Forums

What bow to use

Jelou

First of all, hi and im sorry for my english xD im from Argentina so is not my first language.

Well, my problem is that im a phantom ranger and i have a reinforced bow right now but i dont know if i should upgrade this one or i should aim for light crossbow (top D). With reinforced im killing in Death pass with 4 shots so im using 8 ssd at 9 adena each im wasting (plus 4 arrows 3 adena each) 84 adena. But with light im going to spend 12ssd, if im still killing with 4 shots, and thats going to be 120 adena per mob. For the moment max adena im geting per mob is around 170-240 so is it really worth it to aim for light crossbow or should i stay with reinforced and upgrade it.

Sorry the bother and thx.

Hi, as a PR myself i would recommend upgrading that bow to reinforced long bow (top d in shop), as it uses 2 ssd instead of 3 from light crossbow. For farming purposes is way better coz basically the main difference between those 2 bows is that light crossbow attacks faster, which for pvp would be better, but if u put reinforced longbow to +3 its better dmg than light crossbow +0, as u can see the difference is not noticeable and u will make more adena per shot.

18 minutes ago, Shakedown said:

Use +3 Light crossbow. You do more dmg and kill in less shots. 

You kill faster and earn adena faster.

Anybody who disagrees is bad at this game tbh.

You are kinda bad at this game tbh if you feel the need to enchant your L x bow to +3 just so you can kill the mobs 'faster' rofl. 

22 hours ago, zein said:

Hi, as a PR myself i would recommend upgrading that bow to reinforced long bow (top d in shop), as it uses 2 ssd instead of 3 from light crossbow. For farming purposes is way better coz basically the main difference between those 2 bows is that light crossbow attacks faster, which for pvp would be better, but if u put reinforced longbow to +3 its better dmg than light crossbow +0, as u can see the difference is not noticeable and u will make more adena per shot.

Ok dude thx a lot for your advice i already have my reinforced longbow +1 (forgot that there are 2 reinforced bows xD but i have top shop) I just need to get 2 more ewd xD.

15 hours ago, Shakedown said:

Use +3 Light crossbow. You do more dmg and kill in less shots. 

You kill faster and earn adena faster.

Anybody who disagrees is bad at this game tbh.

Yeah i dont care if i can kill in 4 seconds or in 2. I just want to make some adena not lo lose xD. Thx anywas for your reply.

On 11/23/2018 at 3:49 PM, ZygiA said:

You are kinda bad at this game tbh if you feel the need to enchant your L x bow to +3 just so you can kill the mobs 'faster' rofl. 

I never said you NEED to. But the extra damage definitely helps.

+3 can be the difference between an extra hit to kill the mob. Saving you 27-30 adena per mob. If you're using the bow long enough, the adena adds up.
If you think the extra dmg doesn't help in the long run, feel free to use a comp bow.

Better yet, make a new char with me and lets race to 40.
We'll see who does it faster with more adena in hand.

Light Crossbow +3 it's the best choice SO FAR for too many reasons.

- More damage (kill faster = less soulshots + adena)

- Will be usefull for a little longer lifetime (you'll be hunting with it even if you get 40-45 even 50. But if you reach 50 you must consider get a C Bow

- More attack speed and more damage at skill (People will also think twice before flag on you)

For this point you just assume that it's a large investment for a worthy reward.

i'm using light crossbow at level 20 and i will be using it until 51 then i get the eminence.

Eh don't get me wrong, Light Crossbow its better than reinforced long bow ofc, if u got one for free in the halloween event, you should use it. Now, the question is, it is worth paying 3m for it? No. It's a highly overpriced item. In those levels all you need is farm adena and for that purpose reinforced longbow +3 is more than enough. Let's make a quick comparison for those who said that u save adena with light crossbow.

Random mob - 5 shots with Reinforced Longbow - each ssd cost 10a so 5 x 20 = 100a

Random mob - 4 shots with Light Crossbow - each ssd cost 10a so 4 x 30 = 120a

As u can see, even if by chance u can kill the mob with less shots (rare ocassion) u still make less adena per mob

Well in terms of PVE you won't have huge differences between slow and veryslow cause the speed of your auto attacks is almost the same.

Other story is for PVP or if you need fast skill dmg for a bad PVE pull, cause the slow bow skill speed is quite faster than the very slow, so in terms of PvP kite you will have more survivability with a slow bow, and of course a faster burst in PvE.

Of course you will spend more adenas for Light Crossbow cause the 3xSsd consume.

So if you don't do a lot of pvp go for the Reinforced, or at least this is my advice :)

Have fun!

Archived