Dual Box Newbie Questions

JCSP

Hi. After reading some posts about bans I see that some people complain about it stating they were just boxing. I won't refer here about the bots problem because we know many of them were possibly botting and this is not the purpose of this post. I'm just trying to avoid problems while learning to level a buffer for my mage and spoiler. So I need to ask some questions about simple things related to having 2 accounts to play.

My main account has a human mage and a spoiler. I have a second account leveling a future shillien elder. Now my questions: (sorry if some are really newbie questions)

1) Please confirm that boxing is allowed and legal.

2) Can I use a split window to see both chars at the same time and to avoid alt+tab?

3) Can I follow my main char all the time while in party clicking his the name on the buffer's window? Any other way to follow him?

4) Should I play in party to share exp and level both chars at the same time or not?

5) Can I use simple macros? For example, for BUFFS can I use: a) target myself b) buff c) buff d) buff, etc?  // For the BUFFER can I  a) assist the main char b) use bssd  and c) use skill to attack and later when getting skills macros for targeting the main char and heal or empower?  Any better way to use macros legally?

6) This is really important: CAN I GIVE (TRADE) MY WEAPON AND TUNIC (also send her some bssd) FROM MY MAIN CHAR (A HUMAN MAGE) TO MY BUFFER TO HELP HER LEVELING FASTER WHILE PLAYING ALONE? Because they are lvl26 and lvl20 both can use D items but I need to level the buffer to lvl 26 and then make them play together. Is it legal to trade my items from one account to the other since both accounts are mine and just mine? I haven't done that yet being afraid of a ban.

7) So I'll be using a Necro/Sorc + SE and Scavenger + SE. 

Any other tips to play this way with no fear of getting banned? I appreciate your help.

Yes to all points apart of 2) - don’t know what you mean

you can use a simple follow macro:

/ target “name”

Optional: /use skill like “recharge” or “heal”

/attack

you have some predefined macros in game in the macro tab, that you can use as basis

Read the User Agreement. Nothing that you mentioned is forbidden.

At this time, as long as our SE is not higher level than your mage, you should be leveling in party. Also, there is a command /assist that can be used in the macros for when you want to root your target for your mage (an aggro 2x HP mob, for example) or stigma it for your dwarf.

16 hours ago, JCSP said:

Hi. After reading some posts about bans I see that some people complain about it stating they were just boxing. I won't refer here about the bots problem because we know many of them were possibly botting and this is not the purpose of this post. I'm just trying to avoid problems while learning to level a buffer for my mage and spoiler. So I need to ask some questions about simple things related to having 2 accounts to play.

My main account has a human mage and a spoiler. I have a second account leveling a future shillien elder. Now my questions: (sorry if some are really newbie questions)

1) Please confirm that boxing is allowed and legal.

2) Can I use a split window to see both chars at the same time and to avoid alt+tab?

3) Can I follow my main char all the time while in party clicking his the name on the buffer's window? Any other way to follow him?

4) Should I play in party to share exp and level both chars at the same time or not?

5) Can I use simple macros? For example, for BUFFS can I use: a) target myself b) buff c) buff d) buff, etc?  // For the BUFFER can I  a) assist the main char b) use bssd  and c) use skill to attack and later when getting skills macros for targeting the main char and heal or empower?  Any better way to use macros legally?

6) This is really important: CAN I GIVE (TRADE) MY WEAPON AND TUNIC (also send her some bssd) FROM MY MAIN CHAR (A HUMAN MAGE) TO MY BUFFER TO HELP HER LEVELING FASTER WHILE PLAYING ALONE? Because they are lvl26 and lvl20 both can use D items but I need to level the buffer to lvl 26 and then make them play together. Is it legal to trade my items from one account to the other since both accounts are mine and just mine? I haven't done that yet being afraid of a ban.

7) So I'll be using a Necro/Sorc + SE and Scavenger + SE. 

Any other tips to play this way with no fear of getting banned? I appreciate your help.

1) Yes. It is legal.

2) Yes. If you have a big monitor that would be great. I don't like doing it but some people do it and like it.

3) Yes. You can always follow your main char. A good way to do it is by creating a macro on your buffer that has /attack "main char nickname" as last command ( consider using this last command on heal/buffs macros).

4) Yes. It is important that you play in party to keep all your characters in the same level range to earn the same amount of exp/sp while leveling and to be able to do instances/dailies/quests all at once with all your characters.

5) Yes. This is the best way to use your boxes. This way you can keep killing mobs while receiving heals/buffs.

6) Yes. Just remember that some items are not tradable but it is legal to share items between accounts and characters on the same account.

7) Don't mean to make your mind on choosing your class but I would recommend choosing Sorc because its cheaper to level up considering that Necromancers need cursed bones and more spellbooks than Sorcs.

You are doing ok dude, just be patient and you will achieve decent lvl and adena in some time. Consider joining a clan or CP because it makes lvl/adena faster. Good luck!

On 11/17/2018 at 3:16 PM, Garfield said:

Yes to all points apart of  2) - don’t know what you mean   ← ← ←

you can use a simple follow macro:

/ target “name”

Optional: /use skill like “recharge” or “heal”

/attack

you have some predefined macros in game in the macro tab, that you can use as basis

Split window: when you have 2 clients running, choose one of them and use "windows + left arrow" and that client will be on the left half part of your screen, then choose (click) the other client and that will be on the right side. That way you see both clients at the same time.

Thank you guys @Garfield  @Krissa  @MartyDeadly for your responses and advice. You helped me to clarify a lot of doubts.

Archived