Nothing is wrong with the rates, stop crying

Tiest0

7 minutes ago, Lawman said:

I agree.  However, Taiwan and Japan apparently play with these rates and 250-350% VIP boosts.  Anyone know how that has worked out for them? Gabe's comments suggest it worked pretty well.

Certainly either the rates should be adjusted (benefitting everyone) or the VIP boosts should be (benefitting VIP users and probably raising more money for NCWest but not helping the free to play players).

Sounds interesting, but this is simple... Japan/Korea/Taiwan has their rates... our server, has its own rates, why is needed to compare with other classic servers if this one was set to be like it is?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NazgullSupport said:

Sounds interesting, but this is simple... Japan/Korea/Taiwan has their rates... our server, has its own rates, why is needed to compare with other classic servers if this one was set to be like it is?

According to @Hime the rates were set on this server without NCWest's approval.  The comparison with other servers makes sense because (1) apparently the rates were taken from the Japanese/Taiwanese servers and (2) apparently the bonuses were not.  It looks like we ended up with a mixture that no one approved or wanted.  It makes no sense to continue it just because it started that way.  It makes far more sense to learn from the experience of other servers and, now that we know what happened, adjust things accordingly.

P.S. That doesn't mean we have to do exactly what other servers have done.  But we would be foolish not to look at their experiences and, if they went well, deviate from their experience only if we have good reason to do so. 

4 minutes ago, Lawman said:

According to @Hime the rates were set on this server without NCWest's approval.  The comparison with other servers makes sense because (1) apparently the rates were taken from the Japanese/Taiwanese servers and (2) apparently the bonuses were not.  It looks like we ended up with a mixture that no one approved or wanted.  It makes no sense to continue it just because it started that way.  It makes far more sense to learn from the experience of other servers and, now that we know what happened, adjust things accordingly.

P.S. That doesn't mean we have to do exactly what other servers have done.  But we would be foolish not to look at their experiences and, if they went well, deviate from their experience only if we have good reason to do so. 

So According the paragraph, we are playing something like an unofficial beta server... Wonderful!

49 minutes ago, NazgullSupport said:

So According the paragraph, we are playing something like an unofficial beta server... Wonderful!

Whatever NCwest decides to change on this server it's still considered official because in the end it's run by NCsoft, not saying they aren't making some terrible decisions though.

5 hours ago, Lawman said:

I agree.  However, Taiwan and Japan apparently play with these rates and 250-350% VIP boosts.

Just to clarify a little. The value '350%' comes from the fact that a VIP 0 player has 1x (F2P) rate = 100%. If you add the VIP 4 (5, 6, 7) bonus, which is +250%, you get the 100 + 250 = 350% (which is correct as we know that +100% = x2, +200% = x3 so +250% is actually 3.5x rates, denoted 350%).

Taiwan VIP bonus table
Japan VIP bonus table

Be aware, that some things in the bonus table are stated "in total", and others are "+something". This is why you have [in total] "25" world chats for VIP 7 (both JP and TW), though the VIP 7 skill description says +20 - as you already have 5 (after reaching the required level) as VIP 0.

Also, if what I am hearing about NCw is correct and Ant Nest mobs are dropping 800 adena, NCw will have to repeat the Lindvior/Valiance scheme because the inflation will become uncontrollable.

2 hours ago, Lawman said:

@HimeIt looks like we ended up with a mixture that no one approved or wanted.

One of the reasons why I decided against playing on NCw classic was that they officially stated they will use an older version. And history has shown that NC HQ requires both their own branches and 3rd parties to keep up-to-date, regardless if the regional community likes a particular version and loathes certain changes in the next version. So it was obvious that the current client will be used - meaning the current server will be used as well. And as you could guess, making a Seven Signs server look like Age of Splendor is a huge task with high risks if time is pressing (it is NOT as simple as removing A-grade dropping monster spawns) - hence the constant use of the "looks like we forgot to adjust this, but we must recheck with the dev team" explanation.

By the time they catch up with the international F2P build it could be playable, but there's still quite some time until then.

On 11/20/2018 at 12:17 PM, Tiest0 said:

You only complain about the rates in every single forum topic.  You constantly compare the server's to other (Illegal) or past  C1 servers . Lets talk about Alligator quest? or FOM, the super EXP scroll or the VIP 4. That is something that is not implemented in the past They are attempting to create a new version of the game based on classic experience with a more casual adventure.  You all complain about the new rates but fail to mention the positive part of the game.  Sounds to me like you all want to shape the game  YOUR WAY, by constant complaining about everything.  The more you complain the less they will listen to you.       My advice to you is    /start / settings / apps / lineage 2 folder / right click / Uninstall Do us all a favor. Good bye

lol this guy is so funny. "you fail to mention the positive part of the game" which is? the daily quests? the dailies that are made just to unbalance the server even more? with those scrolls that don't even reward SP? so funny

On 11/20/2018 at 6:17 AM, Tiest0 said:

A clear message to you Scrubs who constantly complain about the Adena drop and continuously bash and blame NC soft for their " faulty lack of service".  The only issue with adena drop at the moment is that they buffed low level mobs at the very beginning thanks to your constant crying and complain.
So all the sudden of course once you hit 40, the drop seems mediocre, it's your fault.  NCsoft did introduce a hardcore and nostalgic experience Classic server, Those of you complaining have no idea what C1 was all about.  I do blame NCsoft for providing you with the 1kk scrolls quest.
The scrolls where intended for you  who want to play  2-3 hours a day and all the sudden feel they are superior because they got to lvl 50 popping EXP scrolls, You are the one now complaining you are (BROKE).  Back in C1 there was no such thing as EXP scroll,  you grind your self to where you are
in the meantime you farm money and materials, craft, sell etc.  If you are popping EXP scrolls to skip ahead in levels, you are already bypassing some possible grinding and money making experience of the game.  I defy you to remake a new character and get to level 50 without using an EXP scroll.
If you get to lvl 50 in a week and post forum complain regarding the adena rate I suggest you find a new game to play. Do not sit here and say you have " classic experience"  You don't know shit!!!!! Classic is not based on SKELTH RATES OR ANY OTHER ILLEGAL SERVERS,  is not based on WIKY.  It have it's own unique game Style and rates and currently NCsoft Staff are adjusting.   Instad of complaining and attempting to gain publicity by posting garbage on the forums, please do everyone who is currently enjoying the game a favor  AND leave, as you  claimed you would do couple weeks ago.. 

Guarantee you haven't hit 40+ yet. I guarantee your tune will change once you do. 

hahahaha... when u spoke unprepared :D your post worth for a mame named "the mos braindeath player of all time"

when u reach 50 lvl + like us then u can say your opinion bout the server and the issues we are potiong out. 

U think is normal mob 67 lvl 2x life to give 400a and i the same time ant warrior for example gives 600a+ ? 

U tink 0 drop of any part or matterial or ANY adena at all (for doom kngihts) for example is normal? 

U think in giants cave is normal to have 0 mobs at all? 

Ur 2 dumb to know about that cuz u spoke before u even played the game. 

Im sure all of us will stop complaining when the server PROVE US WITH THE ORIGINAL DATA BASE OR THE DATA BASE FOR THIS SERVER.

WE WOUD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE WHAT IS THE RATE OF EX/PS/DROP/SPOIL FOR EACH MOB 1-80LVL 

IF GM STATES DATABASE IN WICH SAYS  FOR EXAMPLE : DOOM KNIGHT - NO DROP - NO ADENA AND 1/2 USSUAL EXP ... OK FINE.. BUT WE WILL KNOW ITS NORMAL FOR THIS SERVER CUZ ITS STATED. NON OF US KNOW WHAT EXACPLY IS THE STPOIL / DROP/ ADENA SP/ ON THE SERVER NOT ONLY FOR CERTEN AREA.. CUZ TEH SERVER IS NOT 1 AREA... 

WE WANT DATABACE LIKE L2WIKI/PMFUN OR WHAT EVER FOR THIS SERVER. I WANT TO KNOW WHERE WHAT TO EXPECT NOT TO GUESS NOT TO LOOK IN RUSSIAN DATABASE AND TO BE ACUSED THAT ITS DIFFERENT SERVER..  

I WANT TO KNOW FOR WHAT I PAY TO PLAY! NO MATER FREE OR NOT... I (AND MANY MORE) WOUD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT WE ARE PLAYING (RATES - CUZ UR IDIOT AND WILL SAY LINEAGE 2 CLASSIC) 

You guys realise that drops/adena dont scale just because they want slow down top dogs (aka-some of them-rmters)? I myself as a nolifer grind machine i saw half areas that i used to farm getting fixed AFTER most people rich the level to grind there. Like FT+ant nest. Guess what? If i did farm with current rates i would be rich now ingame (compairing most people). Already with nerfed rates i made around 25 million at aden server and im not even focused mainly on adena. Imagine what an rmter could do if 60+ areas were all fixed. Ncwest would lose so much revenue. They dont sell weapons/armor/adena at store, but rmters DO. If want normal rates at all areas, prepare for p2w items in store and a fight between l2store-adena sellers for who will sell at better price like it happends on live servers. I know i was there for years.. I know its SAD but thats how it is... All i can say is that people are always the problem. People sell adena to rmters so they can resell them to other people higher price. People create bots to be ''superior'' and progress faster in game. People destroy market by dropping prices without a reason at items that have demand, believing that this will cause people to buy them faster. People want to make a life out of a game designed to make you have fun. If everyone wanted just to have fun, none of this would exist.

On 11/20/2018 at 12:06 PM, Lawman said:

And this chart from Gabe was what I was really looking for.  Sorry I was thinking it's from Korea instead of Taiwan.

SmartSelect_20181009-152616_Chrome.jpg

Gabe's explanation is also helpful:

"With the help of current and former members of the EU classic team, we were able to determine that two sets of drop/adena rates are  distributed by NCSoft. One set for P2P servers (EU/RU/KR) and one set for F2P servers (TW/JP/NA). In that respect, the Adena rate on North American Classic is very close to what Taiwan and Japan have. The key differentiator between TW/JP servers and NA servers is that TW and JP servers encourage users to purchase VIP by increasing drop rate to 350% of base rates. This increase brings F2P drop rates in line with P2P drop rates. Although adena stays deflated, the F2P economies can flourish by relying more heavily on spoilers, crafters, and the market. For example on Skelth a top B grade weapon currently sells for 14kk to 20kk. On L2 Classic Japan, a top B weapon sells for 8kk to 12kk adena."

Perhaps we should have similar bonuses here, since that's what the rates were intended to work with.

@Juji @Hime
Why cherry pick from different zones?

On 20/11/2018 at 9:17 AM, Tiest0 said:

A clear message to you Scrubs who constantly complain about the Adena drop and continuously bash and blame NC soft for their " faulty lack of service".  The only issue with adena drop at the moment is that they buffed low level mobs at the very beginning thanks to your constant crying and complain.
So all the sudden of course once you hit 40, the drop seems mediocre, it's your fault.  NCsoft did introduce a hardcore and nostalgic experience Classic server, Those of you complaining have no idea what C1 was all about.  I do blame NCsoft for providing you with the 1kk scrolls quest.
The scrolls where intended for you  who want to play  2-3 hours a day and all the sudden feel they are superior because they got to lvl 50 popping EXP scrolls, You are the one now complaining you are (BROKE).  Back in C1 there was no such thing as EXP scroll,  you grind your self to where you are
in the meantime you farm money and materials, craft, sell etc.  If you are popping EXP scrolls to skip ahead in levels, you are already bypassing some possible grinding and money making experience of the game.  I defy you to remake a new character and get to level 50 without using an EXP scroll.
If you get to lvl 50 in a week and post forum complain regarding the adena rate I suggest you find a new game to play. Do not sit here and say you have " classic experience"  You don't know shit!!!!! Classic is not based on SKELTH RATES OR ANY OTHER ILLEGAL SERVERS,  is not based on WIKY.  It have it's own unique game Style and rates and currently NCsoft Staff are adjusting.   Instad of complaining and attempting to gain publicity by posting garbage on the forums, please do everyone who is currently enjoying the game a favor  AND leave, as you  claimed you would do couple weeks ago.. 

You did not play in the c1 hahaha season, probably started playing at Gracia or above! hahahaha To know for your post noob, you are probably still a child and do not know what he says. I played during c3 and honestly I prefer c3 paid for "classic" not transparent on their rates and adena drop where you will probably spend a lot more getting vip4 to "adjust" the drop/exprates than paying a monthly fee that at that time cost about of $ 10.
Then he cries more about who cries with reason. hahahahahahahahahaha

Archived