Is it safe to invest time/money ?

MartyDeadly

I'm very sad about the NCSOFT service, after many attempts and no response as to why I was banned, I kind of received a bleep from the company, in which she says that any open ticket regarding my banishment will not have a return ...

if they banned me, they must have a reason, I wanted to know if I returned to play, I would not be banned again, because I did not really use the bot.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MartyDeadly said:

I think the guys that are writing these e-mails do believe that the community wont talk about these things or that the community is not going to disagree with their behavior...

Its unbelievable :(

its really a joke man, i had $600 invested in Ncoin.. and they dont give 2 shits. but yet, supremacy supplies adena to the server and is making thousands.

Just now, Mucinex said:

its really a joke man, i had $600 invested in Ncoin.. and they dont give 2 shits. but yet, supremacy supplies adena to the server and is making thousands.

That is the real joke. I log in everyday and I receive at least 10 adena sellers pms. I am blocking them every single day... Then I logged another account and received a pm from adena sellers that I reported a week ago.

Their safety system does not look safe at all to me...

1 hour ago, Krissa said:

NC West is not a publicly traded company, so I don't know how you were going to invest money into it.

You are not investing time or money into a recreational game. You are spending them. Otherwise, hopefully, you are going to be banned.

Okay if you want to pick words out then that is fine.

People SPEND their hard earned money. Most of these players have a job that requires 8 hours to 10 hours of their time. Which during their off times they choose to spend their time and or money on a game that is produced by NcSoft. In the current standing and practice it is unprofessional of NcSoft’s support and as a company to not provide a reasoning to a blocked account other than their standard canned note.

It would be best if the support staff applied a part of the terms of service that was broken to cause the ban that way a person has an idea how and what they are appealing on.

I personally have been banned and unbanned but these were unrelated to using third party programs. I have been banned for things I have said to other people and they were able to provide the specific quote that got me a ban. So I could avoid bans in the future. 

So what is the difference from providing what was caught in order to produce a banned account.

Speak spanish?

To add to the discussion, I had a lvl 1 dwarf that was banned for 3rd party.  They gave me the same spiel about highest degree and all this.  Which is bs.  None of the other 8 accounts I use (between my wife and I, all 5x now) have been banned.  I have no idea why or how he was banned, although admittedly his name was asdfsd because that was when you had .5 seconds to create a name on a non vip account.

I can say for certain that I was not using any 3rd party program and like I said, he was lvl 1 to be a sellshop. Thank God they banned me before I put any thing of value on him.

2 hours ago, LightRider said:

People SPEND their hard earned money. Most of these players have a job that requires 8 hours to 10 hours of their time. Which during their off times they choose to spend their time and or money on a game that is produced by NcSoft.

People that spend a noticeable part of their salary on NCsoft games are idiots, sorry.

In the current standing and practice it is unprofessional of NcSoft’s support and as a company to not provide a reasoning to a blocked account other than their standard canned note.

It would be best if the support staff applied a part of the terms of service that was broken to cause the ban that way a person has an idea how and what they are appealing on.

Are you sure they are not stating the reason?

I honestly don't know, I have never been banned, but when banned people quote what NCsoft replies, it usually contains what NCsoft thinks they are banned for.

I personally have been banned and unbanned but these were unrelated to using third party programs. I have been banned for things I have said to other people and they were able to provide the specific quote that got me a ban. So I could avoid bans in the future. 

So what is the difference from providing what was caught in order to produce a banned account.

They are saying that they don't want to disclose their bot detection methods.

But I think that for most "google translate" people here that think that NCsoft banned them for nothing, NCsoft detected an illegal server client files on their computer. Playing on illegal servers is a bannable offence.

57 minutes ago, Krissa said:

People that spend a noticeable part of their salary on NCsoft games are idiots, sorry.

Are you sure they are not stating the reason?

I honestly don't know, I have never been banned, but when banned people quote what NCsoft replies, it usually contains what NCsoft thinks they are banned for.

They are saying that they don't want to disclose their bot detection methods.

But I think that for most "google translate" people here that think that NCsoft banned them for nothing, NCsoft detected an illegal server client files on their computer. Playing on illegal servers is a bannable offence.

1. Idiots or not that is your opinion, what is fact is they still spend their money and they are customers for purchasing a product from a company and they deserve the right to know why a product they have purchased is being denied to them.

2. They do not provide a reason other then "Sorry you are banned and there is no information that we are able to provide you."

3. I am not asking for them to disclose their bot detection methods. I am asking them to disclose what part of the terms of service was broken rather than a canned note that states they were banned and no information is going to be provided.

• You are providing false information. The X3code does not scan your system all it does is look at the programs that are being ran along side the client that affect the client and also monitor player behavior. If it scanned the system for system files that would be an invasion of privacy. I have put the sentence in bold for you to easily identify what this statement is referring to.

Before it happened to me I assumed everyone complaining was botting too. Exact same non-responses from NCsoft as posted earlier in the thread. I see now they're adding an additional "no we can't tell you cause it's super secret", so they must be getting nervous. It's one thing to have an error and get an innocent player's account locked. Mistakes happen. I understand that and was willing to go through support. But to refuse to communicate or explain or DOUBLE CHECK with that customer is unacceptable. That is not a mistake, that's a failure of the entire support system.  I know for a fact there was no "investigation" into whatever mysterious part of their TOS I violated. No 3rd party programs, no account sharing, no RMT, nothing. But beyond that, if someone had taken literally 30 seconds to look through my account characters (not even asking them to check play logs, I know that kind of due diligence is way too much to ask from NCsoft) they would see....a lvl 39 character created on day 1 with 400k to their name. Didn't have top d-grade yet. I had 2k earlier that day, but I got a lucky full drop in a clan party at AI (TALKING, PLAYING, NOT BOTTING), and sold it for that 400k. Oh and also, I had a box account that mysteriously escaped unscathed, so...

Anybody who thinks that only botters are being targeted is a moron, point blank. They don't even give any compensation for the lost time from what I hear from people who get their account back. A week is a long time to lose in a competitive game like this, especially when you get higher.  So, the answer is no, it is not safe to invest time and especially money in this game. This company's service is literally the worst ever and the same thing could happen again at any time down the line. If anyone else (who got randomly banned) bought NCoin through Paypal, try to open up a dispute through there. If a lot of those start popping up, Paypal will take notice and we all have a better chance of getting our money back. They might refuse to explain their "investigation" process to their customers, but they will not be able to use that excuse with Paypal. :)

12 hours ago, MartyDeadly said:

Hi there,

I am an old player that used to play at Bartz, Zaken, Chronos and atm Im playing at TI and I have serious doubts that the investment of time/money that Im making is safe or not and I`ll explain why.

1 - A friend of mine got banned for no reason. Some of you may think: It is ok, NCsoft is going to fix it.

2 - Then he sent an e-mail to NCsoft and after days he received an answer with 0 info about this issue. Some of you may think: Its ok, sometimes these kinda stuff takes days.

3 - After the lazy answer from NCsoft he sent another e-mail asking the support team to at least tell him what he did that was illegal ( maybe using teamspeak or l2wiki while playing ). Some of you may think: Its common to get a automatically answer

4- The answer from NCsoft was: We are not going to tell you about your illegal action but you did something wrong and we are not going to remove u from the ban list.

I could keep the sarcasm and the ridiculous enumerations for hours but my point is :

IF THEY ARE BANNING PEOPLE FOR NO REASON THEN I MAY BE THE NEXT LOTTERY TICKET WINNER.

I saw other posts from people that I don't even know stating the same situation. 

And before the trolls starts posting things that will not help anyone I would like to be as clear as water that this concerns all of us because we all may suffer from NCsoft Russian Roulette.

I just hope that the support team gives a honest answer at this post so that everyone can know if it is safe to invest time and money here or if we should just shut up and accept or leave.

Best Regards,

Marty

really no one gives a bleep lol

Marty, you seem like the first critically thinking guy on this forum. I say get out while you can, or at least do not spend any money here. Many people have been banned unfairly and many more will as adminis here have shown zero interest in looking into issue and actually claimed everything is alright. As the bots make new accounts after ban their numbers will stay the same, while banned players and their friends will leave because of this. There is plenty of evidence NCsoft is bleeping up here, even guys who defend these bans do not make sense as their only argument is "I havent been banned, thus you're a cheater" while the first part of the statement might be true, these things are not mutually exclusive.  You don't even need to be smart to understand this. I personally count myself to be one of lucky ones because my grind was stopped after one month in, I can't even imagine how it will sting for guys who paid money and put in waay more hours than I did. Furthermore, you see argument that if you haven't done anything you just write a ticket and wait till they "fix their mistake" in a week or so. I can tell you right away that it is not always the case. I speak from experience like most of us here. You just have to make assumptions yourself, but here is a free tip: never listen to those who claim to know how ncsoft and their random bans work and justify it all, calling others bots or accusing them of doing something wrong as ncsoft never give out any info about their bs system. Hope you make right decision, you seem alright.

8 hours ago, Decayed said:

To add to the discussion, I had a lvl 1 dwarf that was banned for 3rd party.  They gave me the same spiel about highest degree and all this.  Which is bs.  None of the other 8 accounts I use (between my wife and I, all 5x now) have been banned.  I have no idea why or how he was banned, although admittedly his name was asdfsd because that was when you had .5 seconds to create a name on a non vip account.

I can say for certain that I was not using any 3rd party program and like I said, he was lvl 1 to be a sellshop. Thank God they banned me before I put any thing of value on him.

That is very odd, to be honest.

6 hours ago, Krissa said:

People that spend a noticeable part of their salary on [insert anything here] are idiots, sorry.

Fixed that for you [/sarcasm]. On a more serious note, spending a noticeable part of your salary on something used to be called 'having a hobby' (politically correct version), as spending a noticeable part of your salary on anything except the bare essentials that prevent certain, immediate death was determined to be 'stupid' for centuries, at least. NOBODY CARES.

It's totally safe, if you don't bot.

Also, don't expect support to tell your the exact software that's tripped the alarm. They never do and do are other companies.

If you don't feel it's safe to invest time (since money is not a factor), then don't.

7 hours ago, LightRider said:

1. Idiots or not that is your opinion, what is fact is they still spend their money and they are customers for purchasing a product from a company and they deserve the right to know why a product they have purchased is being denied to them.

2. They do not provide a reason other then "Sorry you are banned and there is no information that we are able to provide you."

3. I am not asking for them to disclose their bot detection methods. I am asking them to disclose what part of the terms of service was broken rather than a canned note that states they were banned and no information is going to be provided.

The "customers" are told which part of the User Agreement they allegedly broke.

Your opinion that they have a "right" to know more. NCsoft's opinion is that they don't. There is a way to discover the facts, but so far, as we know, no one used it with the result that would confirm your opinion.

• You are providing false information. The X3code does not scan your system all it does is look at the programs that are being ran along side the client that affect the client and also monitor player behavior. If it scanned the system for system files that would be an invasion of privacy. I have put the sentence in bold for you to easily identify what this statement is referring to.

You are assuming too much here. You are assuming that I am "providing information" (and not just voicing an opinion), you are assuming that it has anything to do with "the X3code" (and not just by the hacked NCsoft's client itself), you are assuming that it is done by "scanned the system for system files".

And what is more important, you are assuming that NC West has a much better understanding of what they are doing legally compared to what is going on inside their own game.

If it scanned the system for system files that would be an invasion of privacy.

I would be hard pressed to come up with a statement that would be more untrue than this, but due to code of conduct of these forums that's all I can say without risking another forum ban.

17 hours ago, Oeste said:

I have a hard time to believe the bans are random, I simply don't believe they are. Departing from there I would say, keeping your account safe is your job, if you don't: bot, don't use non allowed hardware to automate gameplay, don't account share (including using power-leveling services), don't RMT or in any other way engage in activities that are against the EULA, your account should be safe.

Now, I know people always say: "I don't do any of those things", while I believe most of these are BS statements, (I've said it before "cheaters are always liars" who will say anything to get off the hook), I would have to agree that some bans (a very low number) might be bona fide errors. For example, if you have software installed that inadvertenly interacts with the game that might cause a ban, you will need to make a thorough revision of your setup to make sure there is nothing causing the problem and, if there is, you will have to provide solid evidence to NC about it.

My interpretation of why they don't tell you the ban cause is simple: they want you to confess, so your arguments will give them information they might not have, for example: "oh, maybe ban is from that time when I went to pickup my Russian bride and I logged in while at the hotel in Moscow...".

Overall,  as far as I know, as long as you don't fall into plain harassment, they will always review your emails and if you have sound arguments might reverse their preliminary conclusions (and the ban). I know of multiple people who have recovered banned accounts this way. This process is not automatic, is not fast, yes you will get a lot of canned responses but THEY WILL review you case, of that I am certain, (again because I have first hand knowledge of it though many friends to whom I have even help to open tickets, etc.. cause they could not access the service on account of being banned), so that's that... 

Yes they are random. I got banned and unbanned 3 times for various stupid reasons. I'll repeat myself again, they are not banning bots and adena sellers. 

14 hours ago, Mucinex said:

I'd be charging back quicker than a mfer. You ban me for no reason at all and then give me some bs excuse talking about we cannot tell you about our detection methods (translated: We rely on other players filing bot reports against you). I'm charging back EVERYTHING. I have personally seen the same bot train in plains of Dion for over a week now. 

Then you get on the forums and read shit like - I was banned for no reason (this happens a lot). I was among those banned in the first wave of accidental bans when the server first started, so I have a right to be pissed. 

5 hours ago, Krissa said:

The "customers" are told which part of the User Agreement they allegedly broke.

Your opinion that they have a "right" to know more. NCsoft's opinion is that they don't. There is a way to discover the facts, but so far, as we know, no one used it with the result that would confirm your opinion.

You are assuming too much here. You are assuming that I am "providing information" (and not just voicing an opinion), you are assuming that it has anything to do with "the X3code" (and not just by the hacked NCsoft's client itself), you are assuming that it is done by "scanned the system for system files".

And what is more important, you are assuming that NC West has a much better understanding of what they are doing legally compared to what is going on inside their own game.

At this point I think you just like to argue and push buttons looking at your currant and past posts.

Any sensible player innocent or not would want more information.

Have a good day.

Go to any jail in the world and ask to the guys there if they are guilty or not, if they are criminals or not. 90% will thell y that they are not guilty.

If u never used any 3er party program and u do not share your account, u will never get banned, SIMPLE AS THAT,

Stop crying about: "i got ban with no reason". Nobody beleives u bro... NOBODY. Just play safe and do not share ur account.

And please give as a favor and leave server, i dont want liers here. Im with NCSoft with 100% of their bans. They should be banning more people, more IPs and more botters. Also all the adena sellers IPs should be banned...

16 hours ago, Mucinex said:

Amazing "player" right there. This is a typical pay2win nob that will do anything to gain advantage over the others.

I guess well deserved ban on this one.

On a side note, NCW should start monitoring the Adena given players are receiving from charters connected to the Adena sellers and hit those too.

5 hours ago, mixa said:

Amazing "player" right there. This is a typical pay2win nob that will do anything to gain advantage over the others.

I guess well deserved ban on this one.

On a side note, NCW should start monitoring the Adena given players are receiving from charters connected to the Adena sellers and hit those too.

how is it gaining advantage over others? sorry your broke? you have the same oppurtunity as me to do the same. 

• Amraith changed the title to Is it safe to invest time/money ?
15 minutes ago, Mucinex said:

how is it gaining advantage over others? sorry your broke? you have the same oppurtunity as me to do the same. 

I would suggest you meet some of the LIVE players first before calling random people "broke". That's the thing, to some people money is a tool and they don't mind spending any amount of it in order to achieve some goal (glory/fame, but usually locking down any features that have a potential for RWT for themselves from the rest of the server).

It will be the same in Classic, no matter how much you spend on NCoin, you will be oneshot by people who do Antharas/Baium/Zaken for RWT if you dare to contest them.

On 11/20/2018 at 11:40 AM, Oeste said:

If he's only asking questions and not giving them all the information he can give, he will not go far. He needs to analyze how he used the accounts and what the causes might be and then he will get some answers. I don't know your friend's specifics and I don't need to know them, you/he will solve nothing by discussing them here. What I suggest you do is go through the process provide them with every bit of information that may have an impact on the ban.

For example: my ISP changes my IP frequently or the changes come from every time I reboot the modem here's the evidence (you can ask a question to your ISP's customer service by chat or email which u can use); this is the list of software I use that I believe might have interaction with the game software; This is a list of the hardware I use; this is... etc.. you get the idea, also mind the in game behavior: did you engage in a racist convo, did someone "gifted" you large sums of adena or high end items, did you join an awesome party that lasted 15 hours but the people where "shy" and never talked during the whole time which seemed weird but omg the XP!, etc... don't just ask for explanations (you will get none), instead  provide honest information. Eventually  they will answer: "...thanks this ban is not based on frequent ISP changes...", and then you can discard that, in the end you will get close enough to the actual reason and then you can know if it was fair or not AND most importantly you will be able to present your case for reconsideration.

I decided to use this tactic, but NCSOFT is not even there for its customers! 

Open a new ticket.

In the past people were just playing MMOs, now it’s been replaced by “investing” in MMOs. Sad Back to the topic - unless you plan to spend at least 0.5-1k $/month in the near future to stay competitive(not considering the peanuts now in store, but what will be certainly added “soon”), then no, it’s not worth to invest, nor to play it

Cheers

Archived