Fishing - Profitable?

ragingducks

Well, I have been fishing for 2 days straight days and night leaving my computer open while I sleep/work with 2 characters fishing.

After those two days I made around 30~40k adena from fish (I also made one xp buff with this batch so...), only by selling it at the best price in Giran Harbor (72 adena/fresh and 42/fish). And that's without taking in the fishing rod price as I'm still on the 10 day rod.

Also I don't think selling stews is that interesting because when you see people selling the 10% xp stew at 600a when it cost 35 fresh fish to make... (do a quick math of 35 * 72a and you'll see it's really not profitable XD)

So that's slow. And the xp isn't THAT great neither. But better than nothing. Though tbh, I think I'll stop because the cost in electricity and the hassle of alway having my computer on doesn't make up for it imho :S

Or maybe just do it sometime to get vamp but not day &night like this.

In Giran, before the end of the AFK box event you would be about breaking even - if you fully utilized the rod (fishing for 24 hours) and used your free mission baits.

However, now, when the event ends and many people discover that they can use their event boxes for fishing, the fish price is supposed to fall, so I wouldn't recommend doing it in the next two weeks.

13 minutes ago, Grimblee said:

Also I don't think selling stews is that interesting because when you see people selling the 10% xp stew at 600a when it cost 35 fresh fish to make... (do a quick math of 35 * 72a and you'll see it's really not profitable XD)

That's either a misconfigured shop or a scam. If it's really XP stew (double-check that first), buy it and resell at 2800+.

6 hours ago, ragingducks said:

Hi guys,

I know fishing is free for 10 days, but after that is it profitable seeing as how you have to purchase fishing rods and baits?

XP is definitely a nice feature, but I'd like to hear about it from a pure adena point of view.

The short answer is no...

After the 10 day rod expires it's not profitable to continue fishing in the current economy.

I've just been rerolling new toons to fish for the 10 days, spending 25k - 50k on them to buy start up bait and as many fishing shots as that will buy to improve success rates.

I exchange Blue Mackerel for more fishing shots, use the Fresh Blue Mackerel for stews for myself and I was selling the chests for 480a to 500a, but for now I am just holding on to the chests till the demand for them increases.   

Archived