Ban for my best friend warsmith(CL)

Hi. my best friend play only 1 char (Warsmith 48lvl) he is clan leader our lvl 3 clan,HE PLAY ONLY 1 CHAR, no boxes. He got ban while he sitting in town and selling  craft shop , I see there are many people who got random bans.... Is this mass bans new event???? Please ....  We played together on illegal server and never we got ban....We not botting. That warsmith donated 200dollars and never use bot program :((

40 minutes ago, GodEmperorRump said:

They have logs of EVERYTHING you do, they know where the Adena comes from.

Give me a break, the guy is running around with BOP he bought got 80kk and no one is doing crap. NC doesn't care if you buy adena or not, as they can't prevent it. 

1 hour ago, ZygiA said:

Give me a break, the guy is running around with BOP he bought got 80kk and no one is doing crap. NC doesn't care if you buy adena or not, as they can't prevent it. 

They could prevent it but it would take lots of people combing through logs, and they don't even want to pay for one guy to go around banning for bots so yea it will never happen.

18 hours ago, saskadonicova said:

We played together on illegal server and never we got ban....

This would contribute to the theory that if a modified client is detected on any drive within your system, you are guaranteed to get banned sooner or later.

11 hours ago, Baker said:

how is that @Devoid ? I don't get it

I have outlined this theory in some other thread. illegal servers almost always use own clients with modified executables, dlls and potentially even unreal engine files (utx, uax, etc.). It is possible that XC3 picks up those and reports that 'modified client files were detected' or something along the lines.

45 minutes ago, Devoid said:

I have outlined this theory in some other thread. illegal servers almost always use own clients with modified executables, dlls and potentially even unreal engine files (utx, uax, etc.). It is possible that XC3 picks up those and reports that 'modified client files were detected' or something along the lines.

This theory doesn't hold up for my situation, though. I'm 99% positive I've only ever played official servers on this PC. I might have played a non-official server when I first built it, but those files would be long deleted and overwritten. Also, doesn't explain how I didn't start getting flagged for "suspicious activity" until I had a Level 1 go AFK right after creation last week, and zero issues with the accounts I've had and played since the first few weeks of launch.

It's XIGNCODE causing the mass bans no doubt, but there's no method to this madness. And GM's couldn't care less to investigate.

22 hours ago, SumTingWong said:

It's possible that behaviour closely matches some common profile that they look for.  Creating a new toon, logging in and doing nothing with it.

You know... a suspicious behaviour.. so to speak.

Yeah, my bad. I wasn't approaching it with a NCWest mindset. Clearly a Level 1 with a normal name doing literally nothing is as suspicious as it gets. As opposed to all the afuihauifhaufih's running around starting area's, killing every mob in one big circle.

45 minutes ago, lum said:

Yeah, my bad. I wasn't approaching it with a NCWest mindset. Clearly a Level 1 with a normal name doing literally nothing is as suspicious as it gets. As opposed to all the afuihauifhaufih's running around starting area's, killing every mob in one big circle.

Now you're getting it ;)

Since years i read and such stories. Never got baned myself,

Some more of these stories from back then, after a new server opened (Franz or so). 

-"We never bot". Some days later you see them deep in a Necropolis...botting.

- Them: "We do not buy Adena, we hate gold sellers".. ...Me: How comes you have an eminence bow as soon as you have hit lvl 40?........"We exchanged Adena from our old server"......Me: what exactly do you mean with exchange? Suppose you gave the Adena on the old server to a gold seller and he gave you less Adena on this server for it?"...Them: "yes". (1 even told me he got it as a drop)

Trust MD House: People lie.

Archived