Nothing is wrong with the rates, stop crying

Tiest0

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Tiest0 said:

A clear message to you Scrubs who constantly complain about the Adena drop and continuously bash and blame NC soft for their " faulty lack of service".  The only issue with adena drop at the moment is that they buffed low level mobs at the very beginning thanks to your constant crying and complain.
So all the sudden of course once you hit 40, the drop seems mediocre, it's your fault.  NCsoft did introduce a hardcore and nostalgic experience Classic server, Those of you complaining have no idea what C1 was all about.  I do blame NCsoft for providing you with the 1kk scrolls quest.
The scrolls where intended for you  who want to play  2-3 hours a day and all the sudden feel they are superior because they got to lvl 50 popping EXP scrolls, You are the one now complaining you are (BROKE).  Back in C1 there was no such thing as EXP scroll,  you grind your self to where you are
in the meantime you farm money and materials, craft, sell etc.  If you are popping EXP scrolls to skip ahead in levels, you are already bypassing some possible grinding and money making experience of the game.  I defy you to remake a new character and get to level 50 without using an EXP scroll.
If you get to lvl 50 in a week and post forum complain regarding the adena rate I suggest you find a new game to play. Do not sit here and say you have " classic experience"  You don't know shit!!!!! Classic is not based on SKELTH RATES OR ANY OTHER ILLEGAL SERVERS,  is not based on WIKY.  It have it's own unique game Style and rates and currently NCsoft Staff are adjusting.   Instad of complaining and attempting to gain publicity by posting garbage on the forums, please do everyone who is currently enjoying the game a favor  AND leave, as you  claimed you would do couple weeks ago.. 

i mean do you even play in the server you SCRUB? how isn't wrong that mobs lvl 40 in solo zones drop THE SAME ADENA AS MOBS 50+? so in this classic version there is no adena scale at all and we're expected to get to 70 with D grade coz every single zone mobs drop 100-200 adena no matter the level? you either don't play the server or you are a botter/adena seller. dumb post top to bottom, by a 50 iq ape

3 hours ago, Tiest0 said:

Have you seen any other version with VIP rates?

Several people have reported here that the Korean VIP rates top out at either 250% or 350%.  That is probably the problem.  We got Korean base rates without Korean VIP rates.  Can anyone verify the Korean VIP rates for us?  Thanks.

I've yet to stumble into a positive forum topic.  

I started one about what were people's favorite events.  You "hardcores" turned it negative by practically shouting "I don't want ANY events."  That's a legitimate answer, but it defeated my efforts to start something positive.

I posted a toxic topic? 

Yes, calling people scrubs and cry babies just because they disagree with you and telling them to GTFO is toxic.  And whining because people want to change the game to have rates the same, or nearly the same, as they used to be is not "positive."  Certainly, you can write a positive post about why you like the game the way it is and don't want changes.  But crying and namecalling is not the way to do it.

4 hours ago, Tiest0 said:

A clear message to you Scrubs who constantly complain about the Adena drop and continuously bash and blame NC soft for their " faulty lack of service".  The only issue with adena drop at the moment is that they buffed low level mobs at the very beginning thanks to your constant crying and complain.
So all the sudden of course once you hit 40, the drop seems mediocre, it's your fault.  NCsoft did introduce a hardcore and nostalgic experience Classic server, Those of you complaining have no idea what C1 was all about.  I do blame NCsoft for providing you with the 1kk scrolls quest.
The scrolls where intended for you  who want to play  2-3 hours a day and all the sudden feel they are superior because they got to lvl 50 popping EXP scrolls, You are the one now complaining you are (BROKE).  Back in C1 there was no such thing as EXP scroll,  you grind your self to where you are
in the meantime you farm money and materials, craft, sell etc.  If you are popping EXP scrolls to skip ahead in levels, you are already bypassing some possible grinding and money making experience of the game.  I defy you to remake a new character and get to level 50 without using an EXP scroll.
If you get to lvl 50 in a week and post forum complain regarding the adena rate I suggest you find a new game to play. Do not sit here and say you have " classic experience"  You don't know shit!!!!! Classic is not based on SKELTH RATES OR ANY OTHER ILLEGAL SERVERS,  is not based on WIKY.  It have it's own unique game Style and rates and currently NCsoft Staff are adjusting.   Instad of complaining and attempting to gain publicity by posting garbage on the forums, please do everyone who is currently enjoying the game a favor  AND leave, as you  claimed you would do couple weeks ago.. 

Many of us play L2 since C1 (2004) and its clear that rates of adena y drop are nerfed, if u want say the against for by more "cool" is ur problem, but the truth is that rates are nerfed!!

If u love C1 experiencie, i invite u to sign the change of karma system too, in that way if i see u in game, could be kill ur PJ and smile for a job well done against one troll!!

22 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Several people have reported here that the Korean VIP rates top out at either 250% or 350%.  That is probably the problem.  We got Korean base rates without Korean VIP rates.  Can anyone verify the Korean VIP rates for us?  Thanks.

There is no VIP at all, not in the form we have it here. Here you spend ncoin in the store for things you can use and you get the vip on top of that.VIP here is actually a bonus, not a service.

1 hour ago, mixa said:

There is no VIP at all, not in the form we have it here. Here you spend ncoin in the store for things you can use and you get the vip on top of that.VIP here is actually a bonus, not a service.

Okay, and thanks for the reply.  But there is some way to get high percentage increases in your drops and, perhaps, in your adena drop amounts and spoils.  Do you know how that works? Please help by sharing that information if you do.  Anyone else know the details?

This comment by Garfield is one of the ones I was thinking of: "If I’m not mistaken after “tweaking”, we would then have same shitty rates(less than x1)as KR or JP, whereby JP VIP4 gives you 250% drop increase rate(dunnow about if KR VIP tier bonuses are same with JP ones)."

And this from FatHips: "Current rates (unadjusted, the ones from launch) are the intended rates that Japan and Taiwan currently have.  But their VIP boosts those rates to Skelth levels (350% adena/spoil/drop rate for VIP7).  The +350% essentially makes free-to-play rates = to Skelth Pay-to-Play rates."

So maybe I should be asking about Japan and Taiwan rather than Korea.  Or maybe Korea has a premium subscription option that does the same thing.  Anyone who knows please enlighten me.  Thanks. 

And this chart from Gabe was what I was really looking for.  Sorry I was thinking it's from Korea instead of Taiwan.

SmartSelect_20181009-152616_Chrome.jpg

Gabe's explanation is also helpful:

"With the help of current and former members of the EU classic team, we were able to determine that two sets of drop/adena rates are  distributed by NCSoft. One set for P2P servers (EU/RU/KR) and one set for F2P servers (TW/JP/NA). In that respect, the Adena rate on North American Classic is very close to what Taiwan and Japan have. The key differentiator between TW/JP servers and NA servers is that TW and JP servers encourage users to purchase VIP by increasing drop rate to 350% of base rates. This increase brings F2P drop rates in line with P2P drop rates. Although adena stays deflated, the F2P economies can flourish by relying more heavily on spoilers, crafters, and the market. For example on Skelth a top B grade weapon currently sells for 14kk to 20kk. On L2 Classic Japan, a top B weapon sells for 8kk to 12kk adena."

Perhaps we should have similar bonuses here, since that's what the rates were intended to work with.

3 minutes ago, Murad said:

FREE TO PLAY

Don't like it? Don't buy it, oh wait...u can't buy something that is free.

Again this lame comment: FREE TO PLAY does not automatically give you an entitlement to everything the game has to offer, FTP does not mean you will have the same chances and the same this a paying customer will have. The game is indeed totally free to play, but free to play does not mean free end game items, free hero status, free... w/e, but it's free and it's real, you can go on killing elpys for years if you want but you will never take Aden castle that way... so no, F2P does not mean you are entitled to everything.

17 minutes ago, Oeste said:

Again this lame comment: FREE TO PLAY does not automatically give you an entitlement to everything the game has to offer, FTP does not mean you will have the same chances and the same this a paying customer will have. The game is indeed totally free to play, but free to play does not mean free end game items, free hero status, free... w/e, but it's free and it's real, you can go on killing elpys for years if you want but you will never take Aden castle that way... so no, F2P does not mean you are entitled to everything.

Can i login the game without being forced to pay a subscription to login? yes or no?

The problem is credit card warriors like yourself are entitled babies who don't know the meaning of hard work. If the game is too hard for you, play another game like Lineage 2 revolution or Diablo mobile.

48 minutes ago, Oeste said:

Huh, it actually does mean that too, I can say that from personal experience.

1 minute ago, mixa said:

Huh, it actually does mean that too, I can say that from personal experience.

I know you are, but this is not common and therefore not something everyone should expect. Thing is, most people want "instant gratification", there is no such thing in this F2P offering, heck not even in the P2W offering!. It will take a lot of resources, (time, energy, money, etc.. depending on the situation F2P or P2W), or luck to get there, this should not be the expectation. Your and some cases are the "exceptions that confirm the rule" not the average. 

1 hour ago, Lawman said:

And this chart from Gabe was what I was really looking for.  Sorry I was thinking it's from Korea instead of Taiwan.

"With the help of current and former members of the EU classic team, we were able to determine that two sets of drop/adena rates are  distributed by NCSoft. One set for P2P servers (EU/RU/KR) and one set for F2P servers (TW/JP/NA). In that respect, the Adena rate on North American Classic is very close to what Taiwan and Japan have. The key differentiator between TW/JP servers and NA servers is that TW and JP servers encourage users to purchase VIP by increasing drop rate to 350% of base rates. This increase brings F2P drop rates in line with P2P drop rates. Although adena stays deflated, the F2P economies can flourish by relying more heavily on spoilers, crafters, and the market. For example on Skelth a top B grade weapon currently sells for 14kk to 20kk. On L2 Classic Japan, a top B weapon sells for 8kk to 12kk adena."

Perhaps we should have similar bonuses here, since that's what the rates were intended to work with.

As I play in Taiwan (Eva, the most populated classic server currently), I can add a few things. First of all, VIP7:
0Mlk0Ml.png
The right to VIP 7th level chest. XP/ SP gain +30%, item drop rate +250%. Experience loss and chance to lose items upon death is decreased by 20%. PvE/ PvP damage is increased, STR/ DEX/ INT/ WIT/ MEN +2. World chat on any level, number of usage attempts +20. XP/ SP gain +20% during fishing.

Second of all, top B grade weapons:
Clean Damascus Sword = 15m
xxPZ1E4.png

Clean Bow of Peril = 13.3m
yFJB3HP.png

+7 Top B usually goes between 60m and 80m, for example this +7 Damascus (the aug is trash, so no value inflation here: +97 CP, +20 HP and +0.12 HP rec):
fapT0WP.png

+10 Top B can easily be 140-180m.

The adena is definitely scarce, but since in x1 L2 you would always make the most adena from mat & key mat drops, the +250% drop rate helps by miles (+250% is achieved at level 4 VIP). This also makes sure that as server gets older, +16 2SA gear doesn't start to cost hundreds of billions and that everyone keeps crafting items, even stuff like C grade armor (e.g. karmian gloves), not only topmost A grade items.

Why are you so mad about it? Wouldn't that benefit you in the same way? Are you afraid people will be able to progress more reliably? I'm still confused... 
NC itself acklowledged that there was a problem with the rates, they still acklowdge that they still should do something about it. Who's wrong? The community? NC?
Are you afraid to drop from that virtual pedestal, what's happening, who hurt you?
Do you deny the fact that people just want stay on a positive line of progression, is it too much? In your "game design mastermind mentality" is it logical to drop the same amount of adena? Do you deny that you'll force players into adapting their game to an abonimation playstyle? Why do you think AoE is basically the only actual meta? Stop being that disgusting, when there are that many games to choose from you're being selfish against people that are willing to contribute to the success of this game.
Waaay too selfish, you sound desperate to stay above of the "more casual players", I think you wanna be that player so called "a factor", and even complain about the scrolls which are nowhere close to a problem, they're actually very helpful for pvps and other things.
And worry not, you'll be playing in your dead game in no time, those people "complaining" are still the reason this game is still alive, be thankful.
And, please, don't compare "this" with old L2, old L2 doesn't deserve to be offended. Majority of the players are just playing with a mentality that the server will be fixed and most people also play because the community is decent, no one wants to play in a dead server even though they are infinitely better... how long though? You can fun as much as you want. Keep punching bricks and being a blind sheep, no one cares.

Way too many noobs in this thread complaining how players and staff want rates fixed.

I mean wtf, are these guys roleplayers or something? Classic is carebear enough.

NCsoft already stated that the lowered rates were unintentional but were kinda stuck with them for the time being. 

7 hours ago, Lawman said:

This game wasn't designed to be played with current NA rates. It couldn't be more obvious. 

1 minute ago, warborn said:

This game wasn't designed to be played with current NA rates. It couldn't be more obvious. 

I agree.  However, Taiwan and Japan apparently play with these rates and 250-350% VIP boosts.  Anyone know how that has worked out for them? Gabe's comments suggest it worked pretty well.

Certainly either the rates should be adjusted (benefitting everyone) or the VIP boosts should be (benefitting VIP users and probably raising more money for NCWest but not helping the free to play players).

Archived