Bring back drop items from players

BHammer

I started playing L2 before I started playing WoW and the thing that bothered me the most about Blizzard's game was the fact that there was no chance of dropping on death.

This takes away all danger of dying, as EXP can be easily recovered, but your items are your most precious possession.

9 hours ago, ragingducks said:

I started playing L2 before I started playing WoW and the thing that bothered me the most about Blizzard's game was the fact that there was no chance of dropping on death.

This takes away all danger of dying, as EXP can be easily recovered, but your items are your most precious possession.

IT doesn't take away all the danger of dying or you wouldn't care at all about dying. If you don't care about dying then you're low level and your opinion is irrelevant.

Item dropping was a dumb idea that belongs in the dustbin of bad ideas. People are risk adverse in games as is and item dropping only made it worse. It was extremely difficult to find parties if you didn't already have a CP because people didn't want to risk teaming up with randoms. Some people made it their point in the game to just go around mob training others for item drops. You people freak out over KSers and dwarfs spoiling your mobs but you have no idea how huge of a bag of worms you would open with item drop on death.

It's a colossally stupid idea and it's not coming back because even Ncsoft isn't that dumb.

1 hour ago, Tool_of_Society said:

IT doesn't take away all the danger of dying or you wouldn't care at all about dying. If you don't care about dying then you're low level and your opinion is irrelevant.

Item dropping was a dumb idea that belongs in the dustbin of bad ideas. People are risk adverse in games as is and item dropping only made it worse. It was extremely difficult to find parties if you didn't already have a CP because people didn't want to risk teaming up with randoms. Some people made it their point in the game to just go around mob training others for item drops. You people freak out over KSers and dwarfs spoiling your mobs but you have no idea how huge of a bag of worms you would open with item drop on death.

It's a colossally stupid idea and it's not coming back because even Ncsoft isn't that dumb.

PvE bot detected. 

12 hours ago, BHammer said:

Plez Bring back drop  when u die from mobs  server full of boots with top gear and u cant do nothing to them at least give us a chance to take somthing from them  sorry for my bad english

I had a great day once, I found a bot train that was in FOM killing the lizard thingies that drop emi bow shafts that were on auto rez . . . I was playing my BH and trained them so many times I had to go to town twice to buy rez scrolls until I took all of their armor and weapons from them lol   F O U R c grade weapons and tons of mats and armors,  please bring back item drops.... please.  If NCSoft doesn't want to police the bot then let us players reap the benefits of being the popo.  Who ya gonna call then the Bounty Hunter comes for y'all.  Bad Bots, Bad Bots . . . yup, I enjoy my whiskey and coke this evening.

11 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

What a douche. It's 20-bleeping-18 and this guy is trying to tell me I'm a low level when we've been playing this game for what? 15 years? What a joke.

Archived