What is the strongest melee DPS class for PvE?

AB6

Hello.

What is the strongest and most reliable melee DPS class to choose from? I just wanna know about their individual PvE perfomance.
I can't choose which one to pick among: Tyrant, Destroyer, Gladiator. (any others?)
I'm already aware of their pros and cons but I don't have knowledge on how they perform individually. I just want a decent melee damage dealer to kill specially high level monsters.
If you can include some insights on how good or worse they perfom in comparision to other classes such as Tanks, Archers, Daggers and even Dwarves I would appreciate very much.
Or just provide any info in general regarding this subject.
Consider that I have a roster of support characters and I'm not gonna necessarily attack alone, I'll include other classes to attack together, no mana recharges though (needed/not needed?).

Thank you.

54 minutes ago, AB6 said:

Hello.

What is the strongest and most reliable melee DPS class to choose from? I just wanna know about their individual PvE perfomance.
I can't choose which one to pick among: Tyrant, Destroyer, Gladiator. (any others?)
I'm already aware of their pros and cons but I don't have knowledge on how they perform individually. I just want a decent melee damage dealer to kill specially high level monsters.
If you can include some insights on how good or worse they perfom in comparision to other classes such as Tanks, Archers, Daggers and even Dwarves I would appreciate very much.
Or just provide any info in general regarding this subject.
Consider that I have a roster of support characters and I'm not gonna necessarily attack alone, I'll include other classes to attack together, no mana recharges though (needed/not needed?).

Thank you.

I'm playing tyrant and is good class for me, I find a guide about this class, cant say nothing about duelist/destroyer bcs never test in l2 classic xD

https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/655910/

Credits to Tetsujin I just copy/paste.

4 minutes ago, Alcione said:

I'm playing tyrant and is good class for me, I find a guide about this class, cant say nothing about duelist/destroyer bcs never test in l2 classic xD

https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/655910/

That's some really good guide, I wish I could compare Tyrant vs Destroyer a bit more reliably, I was leaning towards Destroyers, but I think Tyrants sounds very good, I'll end up changing my mind. Gladiators feel like more focused on PvP rather PvE, I have no clue how they perform. I need something that is able to do decent solo damage for lvl 50+ and kill high HP mobs without suffering too much.

2 hours ago, ragingducks said:

Agreed. Gladiators are pure PVP-oriented and PVE is a bit of a nightmare, even with overenchanted duals.

gladiators are totally useless right now. every single class on the game is better and usefull than them

( i loved doing trains with destroyer on pre-classic game versions and it was the only viable way of play this game for me )
But few days ago i read that on classic destroyers cant run trains because they can hit only 3 targets max, is that true? If so then warlord is the next candidate, why WL is not discussed at all?

Maybe because vampiric - the core skill making trains viable is now a different skill?

That makes all the above statements invalid, your input is needed down below:

imho destro have the highest possible DPS for PVE.

Duelist/Tyrants are more 1v1 pvp machines, though they also output some nice damages.

And more than having the highest DPS, it's through self buffs and normal hits. Meaning they use much less mana to achieve this DPS than the other two.

This is important because thanks to this they can farm for much longer than the other two who need their active skills to actually output their DPS

Archived