PK Scrolls

LoanWolf

8 minutes ago, Punish said:

How exactly are these going to work? Does anyone have details.

No idea, but it is not necessary to be an intelligent people to see , that must works reducing directly the quantity of karma points, or per each player PKed or even the percentage of the PK points that any Chaotic player could get by killing abusively to another player.  Would be nice if they use it to kill bots... but something tells me that those damned Scroll will be the Apocalypse for  legitimate player around the L2 world... What a Nightmare. 

NCsoft Please do not do this, you're jacking with THE CORE game mechanic that controls the entire game and player / player interaction. 

Scroll: PK (No-grade)
80 NCoin = $1 USD

Scroll: PK (D-grade)
100 NCoin = $1.25 USD

Scroll: PK (C-grade)
120 NCoin = $1.50 USD

Scroll: PK (B-grade)
160 = NCoin = $2.00 USD

Scroll: PK (A-grade)
240 = NCoin = $3.00 USD

1 minute ago, mixa said:

Poor nobs, these scrolls are gonna ruin the classic even faster.It was expected though.More to come very soon xD 

I figured they would, the Return on Investment for spinning these servers up seems to be geared toward 3 to 6 months... 

This is so blatantly obvious what the strategy is now from a business model perspective. I recently hit level 35 and did my first daily and could only come to the conclusion that NCsoft wants us to fight asap, not 6 months from now, but before the first castle sieges occur, there could be no other reason for the exp scrolls and +++ stacking EXP bonuses, along with the AFK fishing with the newly introduced 30 day pole, this company wants us to war so damn bad so we get pissed off and buy the consumables from the l2 store. 

It's not Lineage 2, this is a direct attempt to make money off the worst traits of human behavior.

This is WHY the KARMA system is there in the first damn place, to have real CONSEQUENCES for outright murdering someone.

All I can see coming from this is the guys with a fat wallet going on Murder spree's to get off on the dominance aspect of player killing.

You will alienate MORE people with this THAN ANYTHING I've ever seen. 

6 minutes ago, Punish said:

This is so blatantly obvious what the strategy is now from a business model perspective. I recently hit level 35 and did my first daily and could only come to the conclusion that NCsoft wants us to fight asap, not 6 months from now, but before the first castle sieges occur, there could be no other reason for the exp scrolls and +++ stacking EXP bonuses, along with the AFK fishing with the newly introduced 30 day pole, this company wants us to war so damn bad so we get pissed off and buy the consumables from the l2 store. 

It's not Lineage 2, this is a direct attempt to make money off the worst traits of human behavior.

This is WHY the KARMA system is there in the first damn place, to have real CONSEQUENCES for outright murdering someone.

All I can see coming from this is the guys with a fat wallet going on Murder spree's to get off on the dominance aspect of player killing.

You will alienate MORE people with this THAN ANYTHING I've ever seen. 

Exp is too high anyway.  You don't lose adena or sp on death.  Lets have some fun :)

10 minutes ago, Klyukva said:

it will be pay to win mechanic by the way you pk all party clear pk buy scroll you win pvp wtf?

This is my thoughts exactly, Death becomes meaningless. 

Without meaning, dying really will mean nothing to people, just pop a few exp scrolls from a daily, PK and buy a scroll to keep it low so you don't drop anything, there are no consequences for any action at that point. 

If death is meaningless, the conflict will be meaningless. This will hold peoples attention worse than anything, PK will be commonplace and those who can't roll with the CP or Clan they are with will be at a significant disadvantage. NCsoft almost should have just made a freaking First Person Shooter with the way this is going in terms of the average gamers attention span per title. 

This is a simple game design theory, if it doesn't hurt you, you don't care. 

2 hours ago, Starsong said:

Is the following math ok?

I pk 4 ppl, pop 1 XP scroll (should be enough for dekarm), pop 4$ worth of pk scrolls, all ok and i even have more XP + spot taken pleb.

Sounds awesome!

Imagini pentru thanks satan

Seems like you've never got karma, you can't use exp scroll while you have karma.

My main concern is with PK scrolls people will get bored with the game a hell of a lot faster than without them. Killing someone and going red will not give you the rush and therefor the concept of PK will become entirely irrelevant. 

And finally we can know why the karma system is so broken in this chronicle...

Because NCSoft is seek for another fountain of money with this scrolls.

Nothing to say, is a shame transform a PvP game for catch more money from ur users if they want to play like the olders way, where for example if u was griefing for somebody or another party, u just kill them and make justice for ur hands!! the L2 way from all life...

But here was cut and ruin, just for ambition and vil sound of money!!

1 hour ago, Punish said:

My main concern is with PK scrolls people will get bored with the game a hell of a lot faster than without them. Killing someone and going red will not give you the rush and therefor the concept of PK will become entirely irrelevant. 

This is very well said.

Archived