About Database l2 wiki

FachaAr

This is just an asumption.
If you go to MACROS and open a macro to edit it, then go to preset, and HOVER over the presets youl notice russian in there, which means we are running Russian datrabase server with very low rates.

Just that THEORY CONSPIRACY TO bleep UP UR DREAMS TONIGHT

I tried it and got English.  Don't know what I did different.  I'm curious, though.  Is Russian Classic F2P?  I ask because @Hime said we took the rates from another server without our (not sure who our is) approval.  I didn't know there are any other official F2P classic servers.  Maybe we did get Russian rates.  

1 hour ago, Klyukva said:

I believe you are -10 IQ guy l2wiki is not official NCsoft or innova website its private website? where is added russian langauge aswell? and its originaly from russia? for your dreams tonight 

False, L2wiki started as a private website, but now its 100% Innova owned and updated. The rates are being pulled straight from game files via script and so on. They have a small "l2wiki" team too.

8 hours ago, GodEmperorRump said:

At the start of the server you still got the message every hour "Please consider making a break" until they fixed it :D So yea they are most likely using RU files.

That message is still on Skelth, as well, so they could have started with Skelth's software.  I don't know how that relates to the Russian version, but, obviously, Skelth's rates are far higher than ours.

Wasn't the "Classic" code rewritten for Russian Innova first and then ported the the English EU version? 

And as far as the L2 wiki is concerned I thought it was derived from https://l2central.info/classic/Энциклопедия_Lineage_2 

Which like @NufNuf said was private.

And to see what FachaAr is talking about go to the macro Presets and hover over the "Call of Healing" macro....xD

4 hours ago, Karnz said:

And to see what FachaAr is talking about go to the macro Presets and hover over the "Call of Healing" macro....xD

I see what you mean.  Interestingly, that is in English on Skelth, so, yes, it looks like we got the Russian version.  Does anyone know if the Russian version is F2P? Also, does anyone know if the rates on the Russian version are currently as screwed up as ours?  Or have they already corrected them?  Thanks.

1 minute ago, Lawman said:

I see what you mean.  Interestingly, that is in English on Skelth, so, yes, it looks like we got the Russian version.  Does anyone know if the Russian version is F2P? Also, does anyone know if the rates on the Russian version are currently as screwed up as ours?  Or have they already corrected them?  Thanks.

Innova RU is sub based and with correct rates

Thanks for the info.  Just before she disappeared for the weekend, @Hime said: 

"Free to Player service and Pay to Play service have different rates. This is true for all regions. We didn't reinvent the wheel on rates. The first rate scaling issue were based on rates from another region that we did not approve. They were lower than what we intended and we've adjusted them to approximately twice the rate they were at. That puts us now on par with other free to play region rates."

This comment sounds odd.  What other region is she talking about when she says, "The first rate scaling issue were [sic] based on rates from another region that we did not approve."  Similarly, she claims that they've doubled the rates (even on the 40+ areas they didn't change the last time around??!!) and the rates are now "on par with other free to play region rates."  What other regions have free to play Classic?  Does any region have Classic free to play rates "on a par with" ours?  Or does she mean we are "on a par" with the live free to play servers, which makes no sense at all?  BTW, who is the "we" who did not approve the rates?  Surely NCWest approved the rates before Classic went live.  

Can anyone please shed some light on what she could be talking about?  Thanks in advance.

On 18/11/2018 at 6:34 AM, GodEmperorRump said:

At the start of the server you still got the message every hour "Please consider making a break" until they fixed it :D So yea they are most likely using RU files.

This message is client-side, not server-side. Most territories use the same client files, more or less, apart from those who run different languages, line Russian, Chinese, Korean etc.

Archived