How to succeed in L2 (Good Player vs Bad Player)

Gillahouse

So most people are broke and crying on the forums about it.  Meanwhile a few of us are living lavish L2 experiences and enjoying amenities such as regular SOES and using blessed shots for buffs on our clerics.  So whats the secret?  Experience and direction of course.  The types of players that I notice are succesful (making level and adena without complaint and not sharing in the stress that many others are currently under)

Satisfied Players

1.  Players with a lot of time (NoLifer) If you are a no lifer and cant make it beyond the advancements of a normal player then end game now (feel free to forward me your gear as payment for this great advice)

2. Players with a trusting CP if you have a CP that works together you should be doing great, killing mobs in the better areas in abundance (assuming you realized to slow down on the xp scrolls and shop bonuses)

3. Players with boxes if you are running boxes you should be doing great, even with just 3 total toons.  If you are not you may want to check your setup as you may be way off target for what is effective now.  (Remember xp will go fast on a F2P server if you have the $$$, so is better to have the setup for now vs the setup for 3 updates from now.)

Unsatisfied Players

1. Has time but has no plan, is not willing to box, not willing to get into CP, parties rando's and gets 1/9 of every drop and 1/9 of adena earned, thinks that high level is satisfying in L2 Classic currently.  Has spent money on L2 Shop and now cannot function without it.

2. Has a CP but it doesnt work together, but because the level is good he stays.  9 Players all about to get whatever weapon or gear to help party.  A bunch of halfs, but no fulls... only fools.  Combined adena of everyone in party is 3 Mil but no one in party has a weapon worth more than 500K.

3. Solo player that just joins rando's and made a toon assuming that the game will always be like the first month of release.  The rando parties are slowing up a bit, he cant solo too well, a guy with a buffer always takes his spot because he kills too slow.

4.  The guy that built his set up/trio to be effective 2 updates from now.  Hope you make it that long.  Its tough carrying 3 toons when really only one maybe 2 are doing anything.

Yes, people complain about drop rate, but I have 10x - 20x of every mat from Cruma level 3 in my warehouse.  This server is not for the player that makes just 1 toon and hope they get rich.  This servor is for planned out CPs and people running smaller box setups that now how to be effective.

34 minutes ago, Khania said:

i play from 2 hours to 3 hours each day, and in a month i has done 30kk money, and full equiped top d my mains, and had to sell 10+ atuba hammers

Love the sarcasm lol... the 10+ atuba hammers gave it away though. 

1 hour ago, Gillahouse said:

So most people are broke and crying on the forums about it.  Meanwhile a few of us are living lavish L2 experiences and enjoying amenities such as regular SOES and using blessed shots for buffs on our clerics.  So whats the secret?  Experience and direction of course.  The types of players that I notice are succesful (making level and adena without complaint and not sharing in the stress that many others are currently under)

Satisfied Players

1.  Players with a lot of time (NoLifer) If you are a no lifer and cant make it beyond the advancements of a normal player then end game now (feel free to forward me your gear as payment for this great advice)

2. Players with a trusting CP if you have a CP that works together you should be doing great, killing mobs in the better areas in abundance (assuming you realized to slow down on the xp scrolls and shop bonuses)

3. Players with boxes if you are running boxes you should be doing great, even with just 3 total toons.  If you are not you may want to check your setup as you may be way off target for what is effective now.  (Remember xp will go fast on a F2P server if you have the $$$, so is better to have the setup for now vs the setup for 3 updates from now.)

Unsatisfied Players

1. Has time but has no plan, is not willing to box, not willing to get into CP, parties rando's and gets 1/9 of every drop and 1/9 of adena earned, thinks that high level is satisfying in L2 Classic currently.  Has spent money on L2 Shop and now cannot function without it.

2. Has a CP but it doesnt work together, but because the level is good he stays.  9 Players all about to get whatever weapon or gear to help party.  A bunch of halfs, but no fulls... only fools.  Combined adena of everyone in party is 3 Mil but no one in party has a weapon worth more than 500K.

3. Solo player that just joins rando's and made a toon assuming that the game will always be like the first month of release.  The rando parties are slowing up a bit, he cant solo too well, a guy with a buffer always takes his spot because he kills too slow.

4.  The guy that built his set up/trio to be effective 2 updates from now.  Hope you make it that long.  Its tough carrying 3 toons when really only one maybe 2 are doing anything.

Yeah right,

however as times goes people will reach a lvl where a wonderful "rates&scaling" comes up and  the only "satisfied player" option which remains valid is having a trusting CP

If I do agree that it's an effective option i also find that :

1/ it favors mage parties way too much

2/ it creates a form of "instanced" gameplay that i personaly don't like and which is far from the "old l2" that i liked

Of course u can still reroll and "play" the market to play your main but I don't know of it will keep player "satisfied" ¬¬

I have a casual clan and join random parties and solo 50% of the time and enjoy the game. I don't rush though, I enjoy the game and have about 5 characters I play actively to mix it up a bit. My main Hawkeye is only level 42(Aden) and I stopped using exp scrolls a week ago, but I still collect them for later. I out level my PP by 9 levels, so currently trying to catch it up. I have a few alts to party it with, maybe when I get my PP to 40, I'll resume hardcore grinding on my Archer+PP. Until then, I'm actually enjoying making many different classes and joining random parties.

29 minutes ago, Djos said:

Yeah right,

however as times goes people will reach a lvl where a wonderful "rates&scaling" comes up and  the only "satisfied player" option which remains valid is having a trusting CP

If I do agree that it's an effective option i also find that :

1/ it favors mage parties way too much

2/ it creates a form of "instanced" gameplay that i personally don't like and which is far from the "old l2" that i liked

Of course u can still reroll and "play" the market to play your main but I don't know of it will keep player "satisfied" ¬¬

Seems that is only an issue for people who are wanting to only focus on XP (usually on one toon) and want the bi-product to be getting rich.  If you focus on just XP you will only get the levels, nothing more (in many cases).  The rates and scaling are by design, they are not wanting activity in high level areas to be the main influence on the community.  In time the areas that are affected by rates and scaling will be adjusted, it is only a problem if you made serious advancement to only your xp and are way past the rest of the pack, but in this game adena is more important than levels, so you should not exclusively focus on gaining xp as fast as possible right now (some exceptions).

13 minutes ago, Gillahouse said:

Seems that is only an issue for people who are wanting to only focus on XP (usually on one toon) and want the bi-product to be getting rich.  If you focus on just XP you will only get the levels, nothing more (in many cases).  The rates and scaling are by design, they are not wanting activity in high level areas to be the main influence on the community.  In time the areas that are affected by rates and scaling will be adjusted, it is only a problem if you made serious advancement to only your xp and are way past the rest of the pack, but in this game adena is more important than levels, so you should not exclusively focus on gaining xp as fast as possible right now (some exceptions).

Actually it Will also affect those who are willing to xp while not getting broke ?

For the part : "The rates and scaling are by design, they are not wanting activity in high level areas to be the main influence on the community. "

1/ Well i dont think there is anything here by design ^^

2/ it's waaayyyy too late for that. Many cp already reached 50+ (60+ in some cases). Plus if they truly didn't wanted High lvl areas To be crowded they would have punished all forms of account sharing week ago...

3/ adena over level ? Well no, not in classic 

15 minutes ago, Skyes said:

When a game forces you to create 3 toons to progress and open 3 clients, then it's going the wrong way IMO

This game is best played with friends. Look for a clan and join parties. Many people who came playing on classic came with friends because they know how lineage 2 is meant to be played. 

2 minutes ago, DisplayName said:

This game is best played with friends. Look for a clan and join parties. Many people who came playing on classic came with friends because they know how lineage 2 is meant to be played. 

I don't have friends that play L2 :(

And I tried joining parties in the game multiple times and it was a horrendous experience. Half the party was going AFK all the time, another half were boxed buffers we had to carry around wich did nothing but leech exp  

11 minutes ago, Skyes said:

I don't have friends that play L2 :(

And I tried joining parties in the game multiple times and it was a horrendous experience. Half the party was going AFK all the time, another half were boxed buffers we had to carry around wich did nothing but leech exp  

Joining random parties is indeed a horrendous experience, look for a clan, that's how most people made friends in L2. Or add friend people you enjoy playing with in random parties and you can start from there.

1 hour ago, DisplayName said:

Joining random parties is indeed a horrendous experience, look for a clan, that's how most people made friends in L2. Or add friend people you enjoy playing with in random parties and you can start from there.

I tried to join some clans, but they were only recruiting 30 or 35+ level players. Some only with VIP 4 (not my case) that can play constantly, and usually specific classes like SWS, BDs, WCs, Bishops, etc. 
I'll keep looking for a casual clan and see if I can find any. Thanks for the tips, but I'm probably dropping the game in a few :P 

Archived