What server is right for me?

Kleenex

I'm an old player who started the game 1 week after chronicle 3 dropped and competitively stopped playing at the end of 2008. Came back for a few months here and there but it was nothing like Classic after the game went free. Well after the element stone's became a thing, it was never the same for me. 

But any way

I need to find a good English based server. I'm on Gludio right now but see a lot of Spanish and it worries me about the populations language preference is. I'm a stay at home father who lives in the PST zone. I prefer playing night's and that's why I chose GMT -4. 

But re thinking this I really just want to find some great people who play my times, speak English, love PvP, Raid Bosses and just competitive like me.

Any suggestions on where I should be?

You'll have a hard time in any server.

• Giran is full of people from GR/PL/RU (yeah, despite the fact russian speakers should be banned*); other foreigners are much less invasive
  • TI is similar to Gludio
  • Not sure about Aden

* this is not LIVE, where they may have started playing before an entire geographic region was banned from here

40 minutes ago, Devoid said:

You'll have a hard time in any server.

• Giran is full of people from GR/PL/RU (yeah, despite the fact russian speakers should be banned*); other foreigners are much less invasive
  • TI is similar to Gludio
  • Not sure about Aden

* this is not LIVE, where they may have started playing before an entire geographic region was banned from here

Thanks for the reply and find that unfortunate.

Any idea on where each server sits level wise? Are players at 74 already?

33 minutes ago, Kleenex said:

Any idea on where each server sits level wise? Are players at 74 already?

NCWest artificially limits the level to 70 for now, so I can guarantee that there are exactly 0 people at level 74.

There should be several CPs* (at the very least) level 6x in TI and Giran, no clue about the other two servers. I think I saw people have successfully reached pre-wall 5x in Gludio, but someone from Gludio/Aden should comment.

* by this I want to stress that it will be a variety of different classes, all 6x. Not merely some superfast XP AoErs with off-party supports.

26 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

On Giran you find enough West-European players, that speak English.

Yet in world chat you keep seeing stuff like

STEGNH MONTELARA

trisha paytas <3
TI EXW PEIRAKSEI? KATI EXEIS PEIRAKSEI, H MUTH MOU EINAI FUSIKH
ellinikh clan psaxnei active atoma .pm me
EXEIS PEIRAKSEI TO STOMA SOU?

all day everyday

On 22/11/2018 at 9:12 AM, Kleenex said:

I'm an old player who started the game 1 week after chronicle 3 dropped and competitively stopped playing at the end of 2008. Came back for a few months here and there but it was nothing like Classic after the game went free. Well after the element stone's became a thing, it was never the same for me. 

But any way

I need to find a good English based server. I'm on Gludio right now but see a lot of Spanish and it worries me about the populations language preference is. I'm a stay at home father who lives in the PST zone. I prefer playing night's and that's why I chose GMT -4. 

But re thinking this I really just want to find some great people who play my times, speak English, love PvP, Raid Bosses and just competitive like me.

Could be the case that You might find ppl like myself. That is a native spanish speaker but can speak english...

Until Now I found that of that thing a lot. I began speaking english and at some point I found they can speak spanish too. It might be a good chance to learn about forgein culture and exchange a pleasant time!:D

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, Kleenex said:

But any way

Do not join TI, the biggest mistake I made. It is full of 'Care bears' and basically not that many English speakers. Better join Giran (despite time differences), as 90% of Europeans speak English and I heard pvp action there is much better. I'm gonna move as soon as transfers become a thing. Good luck. 

I am st gludio myself too. It's TRUE that there are many Spanish based clans out there. But there are a decent amount of clans that they focus on English speaking audience. Like myself I prefer to be on an international clan that it is on English language based. So I joined one and i never had the problem. 

On 11/22/2018 at 2:22 PM, Devoid said:

(yeah, despite the fact russian speakers should be banned*)

Where does the User Agreement contain discrimination against people with knowledge of Russian language?

I am not sure such a discrimination is not illegal.

1 hour ago, Krissa said:

Where does the User Agreement contain discrimination against people with knowledge of Russian language?

I am not sure such a discrimination is not illegal.

A large geographical region, with primarily Russian speakers has been banned from this service. Flaunting one's Russian language skills, especially in world chat is definitely going to result in them getting reported for geographical ban evasion (at the very least).

If they would keep that shit private (pm/party/clan/ally) everyone would be happy.

3 hours ago, Devoid said:

A large geographical region, with primarily Russian speakers has been banned from this service.

So what? A large geographical region with primarily Korean speakers is banned too.

There are lots of native Russian speakers outside of that region. Almost a million in the US alone, more than a million in Israel, more than two millions in Germany.

3 hours ago, Devoid said:

Flaunting one's Russian language skills, especially in world chat is definitely going to result in them getting reported for geographical ban evasion (at the very least).

What is "geographical ban evasion", which part of the User Agreement does it break, and how could one prove it?

13 minutes ago, Krissa said:

So what? A large geographical region with primarily Korean speakers is banned too.

Exactly how often do you see hangul in world and shout and trade chat from people that are from any of the Koreas (North one is banned)? Or even their expats?

15 minutes ago, Krissa said:

There are lots of native Russian speakers outside of that region. Almost a million in the US alone, more than a million in Israel, more than two millions in Germany.

For a country so huge these are extremely low numbers (oh right, Russia is similar to USA - all square meters but no population), I mean, even my native country has around a million expats in the USA.

Time to understand that when using internationally provided services [focusing nearly entirely on the social aspect] INSTEAD of those targeted, you should communicate using the language the international services are provided in, despite how many different languages you are fluent in.

24 minutes ago, Krissa said:

What is "geographical ban evasion", which part of the User Agreement does it break, and how could one prove it?

You will not be able to login or create an account if you reside in one of the following countries: […]

Attempting to circumvent software/service localization policies WAS ALWAYS A CRIME. I have personally been threatened with legal action multiple times by multiple software publishers (funnily enough, never by developers) when using certain software purchased outside my native country (despite the fact that I purchased it while residing in the country where it was purchased) back in the day, so trust me, the least that can happen (after your illegally created account is banned) is your criminal behavior to be reported to your current ISP.

1 hour ago, Devoid said:

Exactly how often do you see hangul in world and shout and trade chat from people that are from any of the Koreas (North one is banned)? Or even their expats?

I have no idea, it doesn't bother me. I mostly see WTB and WTS there.

1 hour ago, Devoid said:

For a country so huge these are extremely low numbers (oh right, Russia is similar to USA - all square meters but no population), I mean, even my native country has around a million expats in the USA.

Time to understand that when using internationally provided services [focusing nearly entirely on the social aspect] INSTEAD of those targeted, you should communicate using the language the international services are provided in, despite how many different languages you are fluent in.

Which of these is a reason to ban? Does the User Agreement say "if you speak a language of a country with huge permafrost areas, you will be banned"?

1 hour ago, Devoid said:

You will not be able to login or create an account if you reside in one of the following countries: […]

Attempting to circumvent software/service localization policies WAS ALWAYS A CRIME.

Actually, no, not "always". And in this particular case, it is not even a breach of contract. There is no such phrase in the User Agreement or the Rules of Conduct, so it is not actually a part of the contract with NCsoft that you could violate.

And still, even if they were, how could they prove it without having lots of expensive false-positives (check the benefits that the residents of Germany enjoy under the User Agreement. About 3% of the Germany population are native Russian speakers)

Update: 

So I ended up going to Aden. I meet some old friends from back on Lionna and joined their clan ofDOOM.

I put more thought into it and realized the time zone was the very best of the options. Just a guess based off of what I have been seeing in world chat. But I would guess the server is slightly more English based than Gludio. There seems to be a mix of of langues going on from French to Spanish but I feel good about the decision to make Aden my home.

Nice population also, not to full but far from empty.

Archived