Circlet of Power Event

amberlynn91

I'm not going to comment on a lot of the points made in this thread but I will post my experience with enchanting circlets.

Purchased 1x 14400 Pack and 1x 3040 Pack (60 Scrolls total).  I got the Noble stone from the 14400 which was disappointing but expected and 22 Spirit Stones. 

I have 61 LUC (66 w/maphr pot). 

Final results; +5 Noble Circlet with 6 Scrolls left over.  Is it "worth it," no, it isn't but, I spend enough to keep my support toon competitive which now includes a circlet.  I'll sell the left over scrolls and hope for a good aug.

Well one level is the civil law aka the eula a contract between a corp and an user another one is the criminal law no one can scam another member of the community without beeing punished. The criminal law does apply only to human beeings and not to corps, while the civil law doesn't know that distiction.

That's why in criminal law you see human beeings beeing accused of x and not corps.

You forgot that the wanna be clever are the dumba sses aka the file was modified on day x hour y and on day w hour z and the user attempted the oe 1 second before or 1 second later compared to the file manipulation.

The problem is the ping pong from usa to korea and viceversa and that's why the lawyers who play in here haven't already done a sue.

Rodah if i do remember well you were talking to draecke saying that it wasn't worth it.

Btw on naia a friend of mine as stated attempted it with 72 luck and ended up with a noble +1.

I can only say that's mathematically accurate to write that when the event is on you can't oe anything to reach the goal that the corp has published as one of the reacheable results. Nothing more nothing less

41 minutes ago, Quitted said:

You forgot that the wanna be clever are the dumba sses aka the file was modified on day x hour y and on day w hour z and the user attempted the oe 1 second before or 1 second later compared to the file manipulation.

I can only say that's mathematically accurate to write that when the event is on you can't oe anything to reach the goal that the corp has published as one of the reacheable results. Nothing more nothing less

With these legal matters precise wording is important. To make it absolutely clear, there is no file modification, there is no file manipulation, there is no technician sneaking into the server room in the middle of the night to install new event files.

The dynamic success rates are hard-coded into the system, probabilities change automatically with the internal server clock. It has been like this since I can remember and you can easily observe the phenomenon when you log into a field hunting ground immediately after the servers go up again after a maintenance. For an hour or two (might be three) there is a significantly higher drop rate of Love Potions (at least twice as often) than before the maintenance or on the day after the maintenance.

This is no fraud, no scam, it simply is what Lineage 2 is.

From a moralistic point of view you can of course say that it is deceitful when NCsoft posts on an event page the stats of +10 Shirts or Cloaks that nobody has ever obtained, but from a legal point of view NCsoft is on the safe side. "It's a chance of 10 billion to one, but it just might work" is an objectively true statement :P

Lol well Yidao you are my preferred user in here, then comes Omen although he is in husaria so i don't want to argue with you.

Btw it doesn't matter if the modification does apply manually or is hard coded. It proves a wilful misconduct or betrug in deutch.

That's a change in the enchant rate % and that's enough.

I think there are so many upset ppl out there that live in the usa so i don't have to add myself to the list to prove something.

As i've said it's nearly impossible to stop the scam.

Secondly i don't know how the korean math works. Here in europe, and i suppose in the usa well worldwide, every % below zero is considered zero and not +1% +2% and so on

Aka 0,1% = 0% = impossible. Then everyone may say what he wants.

I don't know, nor i need to know, if in the usa a corp may publish a false goal that's unrecheable.

For sure in europe no and that's civil law not the criminal one.

As for the rest i was scammed badly, i can't prove it by now, i don't care to prove it because it will cost to me much more that the possible refund. So who cares?

As a sidenote. I don't know Rodah but he is a good guy although an ms one :P

Well if someone tells to me that a thing is unnecessary but then tells to me that the upgrade was necessary so his toon can remain competiteve i find a little bit of contradiction. I don't believe that any of this p2w items can add something to our l2 experience since a visa warrior will always 1 to 6 shot everyone of us all well perhaps all of us in one go. I suggest to stay away from those things then everyone can do what he wants to do.

6 hours ago, Yidao said:

This is no fraud, no scam, it simply is what Lineage 2 is.

For ingame drops and events sure. 

For purchased wagers with uncertain outcomes? I'll let a Grand Jury decide. With the amount of money being thrown around the industry that day is coming fast.

From a moralistic point of view you can of course say that it is deceitful when NCsoft posts on an event page the stats of +10 Shirts or Cloaks that nobody has ever obtained, but from a legal point of view NCsoft is on the safe side. "It's a chance of 10 billion to one, but it just might work" is an objectively true statement

Sweepstakes during the 80s and 90s already tried playing that game. Got smacked real hard in federal class actions.

5 hours ago, Jackl said:

For ingame drops and events sure. 

For purchased wagers with uncertain outcomes? I'll let a Grand Jury decide. With the amount of money being thrown around the industry that day is coming fast.

That day might in fact come tomorrow:
http://www1.president.go.kr/petitions/104938

Please don't misunderstand me, I am not trying to defend NCsoft. As I wrote in my first post in this thread, I am just pointing out the current legislation. Korean players are at the moment trying to get this legislation changed through official channels. What the outcome will be remains to be seen.

I personally have my doubts. NCsoft did not only pay 55,619,000,000 Won aka 50 million US dollar corporate tax in the last fiscal quarter, but the nice Mister Moon is also benefitting from the exploitation of gullible video gamers via the dividend for the 2,707,366 NCsoft shares that the Korean government holds:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2106#p37768
(yes, NCsoft is a state-owned company :D )

And even if the Korean players' line of reasoning that the degree to which NCsoft is selling cash items is immoral and therefore anti-Korean gets accepted (it's pretty much along the line of Do Jong-hwan's views, the minister who will have to do the paperwork), there is still the problem with the different venues that Quitted pointed out above. When a Washington State jury is getting too insistent about online gambling, NCWest will simply move the company seat to Nevada, the Cayman Islands, or to a converted freighter off the shores of Macao.

But don't despair, there is a simple trick to beat the system: just don't level up. There is plenty of fun to be had at the Hot Springs north of Goddard :)

Don't worry I'm not taking personal. I appreciate the Devil's Advocate response. Just re-stating what we've all said ever since the NCstore stopped being just Runes and Consumables.

I too don't believe this will all stop tomorrow or anytime soon, but it will eventually. NC/Tencent/Blizzard/EA. Whoever. Someone will overstep so far it will ruin current practices for everyone. Battlefront came close, but Disney realized EA almost dragged them into a legal battle. The days of Wild West Unregulated paid random chance rewards are numbered. It's just a question of when. Possibly a factor why NCwest has been pushing NCstore events so hard lately.

On 2/18/2018 at 2:59 AM, amberlynn91 said:

He has spent the equivilant of about $500 now just on buying 2 of the most expensive packs for enchanting and an additional pack of extra scrolls.

1) Found another word you miss-typed :P

2) In your place, if I made a conscious decision to spend $500 or however much then I'm aware that this money could very well be completely lost on something with a very high percentage for failure so instead of trying I'd simply sell the materials at a profit where possible and just buy the mother loving thing when it falls in my price range. This way I'll have something to show for it and in both cases I'm still out $500. In my view, attempting to enchant something presumably difficult simply gives you a *chance* to make a profit from the leftover materials and/or the finished product.... if you succeed.

So.... I decided to gamble this time around cos I felt like it and bought two of the ultimate packs and ended up with one Noble Circlet of Grace and one +4 Noble Circlet of Authority. I decided to keep the Authority at +4 by choice since I didn't get a Radiant Stone and can live without the +5 benefits and sold the remaining ~20 scrolls @ 350KK each for profit but of course you need to do all this very early when the event starts or prices will fall. Frankly, I still think selling the materials would have been a better decision but like I said I've already decided to burn that money anyway and am lucky I got something from it.

On 2/18/2018 at 8:13 AM, Vassy said:

This is their standard template answer for this type of tickets. Actually the guy who answered you has no idea what this is about- I am more than sure, if he was maybe he would say it is luc stat related. I don't really know cuz I didn't buy this crap. It looked like scam from the moment they introduced it. The people who actually succeed to make "easy" +5  circlets did this the first hours of the event. 

Agree, i made mine +5 radiant just after "event" start (lucky got radiant stone from 1st pack), anyway need over 150 scrolls to made it. Next day ppl cant get even normal circlet up to +5. Same was with coupon event when greater jewels appear first day and thats it :P Clasic bait on your CC :P

I think and some people also telling the same that there is a relation/connection about how many people are logged currently on the server and the successful OE, augmenting and in general everything based on luck or/and korean random.

My guess is that there is a formula/script based on total players logged on. Of course it is just a guess, rumor, etc. Could be true, not or partly true :)

2 minutes ago, __SpOO__ said:

I think and some people also telling the same that there is a relation/connection about how many people are logged currently on the server and the successful OE, augmenting and in general everything based on luck or/and korean random.

My guess is that there is a formula/script based on total players logged on. Of course it is just a guess, rumor, etc. Could be true, not or partly true :)

There's definitely server settings that are implemented to change success rates for all "random" things in L2, but I don't believe it is related to server population. I've augmented circlets a lot since the very first day of the event and until the weekend it was giving a rare augment every 10 or so stones. Since Monday I've had maybe 3 rare augments in over 200 stones applied at different times. I'm in the EU so my playtime covers both peak and quiet times. The rate has gone stupidly low and it's not a co-incidence or run of bad luck.

The same happens with all events, the servers are set to scam people with high reward early on and lower rates later. There's also setting so that there's more chance of mobs dropping items etc based on server time, that used to be really noticeable with the events where items dropped from mobs and they admitted that one.

5 hours ago, __SpOO__ said:

As Yidao mentioned  rates are directly dependent on Time when you enchant, and  ALSO it is dependent on server population + another factor is how much luck stat is on character. In other words to make a +20 cloak or any top item people have to understand how lineage2 works instead of crying here in forums about how unfair it is. 

l2 is Inteligent game. Anyone who think "Ah i will randomly make +20 cloak" is very wrong. You can throw in millions and u still will have +0 item.   Now think about it, what people do to 1 shot raids ?  I tell you now something important here . BUFF stacking. % + % + % +%  patk/crit damage   etc.  Its stacking whats important here. not even  gear. 

Next thing about enchanting applies very same thing. You stacking all success rates possible %+%+%+%  luck + stones +maphr+ whatever u know about.

Important Factors:

1. have finances very first day of event.

2. try to do OE at low populated servers

3. boost your luck stat as much as u can

4. check how often lady luck pops with shots , observe pattern.

5. when you did all above mentioned prepare item reproduce pattern  and pop +1  as it was expected  based on that pattern. 

6. my personal observation all top enchants for me happened when im going somewhere to exp with party and  pop enchant on the way )). 

For today my best enchants : +10 shiny shirt  +20 apo weapon.   +10 sets are common to me.

P.S  i know it is tempting to go try anytime you want and desire to OE. Do not do this! ) friendly advice! 

Well, I'm curious becuase I've been struggling with the exalted LUC quest for my alt where you have to OE a dagger to +7 and it was pretty easy for my main and a box iss, but now with the 2nd box (evi/Healer) I've already lost about 2bil on (G)EWR in the last 2-3 weeks and still +5 is the max I got. So either I'm extremely unlucky out of a sudden, or something has changed in the server settings. I tried to do it now after the server went up, about 200 ppl were on and again, failed from +4 to +5...

1 hour ago, Helv said:

Well, I'm curious becuase I've been struggling with the exalted LUC quest for my alt where you have to OE a dagger to +7 and it was pretty easy for my main and a box iss, but now with the 2nd box (evi/Healer) I've already lost about 2bil on (G)EWR in the last 2-3 weeks and still +5 is the max I got. So either I'm extremely unlucky out of a sudden, or something has changed in the server settings. I tried to do it now after the server went up, about 200 ppl were on and again, failed from +4 to +5...

Try using Lucky Weapon Stones; the ones that can fail.  If you shout I am certain you will find plenty of people willing to sell very cheap.  These things have dropped from numerous events but hardly anyone ever uses them because they can full fail (crystalize). 

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, Draecke said:

need like 75+ LUC for any type of OE stuff and also be sure to check the items you try to oe as cloaks/circlets are N Grade aka +7 Maphr Shirt doesn't work

Not necessarily. There is still an element of randomness to enchants that even with 75+ LUC, you're going to pop quite a few items. I think our faith in stats is why we keep using those lucky dwarfs, though. But for what it's worth, the last +16 that I made was done with a DE character who doesn't have nearly the same LUC stat as my dwarf. The reason why I chose the DE was precisely because my dwarf was going through a bad enchant week. She failed everything, dozens and dozens of items, including 10 straight armor Destruction scrolls and items enchanted using 10% - 30% success boost enchant stones. But the DE enchanted 6 straight GEWRs like a boss and succeeded to +16. Go figure. 

Dunno why u complain at all, i opened at least 9x 14.4k packages and got 1 radiant stone. Funny what can i say. My luck is i'm a enchanter and got my money back enchating circlets to +5 and selling them ,since if u open the package and a Noble stone comes out u lose about 5b at each package or more.. The rate on radiant i think is lower than insanity ( 7% ). About circlet enchanting in my opinion is fair . And btw guys stop gamble to do your own stuffs,u saw at cloak event, u all failed and complained. Just buy the packages , sell them and buy the item ready.

Bought +0 Noble Circlet for 10bil adena. Used 14 Scrolls bought for 230mil each to make it noble +5. Relative cheap price for a good item, I could be happy, but...

...this item is just WRONG, it's another nail in the coffin.

Ppl. leaving everyday on NAIA, many years-long players are totally fed-up and quit with this P2W-nonsense that Neutron is forcing upon us permanently.

It almost looks like he wanna be finished with this game fast as he can.

Conguero has a hard time keeping pace and banning all unhappy ppl. on forum + deleting their posts. Excatly so bad is the current situation right now.

Funny in a way, if it would'nt be so sad.

Interesting reading.

I have already stopped supporting the shirt (+6) and cloak (+9) events. I thought I'd give the Circlet event a try, but in doing so I broke my first and biggest rule "If I don't buy items on the first day I don't buy at all. Needless to say top package got me a +4 circlet.

Also I think this new forum format is a fail. 

I now can say that I like this event. But I didn't at first. I couldn't enchant to +1 on the first 15 or so scrolls that I tried. I also bought 2 of the Ultimate scroll packs so that I could get the Radiant stones, but only got Noble Stones instead. Seriously, they should have made it possible to combine a Noble stone into a Radiant Stone. But eventually the pendulum swung the other way. Today I opened the remaining enchant scroll chests and received 2 Radiant stones. I sold one, and kept the other for my Radiant circlet, which is now +3. I think I'm going to stop there. 

Archived