Forums

Update on Adena and Drop Rates

Hime

• Moderators

Greetings everybody,

As some of you noticed, we are indeed cleaning this thread up a bit. We understand this is a very touchy subject, and we do want to hear your feedback. However, the Code of Conduct still applies, which asks you to keep your posts civil, free of profanity, and constructive. With these points in mind, some posts were indeed removed and warnings have been given.

Please take a moment and remind yourselves of the Code of Conduct to ensure your posts don't get removed.

Thank you!

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three days spoiling at Hardin's Academy/Death Pass.  Farming Stone of Purity from Windsus and Oriharukon Ore from Road Scavengers.  In three days at a minimum of four hours per day farming, total minimum twelve hours, i successfully spoiled, with my level 37 scavenger, 7 Stones of Purity and 0 (yes, zero) oriharukon ore from Road Scavengers.

I will not apologize to NCSoft when i say this is broken.  IT IS BROKEN!  If this is considered "normal" rates then something is very, very, very wrong.  At level 37 i should be getting SOME items from these spoils.  More than 7 SoP in three days, definitely more than 0 Ori Ore.  In fact, i have NEVER gotten an ori ore spoil from a road scavenger, not ever!  and i have been spoiling there since at least level 32, 33.

So, no apology given here, NCSoft, this isn't right.  spoil rates should not be so low that they are non-existent.

3 minutes ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Greetings everybody,

As some of you noticed, we are indeed cleaning this thread up a bit. We understand this is a very touchy subject, and we do want to hear your feedback. However, the Code of Conduct still applies, which asks you to keep your posts civil, free of profanity, and constructive. With these points in mind, some posts were indeed removed and warnings have been given.

Please take a moment and remind yourselves of the Code of Conduct to ensure your posts don't get removed.

Thank you!

Better go and ban bots in game and don't waste your time here. They're always in same spots, every day, 24/7. I can even make you guys a map where u can find them, so all you gotta do is press a ban button, how about that? Haven't seen GM in game so far. What are you guys even doing all the time? Deleting posts in forum?

8 minutes ago, Itchy said:

Three days spoiling at Hardin's Academy/Death Pass.  Farming Stone of Purity from Windsus and Oriharukon Ore from Road Scavengers.  In three days at a minimum of four hours per day farming, total minimum twelve hours, i successfully spoiled, with my level 37 scavenger, 7 Stones of Purity and 0 (yes, zero) oriharukon ore from Road Scavengers.

I will not apologize to NCSoft when i say this is broken.  IT IS BROKEN!  If this is considered "normal" rates then something is very, very, very wrong.  At level 37 i should be getting SOME items from these spoils.  More than 7 SoP in three days, definitely more than 0 Ori Ore.  In fact, i have NEVER gotten an ori ore spoil from a road scavenger, not ever!  and i have been spoiling there since at least level 32, 33.

So, no apology given here, NCSoft, this isn't right.  spoil rates should not be so low that they are non-existent.

btw i farm cruma tower (the fixed zone) and in 3 hours farm a day i get like 10-20 OO drops(not spoils), this is what it should be, i dont know, how they can fix 1 spot and leave the other one completely messed up like that

14 hours ago, DemisedofRice said:

@Hime I don't know who did your research for you to come to this conclusion. But there is a huge difference in drop rates being challenging and adena rates being incorrect. VIP does not effect the drop rate of adena or the amount. So why would adena rates at lower level be much higher than most level 50+ areas? That a massive imbalance. If you sincerely think this, you will be signing the death of Lineage 2 classic.

Are they signing the death of lineage 2 classic or merely prolonging the death of the inevitable. The servers will die in time, it would make sense that NCsoft's focus is on keeping the casual level 25-35 player at this point. One way to keep the casual player is to try to close the level gap between hardcore and casual players. They have done this with dailies. And they have stunted the high level growth so that they may have a hope of keeping the casual population. 

Maybe its not that 50+ dont drop enough, maybe its that 25-40 drops too much. Either way, stunting the growth of hardcore players will help the long term server population.

12 minutes ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Greetings everybody,

Thank you!

Hello, how does my post saying NCSoft is pushing adena sales violate the CoC? 

What a ridiculous and great way to lose money.

Aden and Gludio are already dead servers, to Giran I give 1 month and to Talking Island 2 months, what a waste.

14 years of trash and never ever work for this staff.

Now I am completely sure that the best option is to leave. See you Idiots, good luck with your bots to lose money.

35 minutes ago, LeoLcm said:

lol they are deleting so many posts right now xD  hahahahaha. was 2 times 10 pages. now back to 9

They delete every posts that mentions illegal servers, because it shows ppl that server can run for over 3 years with reasonable rates without stupid payment.

Instead of deleting the posts, why don't we try the same strategy as illegal servers?

Just wanted to chime in. I stopped playing 2 weeks ago waiting for the drop rate fix. I'm fine with playing on lower rates but it's nonsensical how some zones were buffed and others weren't. It feels bad to hunt in areas where adena drops are much less than other zones. Also when I have VIP4 I expect drops on par with other versions of classic. I played original L2 from Prelude to Freya and it never felt this bad.

1 minute ago, AbsoluteZer0 said:

Are they signing the death of lineage 2 classic or merely prolonging the death of the inevitable. The servers will die in time, it would make sense that NCsoft's focus is on keeping the casual level 25-35 player at this point. One way to keep the casual player is to try to close the level gap between hardcore and casual players. They have done this with dailies. And they have stunted the high level growth so that they may have a hope of keeping the casual population. 

Maybe its not that 50+ dont drop enough, maybe its that 25-40 drops too much. Either way, stunting the growth of hardcore players will help the long term server population.

You have solid logic there. But in my experience being one of the highest levels on Aden server. There are some serious inconsistancies that make it harder for the casual player. I will survive, endure, and reap the rewards. But everything that I do doesn't matter much if everyone else has too hard of a time competing. These things could simply be fixed by changing adena rates to be more consistent. I don't care about drop rates and spoil rates. Those being lower just makes things more valuable when farmed. But certain areas like Sea of Spores and Cemetery are just absolute trash. There is literally no point in going there. But then you look at spell books and key materials that you need. Well they're at these places. So you have to suffer the massive money loss while farming at these spots. It pigeon holes the entire population into leveling and playing in certain areas. While making other areas just completely horrible. In the 40 to 50 range there are no solo areas that drop enough adena to sustain SSC. So you rely on the dream of getting a drop that you can sell to maintain yourself.

I'd just like to see more consistency like there was back in the day. Whether is lowering places in OB and FT, and raising some places like SoS and Cemetery. So it at the very least makes sense and has some sort of consistency as you level and go to different areas.

I still love the game and want it to be successful.

3 hours ago, outlaw said:

not everybody is playing broken mage aoe party. get real  u spend 100k/hour for shots . they spend 500k+ and kill X10 less mobs.|

not everybody is abusing the broken aoe farm, u know?

ur one of the proofs for my words..if u think farming aoe is the only way to make money ur just wrong.

I know single players who even farm 2-3kk/day.but who farming clueless stays poor...

1 hour ago, W0odstock said:

So you deleted my post about the amount of bots on the live server, and that we can expect the same for Classic. How does that violate CoC?

What people want: less forum moderation so people can express their opinions freely and more ingame GMs to fight the bots/RMT

What NCsoft thinks we want: extreme forum moderation and literally zero GM presence.

This is how i feel:

http://prntscr.com/lo5dd2

Three weeks of saying you will fix the adena problem, with a constant feedback from comunity. Now you created heaven for bots because of messed up "custom" low level zones and the answer is "this is how its intended".

Now that people are not happy and you see they are not happy, instead of really fixing stuff you will censor them.

Wtf ?!?

edit: Wanted to edit my first post but i coudlnt anymore. (you can delete the first one)

Hmm dont know why u guys have problem with this, i play solo as a mage with 2 boxes, lvl 47 now and can still leaving well, also got profit by farming in Cruma 2. i play 2-3 hours a day, doing aden and AI and some time got profit from aden. i use macro for my buff to hit monsters with me even they are using novice weapon, not just stay there and do nothing. Maybe its the problem of u guys who dont know how to adapt the situation and just know how to crying about stuff that's hard. I'm lvling my other alt at lvl 27 now with D weapon from my main and get more profit by farming at OB and dont have to rush, still enjoy come to forum and seeing u guys crying.
Cry more =)) 

13 minutes ago, AllenT said:

Hmm dont know why u guys have problem with this, i play solo as a mage with 2 boxes, lvl 47 now and can still leaving well, also got profit by farming in Cruma 2. i play 2-3 hours a day, doing aden and AI and some time got profit from aden. i use macro for my buff to hit monsters with me even they are using novice weapon, not just stay there and do nothing. Maybe its the problem of u guys who dont know how to adapt the situation and just know how to crying about stuff that's hard. I'm lvling my other alt at lvl 27 now with D weapon from my main and get more profit by farming at OB and dont have to rush, still enjoy come to forum and seeing u guys crying.
Cry more =)) 

Normal logic: (thats how it should be)

1 guy, 1 acc, 1 character         //if a player has more chars on his/hers acc thats still ok

Your logic: 

1 guy, X accounts, X characters    (maybe even X PCs)  //yeah thats really how you should play a  game according to you

Also you have many classes in this game not just "mages". Yeah i guess the problem is in all others.

Can anyone give me answer who knows? Is this https://playl2.eu/   the difference between IP and Online Characters? so we can see difference between real players online and Bots/Boxes? 

Thank u!

Those are players/slots on the severs. If 1 guy has 5 boxes.... you will see there as 5 "players".

Archived