Holiday Battle Tournament

Infami

MS Holidays Battle Tournament: In an effort to come together with holiday spirit MS has decided to hold a tournament and kill each other. We kicked the idea around and decided to open it up to any 7 man team that wants to participate so long as they agree to the rules beforehand. So far, to create as fair a playing field as possible, the following are the restrictions in place.
1) All teams must have 7 members, and all 7 members must be entered in prior to the start of the tournament and cannot be subbed out at any point. If for some reason a participant cannot complete after starting, the party may continue on, down that individual, or forfeit and lose.If an individual DC's during the match, the fight continues. If he/she logs in prior to the match ending they may rejoin the fight immediately, or not at all.
2) Entry fee will be 7b per party. This is due the day before the tournament. Zureil will hold all entry fees (The only alternate to this is if @Juji or @Hime agree to be our escrow bankers for this). Payout will be as Follows: 50% of total entries for 1st place, 30% for 2nd place, and 20% for 3rd place. 3rd place will be determined by the losers from the final 4 teams playing each other.
3) There will be no consumables allowed at all. This includes Dandys, Valiants, Roses, Paagrios, Stews, etc. CP/MP/HP pots WILL be allowed. If any member of any party uses consumables AT ANY POINT DURING THE MATCH, their entire party automatically forfeits the match
4) Victory is when the entire enemy team is dead, or leaves the area of combat. Matches will continue until one of these two conditions is met.
5) There are -NO- dragon weapons permitted on any team at any time.
6) There are no level/class/party make up restrictions. This includes clan. As long as all 7 members are entered before hand it is a valid team.
7) Each party may use a maximum of two brooch BR's (any level) per match, to reduce the effectiveness of stacking single CP's with Greater Gems. If a 3rd brooch BR is used the team who used it forfeits.
8) Each match will have two spotters, and will be recorded. Any rule infractions will be confirmed by both spotters and the recording. All teams are also encouraged to record their matches.
9) The team with the quickest overall loss shall be known as team Zefri for the rest of their days playing L2.
10) Have fun, its not that serious.

Date of the tournament to be determined by the amount of interested CPs. Match-ups will be done at random.

The tournament will be single-elimination except the runners up fighting for 3rd place.
All interested parties can PM me here on the forums or mail me in-game, or post on this thread.
If you arent interested, or dont like the rules (they're non-negotiable), jump off a bridge.

One edit; Im told im a "Stupid DD who doesnt know what its like playing support" Paagrios Might and Freyas Barriers will be permitted, and all brooch BR will be banned, however level 6 gems and their respective skills will be allowed.

So I actually really like this idea. I would love to see @Juji or @Hime in on this as some people might have some trust issues. I don't see that many people wanting to get in on this unless you tweek the rules a lot. Most people's CP's are not running around with +12 darks sets, +16 weapon, 6x6 jewels, ect....

I would like to see one battle tournament hosted by NCSoft where +4 armors, +6 weapons, level 3 jewels (no topaz), low boss jewels like QA Bauim Istina, 2 stat hat, no cloaks, no Kelbim Topaz, and every player level set to 101 with +10 skills. That gives everyone an even playing field, and leaves the gear gap out of the question. 100% skill based PvP like it was back in the day before we all became Credit Card warriors. 

Yeah we reversed course on the brooch brs after speaking about it more to encourage participation and fairness. but we arent going to put too many rules in place because theres no way to verify alot of it since its not like a GM/NCsoft event. This was as fair as we could come up with without being overly restricting.Its why we decided no dragon weapons (mostly a middle finger to Zureil, Rown, and insanebunny as theyre the only 3 active weapon users) because its too game breaking.

Also Zu was the only person I can come up with that im 99.99% sure isnt scamming my adena. and the entry fee is only 1b per person, which all things considered for non-MS members is very low risk. But it would actually be really nice if one of the GM's would agree to hold the fees to encourage non-ms members to participate, but even if no one outside of clan wants to join, we were doing it anyway so no real loss, ill still get to kill zureil and diego and thats all that matters tbh.

Archived