Is it safe to invest time/money ?

MartyDeadly

I would like to thank everyone who shared their views on this topic. It is important that we make sure that our voice is heard even if those who must pay a little respect to the community do not care about it. At least we're doing what we can.

But the saddest part about all this banning random people issue is that they are losing players (ppl who play the game and that contributes to keep the server full of life and ppl who pay 20/30 $USD per month that contributes to the maintenance of the server and of the company itself) that were ok with playing on a server full of bugs and with a low cost customer service.

I am sure that every company in the world would at least make some effort not to lose these loyal customers/players, but that's not what ncwest is doing ... so the consequences are hitting on its doors and its going to hit a little harder day after day.

The last to leave please turn off the lights and make sure to shut the doors.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Devoid said:

I would suggest you meet some of the LIVE players first before calling random people "broke". That's the thing, to some people money is a tool and they don't mind spending any amount of it in order to achieve some goal (glory/fame, but usually locking down any features that have a potential for RWT for themselves from the rest of the server).

It will be the same in Classic, no matter how much you spend on NCoin, you will be one shot by people who do Antharas/Baium/Zaken for RWT if you dare to contest them.

Price of a stage 1 dragon weapon in the live servers is about what now? 1.5 Trillion adena or more or less Usd 9k? I lost track of the market in live servers in the past 2 months. The dragon weapon event was the tip of the iceberg for me and yet, I hear there are more and more stage 1's in both servers now.... Servers might be "dead" but some people keep pouring money into them...

On 11/20/2018 at 10:35 AM, MartyDeadly said:

Hi there,

I am an old player that used to play at Bartz, Zaken, Chronos and atm Im playing at TI and I have serious doubts that the investment of time/money that Im making is safe or not and I`ll explain why.

1 - A friend of mine got banned for no reason. Some of you may think: It is ok, NCsoft is going to fix it.

2 - Then he sent an e-mail to NCsoft and after days he received an answer with 0 info about this issue. Some of you may think: Its ok, sometimes these kinda stuff takes days.

3 - After the lazy answer from NCsoft he sent another e-mail asking the support team to at least tell him what he did that was illegal ( maybe using teamspeak or l2wiki while playing ). Some of you may think: Its common to get a automatically answer

4- The answer from NCsoft was: We are not going to tell you about your illegal action but you did something wrong and we are not going to remove u from the ban list.

I could keep the sarcasm and the ridiculous enumerations for hours but my point is :

IF THEY ARE BANNING PEOPLE FOR NO REASON THEN I MAY BE THE NEXT LOTTERY TICKET WINNER.

I saw other posts from people that I don't even know stating the same situation. 

And before the trolls starts posting things that will not help anyone I would like to be as clear as water that this concerns all of us because we all may suffer from NCsoft Russian Roulette.

I just hope that the support team gives a honest answer at this post so that everyone can know if it is safe to invest time and money here or if we should just shut up and accept or leave.

Best Regards,

Marty

I will show you what i get from NC Support.

PS: I get my acc locked.

I replied saying that I had not used anything and that they did some more checks.

If you did not find any problems on my account, why stay banned?

After that, i give up.

Thanks

:D

@Oeste on Naia it's 800bil for a stage 1 from what I've heard but that was a useless dual so meh

also those Dragon fragment events were totally lol cause all it did was add more fragments but nearly zero extra dragon claws which many fragment buyers failed to realize so if you see an increase in stage 1 weapons I think you're wrong and it's most likely just the same existing old ones being moved around as there's really not enough claws on either server to make more then maybe 1 new dragon weapon stage1

now with regards to p2w stuff you might want to pay attention to the fact Korean Classic is same l2store as Live servers and EU/RU Classic got brooch jewels released this Month so guess what direction you can expect things to move here ;)

dont.  i just got banned for being in party with a bot, they just banned the entire party (no reports, no gm who came to check etc etc, it was an automated ban) and banned 3 manual players and 1 person who has bot.  ive tried emailing them but so far only copy paste replies as posted earlier in this thread.

if being in pt with a bot is bannable then we can never use party matchmaking because who knows if a random player has bot active. or join any clan because u can get banned for other peoples actions.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, MartyDeadly said:

I would like to thank everyone who shared their views on this topic. It is important that we make sure that our voice is heard even if those who must pay a little respect to the community do not care about it. At least we're doing what we can.

But the saddest part about all this banning random people issue is that they are losing players (ppl who play the game and that contributes to keep the server full of life and ppl who pay 20/30 $USD per month that contributes to the maintenance of the server and of the company itself) that were ok with playing on a server full of bugs and with a low cost customer service.

I am sure that every company in the world would at least make some effort not to lose these loyal customers/players, but that's not what ncwest is doing ... so the consequences are hitting on its doors and its going to hit a little harder day after day.

The last to leave please turn off the lights and make sure to shut the doors.

Does anyone remember about my last post in which I mentioned that the consequences of banning random people would have a result?

Talking Island has ~5k player on atm. It used to have ~6.5k players.

At the forums all we can see are people complaining that they have their accounts banned for no reason.

Lets do some reasonable math - If they ban an honest player --> they will probably loose the player that owned the account banned and its friends.

If they ban a botter --> nothing is going to happen to their server`s numbers because a botter will just probably create a new account to bot again.

That being said... What do you guys think that is going on ?

On 21.11.2018 at 3:39 PM, mixa said:

Amazing "player" right there. This is a typical pay2win nob that will do anything to gain advantage over the others.

I guess well deserved ban on this one.

On a side note, NCW should start monitoring the Adena given players are receiving from charters connected to the Adena sellers and hit those too.

Not my problem that im rich and you are not. i would throw in 2000€ if i like to. not like ill miss 1/4th on my monthly payment ^^

im sorry but i dont think anyone get banned without a reason. noone here can tell what u have done. maybe bought some nice adena or used power lvl service or got a driver, i dont know. but in l2 i dont trust a forum warrior who needs some pity. i play this game now since i dont know 10 years at all and i never got any acc banned, not here, not on skelth not on teon, so im sorry but you have done anything so take it like a man and not like a kid who blame everyone else.

On 11/20/2018 at 12:35 PM, MartyDeadly said:

Hi there,

I just hope that the support team gives a honest answer at this post so that everyone can know if it is safe to invest time and money here or if we should just shut up and accept or leave.

Listen, time will pass anyways whether you play or not. Try to have fun whenever you play and if you get banned then it was not wasted.

As for money, no do not invest any money it is never worth it or safe.

6 hours ago, Userbaer said:

im sorry but i dont think anyone get banned without a reason. noone here can tell what u have done. maybe bought some nice adena or used power lvl service or got a driver, i dont know. but in l2 i dont trust a forum warrior who needs some pity. i play this game now since i dont know 10 years at all and i never got any acc banned, not here, not on skelth not on teon, so im sorry but you have done anything so take it like a man and not like a kid who blame everyone else.

I didn't get ban or smthing like that. And what I can tell you is that a friend of mine that didn't use bot, that didn't buy adena , didn't buy power lvl, he wasn't doing anything wrong.

Just playing the game like you and me are.. he got banned for no reason.

As I said in a previous post I wouldn't believe that ncsoft is banning random people until I saw lots of post in the forum about it and after a friend of mine that is a legit player/costumer got banned.

Trust me. Botters wont come to forum to complain about being banned, they will just create another account and bot again.

1 minute ago, Grievozs said:

Number of conspiracy posts is a lot :D

That can be true... But I can assure this friend of mine was not doing anything illegal.

This guys is an old player. He have donated for thousands of Ncoins. He is smart enough to keep his account safe.

@LenKz I went a little further then you ! SAMETHING happened to me 2 days ago

I will show you what i get from NC Support.

PS: I get my acc locked.

I replied saying that I had not used anything and that they did some more checks.

If you did not find any problems on my account, why stay banned?

I understand that you don't want to release detailed information about your way to detect people .. but the thing is .. there is nothing to detect on my computer i've never been using any third party programs or anything that you are telling me . I am just trying to understand .. because if like you say there is nothing to do .. I can deal with that .. even if its unfair and without reason .. but if I start over .. nothing tell me I won't get banned again without reason .. and that's without taking in consideration that I spent money and you stole it from me .. please .. help a honnest customer that did nothing wrong !

I'm still trying to talk with them but NO it is defenetly not safe to invest time and money here at all ! I'm about to quit if they can't fix this .. and alot of people I play with will follow ! that's disguting how ncwest let those things happen !

so basically u can get banned if u use macro for recharge on ur  dualbox ? :D
/useskill rechange
/delay 5
repeat that 10-12 times  until u use all the lines in the macro

eventually 2 actions at once will occur at some point if u play nuker for example when u alt-tab to click the macro .

lmao . this actually explains the 99 posts about innocent bans :D

for my part .. when this happened I was in spider nest .. been there for 6 days .. farming crystaline beast for Animal Bone ! the way my setup was ... is very simple :

1 cleric 31 + 1 spoiler 24 NOT in party

Spoiler is spoiling normaly w/o using any macro and my Cleric have this : /target spoilername
                                                                                                                     /useskill heal
                                                                                                                     /target spoilername (just so he will follow after heal)

That's it ! that macro is on F1 I play with only 1 monitor so what I do is : spoil spoil spoil alt+tab F1 alt+tab spoil spoil spoil

I took a mana break for the spoiler so I sit down I go outside to smoke come back and those 2 accounts were banned .. then I contacted the support and all this conversation happened !

Hope we end up figuring out what the F*** is happening with this :)

• Moderators

Greetings everybody,

We understand this is a confusing and frustrating topic and appreciate the effort of trying to pin point the individual reasons for each ban. Having said that, it is just that, a case to case process of reviewing the accounts by the Support staff. Please note that posting the correspondence with the staff members here in the forum is a violation of our Code of Conduct and we have cleaned up the thread accordingly.

Please take a moment to review the Code of Conduct and refrain from posting any more correspondence from this point forward.

Thank you!

On 22/11/2018 at 9:44 AM, Draecke said:

@Oeste on Naia it's 800bil for a stage 1 from what I've heard but that was a useless dual so meh

also those Dragon fragment events were totally lol cause all it did was add more fragments but nearly zero extra dragon claws which many fragment buyers failed to realize so if you see an increase in stage 1 weapons I think you're wrong and it's most likely just the same existing old ones being moved around as there's really not enough claws on either server to make more then maybe 1 new dragon weapon stage1

now with regards to p2w stuff you might want to pay attention to the fact Korean Classic is same l2store as Live servers and EU/RU Classic got brooch jewels released this Month so guess what direction you can expect things to move here ;)

well i was told there are at least 2 new stage 1 bows in naia now on Max's side, but dunno I only log in to sell my stuff so....

All these know-it-all's have no clue. I have 10 Classic accounts--I've used 7 on and off since launch, and only 3 that I've made recently have been locked for "suspicious activity". The first locked account didn't even move out of the noob area or even hit a gremlin before I came back to find it was locked. Yeahh, real extreme botting there smart guys!

The second I made sure to kill a few mobs before going AFK (only for about 5 mins), and it was locked as well when I came back. 

The third one (today), I made it to level 18 and was in the middle of finishing the last part of the starter quest when my client closed.

I've done absolutely nothing different than when I started playing the first night of release and I have multiple 40's that haven't been locked. So this has to be either a recent development with XIGNCODE, or something NCWest modified themselves in the last few weeks. It seems to be some sort of false flagging, yet only effects newer accounts? It makes no damn sense.

So yes, innocent players are getting randomly banned. Although 30% of my total accounts, and 100% in the last 2 weeks seems a bit high for "random".

Archived