MAKING SOME ADENA

fishman

So im now level 30 and still rocking my No Grade fists, with buying the NG shots and pots and farming in dion plains im not making enough to cover the cost of shots and pots, if it wernt for the moon armor quest then id still be in NG armor set.  

Now the mobs in dions plains are starting to turn blue so im not getting much adnea off each kill now,  so ive moved to ant nest, having to use twice as much in shots and still not much adena so WTH am i supposed to do to make the millions of adena needed to buy new weapons??    

it makes no sense, any advice appreciated because  its pathectic,frustraiting and soon im gonna be skint and totally screwed.

the clans ive been in , beg for adena themselves so as to get the next clan level,  also im not sure if the leader would appreciate a new member joining and asking for hand outs from day 1,  but i will look into joining a clan, cant be any worse off.

If im being forced to buy NC COIN  to buy shots its 60 coins for 1000 shots  , and £4 for 400 coins  , so with that i can get 6000 shots , which will last about 3 hours max,, in that 3 hours i will probally make 100k adenas max, for a D grade weapons its about 1.6 million adenas, so how much money do they want me to spend??   

Then by the time ive spent a fortune from my wages on NG SHOTS i then gotta buy D shots which are more exspensive, then somehow try to save 6 million+ adenas for C grade weapons, and thats without even thinking about armours a jewls..   lol   whats the point in this??

11 minutes ago, fishman said:

If im being forced to buy NC COIN  to buy shots its 60 coins for 1000 shots  , and £4 for 400 coins  , so with that i can get 6000 shots , which will last about 3 hours max,, in that 3 hours i will probally make 100k adenas max, for a D grade weapons its about 1.6 million adenas, so how much money do they want me to spend??   

Then by the time ive spent a fortune from my wages on NG SHOTS i then gotta buy D shots which are more exspensive, then somehow try to save 6 million+ adenas for C grade weapons, and thats without even thinking about armours a jewls..   lol   whats the point in this??

First of all nobody put a gun to ur head to buy NC coin. You chose this.

Second there are many lucrative ways to save adena. I will not discuss them here, but like i said find people and make a party, find a clan and make a party. Look what classes people want in their clan or parties and play that class. Look what people buy and sell.

Its a real problem to play this game solo especially as a new player.

And most end game content is not achievable solo, like Raids, Castles, etc.

Sounds rough, this is what I did from level 8-16;

Rinse and repeat the spore fungus quest in Elven Village for 1K a time, plus if lucky 1K-ish per low level armour drop to the vendor. Did that til I had about 80K on main and box, boring as hell but it's the best quest for adena really.

Moved to elven fortress for another couple levels got few shield drops from the skellies, another almost 2k per vendor.

Moved to fellmere hunting grounds at 18-ish, farmed ratman hunters, I clocked some guy buying leather helm patterns at 2K a hit in Gludio and looked up where they dropped, not great drop rate *obviously* but it gave me a little boost.

I've just moved to plains of Dion at level 20, using 7-day wood set and the novice 2 hander, I'm up on almost 300K in adena.

I don't use SS on regular swings - just on skills for overhitting, yes it sucks but you have to deal with it, I don't use HP pots because my box has a heal. If your not boxing a buffer I really would even if it's just to begin with - the sustain from basic heals is enough to not have to rest much at all even using shite gear, not having to buy pots or much ss is pretty invaluable tbh, it is slow and agonizing but there really isn't a way around it, by level 5 I had accepted this is going to be long and slow so I've just been getting on with it.

Since they "fixed" the spider quest I am not sure it's a true adena source anymore, the other quest u can do is the orc quest where u get 5-6k as reward, but u need to roll an orc specifically for that one and it's boring... Once you have the right char for that one, it takes you more or less the same time the spider quest used to take to complete.

when i started the plains of dion farm i had over 400k,and thought to myself, this is going goood, i may have a decent weapon in a week or so, now im down to 120k and thats just from having to buy the shots and pots, i may have to get a 2nd account healer then so i can heal myself whilst auto attacking the ants and not use any SS, because i cant really stay in the plains anymore as not every mob is giving me adena, 

13 minutes ago, Oeste said:

Since they "fixed" the spider quest I am not sure it's a true adena source anymore, the other quest u can do is the orc quest where u get 5-6k as reward, but u need to roll an orc specifically for that one and it's boring... Once you have the right char for that one, it takes you more or less the same time the spider quest used to take to complete.

9 minutes ago, fishman said:

when i started the plains of dion farm i had over 400k,and thought to myself, this is going goood, i may have a decent weapon in a week or so, now im down to 120k and thats just from having to buy the shots and pots, i may have to get a 2nd account healer then so i can heal myself whilst auto attacking the ants and not use any SS, because i cant really stay in the plains anymore as not every mob is giving me adena, 

The problem is u guys are heavily depending on QUESTS for adena and probably XP too. Most of those quest rewards are a side bonus, you're not supposed to earn adena from a quest to buy a full drop. Most of your income should come from trading and farming adena or XP with people rather than doing a quest solo.

i prefere to just go into a field and kill the same mobs many times over quests any day, but only if i feel im getting rewarded for it, how this feels is that exp sucks, adena collection shocking , drops  few and far between... so i just feel like im waisting my time putting in many hours for no great reward apart from frustrasion, and reading the same " we sell adena" advert inboxed to me time and time again..

its not fun.

11 minutes ago, fishman said:

i prefere to just go into a field and kill the same mobs many times over quests any day, but only if i feel im getting rewarded for it, how this feels is that exp sucks, adena collection shocking , drops  few and far between... so i just feel like im waisting my time putting in many hours for no great reward apart from frustrasion, and reading the same " we sell adena" advert inboxed to me time and time again..

its not fun.

All im going to say is its not as bad if you group with people and more fun too.

2 hours ago, fishman said:

So im now level 30 and still rocking my No Grade fists, with buying the NG shots and pots and farming in dion plains im not making enough to cover the cost of shots and pots, if it wernt for the moon armor quest then id still be in NG armor set.  

Now the mobs in dions plains are starting to turn blue so im not getting much adnea off each kill now,  so ive moved to ant nest, having to use twice as much in shots and still not much adena so WTH am i supposed to do to make the millions of adena needed to buy new weapons??    

it makes no sense, any advice appreciated because  its pathectic,frustraiting and soon im gonna be skint and totally screwed.

There is a reason you get 7 toons in every account.  Create a few spoilers.  Right now they are useless at higher levels, but you can make good money spoiling at the lower levels and buy yourself a D weapon reasonably quickly.  Besides, it will give you a break from killing the same mobs over and over.

1 hour ago, Murad said:

You forgot to mention that L2 classic EU SKLETH INNOVA already has people STACKED way passed level 70+ with Epic raidboss jewelry and overenchanted items in very organized CLOSED parties. Meaning if u want to access an endgame XP zone like Dragon valley Cave u will be pked unless u pay REAL money to them.

Its a different Time zone than North America so good luck finding a party or an active clan that plays your time. Sieges and olympiads will also happen in a different time zone than yours. that's a huge part of the end game content taken out for the sake of better drops rather than adjusting just like everyone else.

There is an item drop penalty for dying to mobs and having 0 pk. So if u are a new player u will get GRIEFED until u drop ALL your gear.

And last but not least you are forced to pay a subscription to login.

Also there's no lag in that server probably because its a dead server.

So enjoy your x1 rates.

I switched to Skelth last week and haven't encountered these problems yet.  I do agree the server is dead, at least at the lower levels, but Innova treats its players far better than NCWest.  So far, I like it there.  BTW, I haven't been griefed yet, but I'm only 43 and just joined a clan today.  I'd suggest it's certainly worth a try for folks who are unhappy here.  Yes, there is a subscription but it costs half what maintaining VIP4 does here.

12 minutes ago, Lawman said:

I switched to Skelth last week and haven't encountered these problems yet.  I do agree the server is dead, at least at the lower levels, but Innova treats its players far better than NCWest.  So far, I like it there.  BTW, I haven't been griefed yet, but I'm only 43 and just joined a clan today.  I'd suggest it's certainly worth a try for folks who are unhappy here.  Yes, there is a subscription but it costs half what maintaining VIP4 does here.

do the problems i listed don't exist because u haven't experienced them yet? yes or no

yes we know innova server is dead that's why they're making discounts on their subscription, but for how long?

is this subscription at innova optional and can i play without paying for a subscription? yes or no

can i login and play without vip4 or vip 1 for that matter at ncwest servers? yes or no

2 hours ago, fishman said:

I think the only solo class is the summoner. I like the summoner and I'm playing a wizard myself this way to remember the old days. In the old days was an expensive and hard to level class but is was so nice! Right now is easier than the past. I remembered the hell of buying crystal and the duration time, without taking in account the 30% of exp loss of the summon. Even using shot were pretty expensive but the lack of adena is making the things worse and some estates. I realized the problem of the adena scaling and the problem in part is because the exp scrolls and the newbie quest that force you to level up fast to the first class without getting enough adena in the process... I don't use any exp scrolls and beginning to get enough adena (lvl24 with 350k and wonder I could have more if I was not forced to lvl up fast with the newbie quest....) and stopped using BS or shot ( i only use it in some critical moments...) at all and as a summoner is easy to do that.

1 hour ago, Murad said:

do the problems i listed don't exist because u haven't experienced them yet? yes or no

yes we know innova server is dead that's why they're making discounts on their subscription, but for how long?

is this subscription at innova optional and can i play without paying for a subscription? yes or no

can i login and play without vip4 or vip 1 for that matter at ncwest servers? yes or no

Interesting questions.

1.  I don't know if the problems still exist.  I do know there has been a complete turnover in the clans at the top since I last visited there, which may (or, to be honest, may not) have changed the paying with real money issue.  I need to learn more about the politics of the server before I can comment, except to tell you my own experience.

2.  Probably for as long as they need to.  It appears from how dead the low level areas are that they are not having a lot of success in attracting new customers.  That's a shame, because they try so much harder to please their players than NCWest does, but I guess NCWest has really hurt their business.  The specific subscription discount is scheduled to end on Dec. 12,  The exp bonus ends tomorrow.  The new packs for new characters, with the 30-day C expertise runes and equipment, appears to be permanent.  My guess is their "shop" is a last ditch effort to make enough money off the server to keep from having to shut it down. What they've put in to start with is mostly either cosmetic or help for new players, but the addition of a store is never a good sign.

3. No, you can't play without a subscription, but the subscription is half what you'd have to pay to keep VIP4 here.  

4. Yes, but you'd have to be the best player on the server to compete at that level.  As we knew from the day it was announced, F2P = P2W.  If you are okay with that, NCwest is for you.  If you'd rather everyone paid a small fee to play and was on a much more equal footing, then Skelth is the better choice.  

Your questions are interesting.  Let me ask you some:

1. No matter whether you think it's good or bad, does NCwest classic have lower adena/spoil/drop rates than Skelth?  Yes or no.

2. Is NCWest far more infested with bots and RMTs than Skelth?  Yes or no.

3. Will most people who play NCWest Classic for free (and do so honestly, no cheating!) be able to compete with the whales who spend tons of cash? Yes or no.

4. Does NCWest's L2Store already have more P2W items than Skelth's shop?  Yes or no. 

There is no right or wrong server for everyone.  But, at least until NCWest really addresses its problems, Skelth is a real, and, I think, a better, alternative for most players.

Thanks for answering.

I'm not the lucky guy to get Top D weapon in last Halloween event.

i know this game is hard without a good weapon, so i maintain my lv at 20-25 keep repeat spider quest in elven village,

and create a Orc and repeat Kasha Bear quest. i play 4 hour a day, after 3 week, i get 1.5kk to purchase my 1st 2nd D weapon.

i don't use any pot, sor, soulshot, just use /unstuck or /escape to return town.

this game is not rush for level, is enjoy every level, and feel yourself in world of Lineage2.

The world of Lineage is WAY TOO BIG, there are actual MANY and MANY and MANY areas that you can grind, you just need to explore and find somewhere that suits your needs, it's your own fault if you root in one place and don't explore elsewhere, you should have bought a D grade weapon by now, players are selling cheap, you start using D shots which are way better cost effective, actually the same price as no grade, you can buy crystals, craft from dwarves, or even make your own dwarf, the options are endless. Up until top D grade it doesn't take much effort. Ant Nest is place for groups or solo with a top tier weapons, they give a good xp and adena but the struggle you'll have is not worth it. You could try to farm in execution grounds on the upper levels, orc barracks, partisan, and so on, these areas don't require a much strong equipment, but again, work on that D grade weapon asap, it can be the lowest tier or mid tier, then you aim for the top, you'll not the value of the weapon as you can sell back to another player or break into crystals with a dwarf, it'll allow you to farm way faster and way more effectively as well.

Archived