Server Maintenance: Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Conguero

• L2 Team

All game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 5am PST / 7am CST / 8am EST / 1300 GMT and ending at approximately 7am PST / 9am CST / 10am EST / 1500 GMT. Estimated downtime is 2 hours.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during tomorrow's maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @L2andAionOps for maintenance and server status updates.

6 hours ago, BurnCycle said:

NCSoft take on the rage about the newest p2w event on forums: Hmmm, how can we fix this rage going on on the forum?.... I know, we will just archive the thread where all the posts are! Issue solved! :)

The thread all of the complaints were posted in was the weekly maintenance thread. Part of the weekly routine is that those threads get archived and a new one is posted. 

The complaints weren't archived in order to hide them, they were archived as part of normal routine as they are unimportant and no reason to make an exception for. I'm sure if the posts were in their own thread without and forum violating titles or comments, then the thread would remain open, where it could be ignored for longer until people just gave up.

Cloak:

AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I already spent 23 BILLIONS (enchants and legendary scroll) in adena and +:

1 enchant cloak..... and go down to +5 !!!! 
+ 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +4 !!!!! 
+ 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +3 !!!!! 
+ 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +2 !!!!! +2 AGAIN !!!!!!!! 
+ 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +3 
+ 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +4 
+ 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +5 
+ 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +1 
+ 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +2 
28/01/2018: + 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +2 
14/02/2018: + 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +1 
14/02/2018: + 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +0 
15/02/2018: +1 Legendary scroll = normal +0 
20/02/2018: +1 Legendary scroll = normal +0 

26B + 7x 800kk (5.6b) = 31,6 BILLIONS !!!!!!! 
impossible !!!!!!

New Circlet:

$50,00 and normal circlet +2

It is not the problem that the topic was archived. As already mentioned that is what they are doing every week.

Problem is that I think I did not read any official answer to what people are complaining for except the bans and locking topics.

Like players are non existent or at least the ones that did not paid like money for 2 mansions and 5 cars.

2 hours ago, Massacre said:

Cloak:

AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I already spent 23 BILLIONS (enchants and legendary scroll) in adena and +:

1 enchant cloak..... and go down to +5 !!!! 
+ 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +4 !!!!! 
+ 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +3 !!!!! 
+ 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +5 
+ 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +1 
+ 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +2 
28/01/2018: + 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +2 
14/02/2018: + 1 enchant cloak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ===== +1 

26B + 7x 800kk (5.6b) = 31,6 BILLIONS !!!!!!! 
impossible !!!!!!

New Circlet:

$50,00 and normal circlet +2

Feb 19, 18:48 PST

good morning,
after failing around 50 blessed enchants , besides spending ncoins and around 10 bil adena, i.m stuck now with 2 circlets 1 its zero the other 1 only +2. i mean seriously how much bad luck this is? why dont u simply call them enchants/ i have 65 luck with nano /69 with luck potion and set+10 ..common give me a brake :S

The answer was as expected :S

GM Saika (Lineage 2)

Feb 20, 19:29 PST

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in response due to high volume of tickets we are currently handling.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a difficult time trying to enhance your circlet. Successfully enchanting an item is intended by chance only, as it can greatly benefit your character. Rest assured that we have checked your character and we have verified that your character is not bugged or has errors and everything is working as intended. Your understanding is appreciated.

I have forwarded your feedback regarding the Circlets of Power event to the development team so that they can take note of it. If you have any other suggestion or feedback, please visit our official forums at https://forums.lineage2.com/.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please do contact us again.

Best regards,

GM Saika
NCSOFT Support Team

i just want to respond to the "retired" player J0nSnow, who is still a brave forum warrior, and call all the ppl who discuss here "dimwits".

yes mate, we love this game, and most of us, maybe trying to play another games and came back here for a while....or some of us, invest in lineage our precious time, instead other real life things, and also, together with time we invest also real money, for improve our gear, for playing with friends, and enemies, so also we invest a lot of personal feelings, love, hatred, jokes, fun, angry, a lot of laughing/screaming sessions on teamspeak with clan and so on.

so we deserve more from gm's and company who create/maintaining this game. cose its more than a game, its also a community, and this community have his own personal Spirit, like for example the Spirit of Great Bear for ancient native americans. 

its like u said, fock Elvis, Fock Woodstock, we dont care about human music heritage, this deserve to die if business model failed and our idols died.

no mate, everything you do in life, echoes in eternity ( Gladiator quotes ), so no matter what u do, but matter how you do any simple thing.

and if we read and comment here, is becouse we care, so ur sarcasm and cinical attitude not worth it, or is simple a sign you are frustrated also about this game.

anyway, if we choose to stay here and claim our rights, its becouse we want to fight for our Great Bear Spirit ;) 

I hate the p2w just play here for some good friends but game survive thanks to l2store...that's logic and in Japan/Korean servers there is the same shiit, if you dont like it just play some private server or other game, problem is the adiction of some players and all the money who they spend ingame and ncwest know it and want all our money!!! xD free to play = pay/rmt to win or die in 1-shot

ForcefulIncredibleFlyingfox-max-1mb.gif

So the game is now "truly free."  It used to cost 15$ USD per month to play.  Now there is a subscription program, the Prestige Pack for 15$ USD per month.  There may not be as many subscriptions now as there were accounts back in the days of pay-to-play but NC is still making a fair amount of money on these recurring subscriptions. 

Then there is the L2store where people can buy, for ridiculous prices, items to enhance their characters in some form or another.  Everyone knows running a business costs money and when revenue drops the margin between overhead and profit is threatened.  However, is it not a bit excessive to sell items in L2Store for 14,400 NCoin which roughly translates to, what, about 170$ USD?  Not everyone has that kind of money to spend all at one time and so their advantage is lessened.  Some people can spend that kind of money all at the same time and, well, bless their hearts.

All these discussions about whether NCSoft makes "enough" money or not accomplish nothing.  Lineage II is really not about the money, it is about love of a game that has now been around 15+ years.  Why do so many people play L2, leave L2 and come back to L2?  The general quality of the game and its community would be my answer to that.

What is truly broken about L2 is the lack of communication between its owner and support teams and its players.  Forums would be a perfect opportunity for NCSoft staff to answer our questions and address our concerns.  But they don't do it.  Despite all the forum posts asking, begging, demanding even that answers are given and concerns are addressed.  L2 isn't broken; L2's support is broken.

Will there be monthly updates again any time soon to tell us in advance what events will be so we know what to anticipate?  How about a list somewhere of the quests that have been changed so players can have notice when rewards will be different than originally shown and anticipated?  How about a quest that was working as expected and with the most recent update is suddenly broken (Exalted 30 world shouts: Eric Rodemai)?   Of these and other things players were not given any notification that there would be changes.

Players are submitting tickets to support to get answers to these and other questions.  The responses are canned and impersonal almost always saying "the quest/character/item is working as intended."  Is this really good enough?

The communication stream from players to NCSoft is strong, loud and clear.  There is no communication in return from NCSoft to players.  Will this change in future?

i hope so.

Regards... and thanks for the server maintenance update, Conguero.

Archived