Dagger skills

lacranito

Just now, lacranito said:

hello today reviewing the dagger I notice that the mortal blow has a very low chance is not correct you need to review this since the rogue is practically not working as it should be

I've a TH and it's not the skills' fault, the problem is in that the classic is using the new base stats, hence low DEX and that results in lower skills landrate.

The classic is known for being non-friendly to daggers.

1 hour ago, lacranito said:

hello today reviewing the dagger I notice that the mortal blow has a very low chance is not correct you need to review this since the rogue is practically not working as it should be

Hey , it's works fine , since land rate on blow skills depend on DEX , if u are PW/AW u should be fine almost ~50-60% land rate on blows., Personaly im TH my skill land rate is bad , like 4/10 . but is taht dagger works in classic without 78 u are just BAD really bad. after 78 u go better. but till that u copletely usless.

2 minutes ago, LynR31gn said:

It's doest help u when u get 15k dmg from PR fatal counter

Well, IIRC fatal counter has an animation, some brown stuff around the caster, so you can also look at your opponent and stop hitting when you see the animation :o

Or cast hide, or even just cast dash and run away since PR are slow af. => later one only works if he already used shadow step :P

Are we sure it's the DEX that affect blow land rate here ?

I've been reading quite a bit and on some servers it the STR and others it's the DEX, seems like on Skelth it's none of the two you might as well go full +CON...

Did anyone really try this out ?

Like by going +STR -DEX or +DEX -STR and landing a few tests blows :P

13 minutes ago, Grimblee said:

Are we sure it's the DEX that affect blow land rate here ?

I've been reading quite a bit and on some servers it the STR and others it's the DEX, seems like on Skelth it's none of the two you might as well go full +CON...

Did anyone really try this out ?

Like by going +STR -DEX or +DEX -STR and landing a few tests blows :P

Its kinda like that : https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/566669/

13 minutes ago, LynR31gn said:

Mmmh okey, well taking this into account I think you could actually go +DEX +CON -STR in pvp as the damages scaling from STR seems really low...

Also this, while in russian (thanks google trad & deduction) also says that DEX affect land rate but also that STR affect half kills, though you'd have to wait for your blows to be lvl 34+ to get the base 15% chances that would make it worth investing in STR I guess.

=> But it seems classic don't have half-kills never mind that last part >_>

23 minutes ago, IKY said:

you all wrong

in past (13 years ago) it was same sh1t = never land

there was daggers with Might Mortal sa, that give you boost in land rate, right now its just not exist i think (https://forum.pmfun.com/viewtopic.php?t=259), so QQ,reroll, or just wait lvl 105+ and QQ :)

link above (russian) experiment about blow crit rate (2x dmg), not land rate

They do say in the conclusion that DEX influence land rate, or in the comments idk but I saw it xD

For Might Mortal, I don't see it here at least :S

Well I'm not 40 yet and still wavering between TH and HE, that's why I'm asking :P

19 hours ago, Grimblee said:

For Might Mortal, I don't see it here at least :S

Might Mortal is not an augmentation.

Might Mortal is the old-style SA (where you trade your item, e.g. "Hell's Knife" to another, different item "Hells Knife Might Mortal"). The old SA system was removed and changed so that SAs are now part of the item, both in LIVE and in CLASSIC. That also means that all the old-style SAs are no longer attainable (in LIVE, never were attainable in CLASSIC).

For classic, there are several standard SAs (Sigel, Tyrr, Othel, Wynn, Iss, Feoh, Aeore) and some special SAs, (e.g. Anakim/Lilith), but they are different from old SAs. So yes, there is no way to boost blow land rate.. yet!

5 minutes ago, Devoid said:

Might Mortal is not an augmentation.

Might Mortal is the old-style SA (where you trade your item, e.g. "Hell's Knife" to another, different item "Hells Knife Might Mortal"). The old SA system was removed and changed so that SAs are now part of the item, both in LIVE and in CLASSIC. That also means that all the old-style SAs are no longer attainable (in LIVE, never were attainable in CLASSIC).

For classic, there are several standard SAs (Sigel, Tyrr, Othel, Wynn, Iss, Feoh, Aeore) and some special SAs, (e.g. Anakim/Lilith), but they are different from old SAs. So yes, there is no way to boost blow land rate.. yet!

Mmmh, not so true, just had a look over this and if you look in Effect of Rune > Super rune, the Othell's Rune has "Increases success rate of attacks targeting the enemy's vital parts" !

Ain't that an increase to blow land rate ? :o

4 minutes ago, Grimblee said:

Mmmh, not so true, just had a look over this and if you look in Effect of Rune > Super rune, the Othell's Rune has "Increases success rate of attacks targeting the enemy's vital parts" !

Ain't that an increase to blow land rate ? :o

From what I see, the rune SA effects are bleeped up. Clearly, currently it is made so that you can have Stage 1-20 non-super runes and Stage 8-13 super runes, which is confusing as hell. I would hazard a guess that for the non-super version you can only choose between Focus and Critical Damage (not Focus 1-20, CD 1-20, Focus 1-7 and 14-20 and Mortal Strike 1-7 and 14-20) and for the super version you can choose between Super Focus 8-13 and Super Mortal Strike 8-13.

So in this light, yes, you can choose between critical rate and blow land rate if you can afford a level 8+ rune and the conversion process for super.

34 minutes ago, Devoid said:

From what I see, the rune SA effects are bleeped up. Clearly, currently it is made so that you can have Stage 1-20 non-super runes and Stage 8-13 super runes, which is confusing as hell. I would hazard a guess that for the non-super version you can only choose between Focus and Critical Damage (not Focus 1-20, CD 1-20, Focus 1-7 and 14-20 and Mortal Strike 1-7 and 14-20) and for the super version you can choose between Super Focus 8-13 and Super Mortal Strike 8-13.

So in this light, yes, you can choose between critical rate and blow land rate if you can afford a level 8+ rune and the conversion process for super.

Yeah I think you're right, you'd have to stop at lvl 13 and convert it to a super rune to get 37% blow land rate :P

So I need to farm RBs and Oly huh

Archived