Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Hime

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, November said:

I am not a mathematician xD, though it was just a way to start the conversation to creating a viable formula. Also, the game cannot always be rewarding, there will have to be some aspects that are punishing. I mean you can scale the formula up by 50% on the cost if you'd like, though the game to me has always really felt drop dependent. Most players are unable to make a major gear change without gear effort or a full drop occurring (Excluding those that play the market (part of the game) or the RMTERS (needs to be addressed)). Though allowing for the players to progress with a small though profitable gain while hunting should be something that's mechanically built into the game, that's standard. Don't get me started on the multiboxes etc.

Well there is the aden daily dungeon that sort of compensates for loosing money on shots. My clanmates who are 50+ say that if u grind smart on higher lvls u loose nothing even when buying pet ss. So i think if adena drop sustains shots it might be too good. As a dwarf i would be happy if ppl would buy more shots, but at the same time soon it would become the most basic method to buy items from shop and then cry them. That would destroy the entire dwarf gameplay and every dwarf on server would be a box

26 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

I'm sure you have seen the huge decline in your player base already due to rates. I don't remember the last time there was even a queue on TI. I cannot believe how long it is taking you guys to fix something so simple. The game is literally unplayable for some classes and It is impossible for some players to progress at all. It's been like this for 2 months now. The excuse of "free to play" vs "subscription" is not valid in this case. It's not like you can buy a rune to magically make your adena drops scale to a rate where you can actually make money hunting mobs. And the price you have soulshots at from the shop is outrageous to begin with. I shouldnt have to pay over 5$ every hour or so just to go out and level. I shouldn't have to level numerous characters to 40 just to support my 5X Archer. Huge waste of time, and money. The longer you wait the more people are going to quit which means less $$$$ for you. The business model of these lineage 2 servers that you have designed is making farmers $$$$, while you progressively lose $$$$ revenue. 

Here's what you need to do

1) Increase the damn adena rates in the solo areas which are completely screwed up. I should NOT for ANY reason no matter where I am hunting get more adena from a level 20-30 mob than i would from a level 50 mob. Its insane, and makes absolutely no sense.

2) Make your soulshots affordable, and add c shots to your shop. Lets do the math. At the current rate, what is it? 80 coins for 1000 D soulshots? So what is that. 5 bucks for 5,000 soulshots? Do yo know how long 5k soulshots last in this game?? Not very long depending on your class, maybe a few hours at the most? So lets say I'm ready to grind it out for 8 hours. I would have to pay $20 every time I want to do that? Like seriously guys wake up.

The longer this server is open, the more of these garbage posts I see delaying rate fixes. I'm getting a continuous vibe of "money grab". Give us a good reason to play here over illegal servers. Just ONE good reason please. Or i will take my money and time elsewhere like the rest of the community already has. Which the more time goes on, it seams like that's what you want people to do with your blatant disregard of these issues ingame. You already got 3 VIP 4 accounts out of me. So i'm sure you can care less about what I have to say at this point. You got your moneys worth from me. Sad thing is I would have benefited more from giving adena farmers my money, but I like to earn my keep ingame. However you are making that impossible for 90% of the players out there. 

So lets do the math here real fast. VIP 4 = $50 right? I sustained that for the month, and am still VIP 4 for all my accounts. Cool so that's another 15-20 bucks each for 3 accounts. (at least because i am over 4000 vip points)

So lets just round out the numbers and say I have given you $200 even though its been a little more because of being forced to buy your outrageously overpriced soulshots for NCoin. Adena sellers in town say 1kk =20$. We can call this public information since literally every player who has ever logged in has gotten these adena seller spams clouding up their chat in town.

Okay, so if I spent $ on adena - which I have never done in my long history of playing this game. I could get 10kk from these illegal adena farmers in minutes for my $200 that I paid you. Thats enough to gear a 40+ character fairly well. It also would save me hours and hours and hours of gametime that I have had to put in on many 1-40 characters to farm adena JUST to support my Archer. So my question to you is, why the hell should I give you my money anymore? It doesn't benefit me to get increased XP/SP increased since I am forced to stay in a low level range because rates are so completely bleeped

And lets talk about that too for a second. How hard is it to ban people spamming in town? I mean seriously. Make a character and stand in town for 20 seconds every day, and start banning adena sellers who are SPAMMING general chat and private messages. Clear them out once a day. Start banning IP's of these adena sellers and spammers. You are literally actively doing nothing but banning actual players for little-to-no reason and creating excuses for why the adena rates you have set are the way they are. When there are 24/7 bots out there all in the form of solo mages running around the entire map farming adena for your playerbase to buy because you created a server with unsustainable rates.

You lost a huge player base last week when you did not increase these broken rates. You are going to lose even more this week for not having fixed them again. I will join the rest of these people if rates are not fixed next week. Because as I have stated above, there is literally NO good reason for me to play this game or to level my character that cannot even sustain itsself. 

@Hime

LOL.... Hazzard crying..... Ah! Long time no see.... give up while it's time ..... It's been four years since I stopped playing and only showed up to remember old time .... Being powerful will only be for the clan leader and for those who know kung fuu ....  I'm playing another game that does not have lineage2 inflation ... where I pay my monthly fee and am happy playing little.

• L2 Team

Maintenance for the Classic Servers has been extended by 1 hour and 30 minutes. We ran into a technical issue this morning on Classic and are working to resolve it immediately. We will let you know once we open the Classic servers as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience!

The issues have been stated for over a month now. Pushing them aside to add new stuff to NCoin store shows a lack of respect and clarity for your player base. We all want to play this game but at current you are bastardizing the client so much that its not functional. Trying to splice several patches together and not realizing they dont work with one another. Nerfing rates so people will spend absorbent amounts of money in the cash shop, selling vip to balance rates even though they still dont balance the rates because you dont have the full vip system in the rates were built around. Its just and endless crap shoot. GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER, GET IT FIXED, or 50-75% of your population will leave and you guys can make money from the bot trains spending 0 cash in your game. You keep saying we are going in a different direction and the only direction i can see is you wanted a quick cash grab and to bail out of this server as quick as possible. 

@Hime @Juji (not sure why i tag juji - he never responds now)

2 minutes ago, Juji said:

Maintenance for the Classic Servers has been extended by 1 hour and 30 minutes. We ran into a technical issue this morning on Classic and are working to resolve it immediately. We will let you know once we open the Classic servers as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Yes, a technical problem called Adena Scaling

16 hours ago, Kharaa said:

What are waiting for? Do they continue discussing after more than a month?

If a monster level 28 drops the same or MORE adena than a monster level 45, here it's a CLEARLY PROBLEM. Nothing to discuss. NOTHING.

People is tired of waiting, too many just leave because the DEV TEAM don't do anything. It's A OFFICIAL SERVER, WHY TAKE MUCH TIME TO FIX SOMETHING VERY SIMPLE?

I don't understand, really. I came here for a serious servitor.

agree 100%

I wonder if they can't make any changes without approval from Korea? :thinking_face:

1 hour ago, Hazzard said:

So lets do the math here real fast. VIP 4 = $50 right? I sustained that for the month, and am still VIP 4 for all my accounts. Cool so that's another 15-20 bucks each for 3 accounts. (at least because i am over 4000 vip points)

So lets just round out the numbers and say I have given you $200 even though its been a little more because of being forced to buy your outrageously overpriced soulshots for NCoin. Adena sellers in town say 1kk =20$. We can call this public information since literally every player who has ever logged in has gotten these adena seller spams clouding up their chat in town.

Okay, so if I spent $ on adena - which I have never done in my long history of playing this game. I could get 10kk from these illegal adena farmers in minutes for my $200 that I paid you. Thats enough to gear a 40+ character fairly well. It also would save me hours and hours and hours of gametime that I have had to put in on many 1-40 characters to farm adena JUST to support my Archer. So my question to you is, why the hell should I give you my money anymore? It doesn't benefit me to get increased XP/SP increased since I am forced to stay in a low level range because rates are so completely bleeped

Yep, I was thinking about that myself the other, I could have bought a couple million adena from RMT(not that I would), problem solved.

I would have got a much bigger bang for my buck(better value) doing that than messing with VIP status.

5 minutes ago, Lolo said:

agree 100%

I wonder if they can't make any changes without approval from Korea? :thinking_face:

I have a feeling whoever is running things in NCwest never sacks up and lets Korea know what needs to be done.They probably take their lashings and says yes sir may i have another. 

I'm thinking that last 50 bucks I spent to get vip 4... is the last you are going to see for a while, you want to put things in market for Black Friday, I understand that and approve, of course, it's the biggest shopping day of the year! We love to waste our money on bling to show off a little, and enjoy ourselves in game, but you have to do something... many players are thinking it is pointless to keep playing here because you can go to a pri vate (not sure why your chat filter is so touchy) server and spend money on that bling and has their system working great, so why is this so hard?.. I use to run a server, I know how easy it is to adjust rates and I'm also a program developer with my Masters working for a the company that makes the famous "red solo cup" developing programs for robots to automatically do everything in the factory without a single hand of a human... so I ask, why is it so hard to fix? Math cannot be the problem, developing a issue? That's a easy fix...  I can buy you a table where you all can get together and think about this better if you need.... your table doesn't seem to be big enough to have a real discussion on it seems...

The problem is imho they want to feed people in lower levels to keep on playing. Therefore items through quests, XP through quests, high drops of Adena. After level 50 drops are as they should be. And theres the problem. Thats why a lvl 28 mobs drops much more than a lvl 50. 

So in other words: The developed a system that was doomed to bring up a lot of discussion and anger and didnt even realize it = the guys responsible didnt do a good job.
Now the softcore players think its not enough money in higher levels and the hardcore players are frustrated because leveling to 40 and getting top D items was much too easy.
Grats you managed to frustrate both fractions equally with your system ^^.

Archived