Update on Adena and Drop Rates

Hime

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lolo said:

please fix spoil rates and quantity -.-

Level 55 x2 monsters spoiling 1 charcoal after killing 25....

Sadly, it's more easy buy mats of the bots who are selling it very cheap than spoiling them. (i saw a guy selling more than 8k of A.Bone, 5k Charcoal, 6k Coal, 6k Varnish). The only way to get that insane quantity of mats with this stupid spoil rates are with multiply bots permafarm 24/7. Rates and decisions of GM was maked to benefit the bots and adena sellers since the start of the server. (Sorry for my english, i'm Spanish speaker)

So, L2 is bleeding players left and right. NCSoft doesn't take a moment to interact and respond. A single post that says nothing new will change.

My first question, what is going to be added to the L2Store for NCoin that will alleviate the drop rates issue?  How many currently unsatisfied players are going to fall for the old, "here, buy this to fix the problem" routine?  We don't need more gadgets and widgets to play the game, we just need to have a game owner that gives a damn and listens to its community.  That would be the first answer.  The second answer would be to make things right, to stop making excuses and start working on solutions.

My second question is, how is NCSoft going to punish and penalize its legitimate playing community in an effort to quash the bot problem?  They've done it before by restricting chat to much higher levels and dropping adena and drop rates to prevent "bots" from gaining an advantage.  We've all see that happen in the "live" servers.  Again, these are not solutions, they are merely bandaids on much more serious management wounds.

I know there is no by-law or provision that requires NCSoft to have common sense in their management of the Lineage 2 servers however a little bit of common sense would go a very long way.

A little common sense just might stop the servers bleeding legitimate players. A little common sense might help rectify the economic problems in the servers.  A little common sense would address the botting overpopulation.  common sense doesn't hurt, NCSoft.  except you'll have to tell your RMTers "no" when they beg you to let them keep their bots.  Poor decisions are destroying game morale and bad management will kill this wonderful game.  Don't let that happen........ i seriously don't want to spend my idle hours playing the likes of WoW for something to do.

thank you.

On 12/1/2018 at 2:51 AM, mjou said:

for all those crying, there are a numer of boosted spots @which u actualy progress while gaining adena, FT>Ant Nest>Cruma3>Cruma2>EV>FoM>loa/aden plains

57 atm, still didnt exp on -adena with ES using bssc :x

ev and all those areas are still 100% nerfed adena/drops you trashy nub the rates 40+ average 100-200 adena ev is 4x hp mobs = 400-800 average range even though they are ment to give upto 1.8k a kill worthless people all over these forums 

21 hours ago, Lolo said:

please fix spoil rates and quantity -.-

Level 55 x2 monsters spoiling 1 charcoal after killing 25....

19 hours ago, Kharaa said:

Sadly, it's more easy buy mats of the bots who are selling it very cheap than spoiling them. (i saw a guy selling more than 8k of A.Bone, 5k Charcoal, 6k Coal, 6k Varnish). The only way to get that insane quantity of mats with this stupid spoil rates are with multiply bots permafarm 24/7. Rates and decisions of GM was maked to benefit the bots and adena sellers since the start of the server. (Sorry for my english, i'm Spanish speaker)

agree....

• L2 Team

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this matter. We want to let you know that we are always in constant discussions with our development team, and are doing everything we can for the longevity of our game and our community. We cannot promise any immediate changes to the current rates, but if there are any changes to come, we will share them as soon as it is confirmed.

16 minutes ago, Hime said:

First, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this matter. We want to let you know that we are always in constant discussions with our development team, and are doing everything we can for the longevity of our game and our community. We cannot promise any immediate changes to the current rates, but if there are any changes to come, we will share them as soon as it is confirmed.

we belive you that you are talking to them... you usually talking to them but unfortunately, our community isn't interesting your dev team. because if we were, you won't need to increase our rates twice and after 2 months of complaints from almost all community they would listen and make rates normal but no. you prefer to repeat your mistakes.   look on the original version. how do you think? your decisions were good?  better to have 2 servers with 400 players than 5 servers with 20k players?  

I apologize for my tone, but how you as a comunity a manager, do you not think that sometimes you need to listen to your clients? 

2 hours ago, KlausMorgan said:

we belive you that you are talking to them... you usually talking to them but unfortunately, our community isn't interesting your dev team. because if we were, you won't need to increase our rates twice and after 2 months of complaints from almost all community they would listen and make rates normal but no. you prefer to repeat your mistakes.   look on the original version. how do you think? your decisions were good?  better to have 2 servers with 400 players than 5 servers with 20k players?  

I apologize for my tone, but how you as a comunity a manager, do you not think that sometimes you need to listen to your clients? 

its not her decision and pimps in korea for some reason want to keep rates low either cuz of bots (doubt) or because they planed some vip 7 shit with increased adena/spoil rates

3 hours ago, Hime said:

I would suggest to no longer give us updates on these types of things even when they are confirmed. The reason for this is because you confirmed last month that the rates were incorrect even after the adjustments were completed and then you come back and say that they are working as intended.

Unless rates are being patched on a Wednesday maintenance or you have a confirmed patch for rates in the future for some emergency purpose then tell us. But until then please do not say anything so the community does not uproar like this.

Many players have quit because an expectation was set when it was stated that the rates were being looked at and once you released this post and then went into radio silence until now it has truly burned you with the community and the trust that we feel in Ncsoft.

What these events have shown me is that NcWest has not learned from their mistakes and mishandles their community and disregards how it makes us feel when their is no communication after something this big and complained about is announced.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Hime said:

19 pages of complaints about the subject off the post deleted, weeks without 1 answer and that's what you present to the players?

@Hime

Problem is u taking sooo long, ppl get tired of waiting months and when u then do try to fix something u dont do it 100% correct.

Things need to be done faster and u need to listen to ppl about where to adjust. u only listen 50% and therefor did only part of things ppl want u to look at.

14 hours ago, LightRider said:

you confirmed last month that the rates were incorrect even after the adjustments were completed

Actually, no, they did not.

They update the drops not because the previous ones were "incorrect", but because (and then) the server matures enough so that changes in the economy warrant the changes in drops.

The same reason why we don't yet have Olympiad and Clan Hall Auctioneer NPCs.

ok i love this game but it have large problem ... ADENA and SPOIL 

so far i find 3 places where is good adena drop .... Orc Barracks, Partisan's  Hideway and Forgotten temple

other places have 1/3 at best adena per kill.... and the best bonus is higher level mobs gives lot less amount of adena than mobs in those 3 places ... SO CAN U STOP TALKING to developers and maybe JUST MAKE THEM TO FIX THIS GAME ?

.... wiht weekends event the adena drop is not that terible around the world, but now i exp too fast for that little adena i drop 

And for spoil?

I huntet mobs that schould give 1-3 or 1-5 items per spoil my best score was once 3 animal bones and 3 thread i partisan hideway

On 12/7/2018 at 2:20 PM, Hime said:

@Hime please do not take this as a personal insult.  However, it is this kind of post that historically and continues to allow your player base, your customers, to feel lied to.  It's a little pat on the head that says, yeah, yeah, we read your posts, we know it isn't right but we aren't going to change it.  It isn't your sympathy we're looking for.  Obviously you are reading the posts, the few people you have on staff assigned to monitor the posts are reading the posts, but is DEV reading the posts?  does DEV even give half a damn about what they are doing to this game?  someone needs to take this to a higher level and *make* them understand that this game is going to die if it continues to be managed as it is now.  This lovely, wonderful game will just plain die from malnutrition, from neglect, from abuses to its players.

So while your responses are somewhat appreciated, we all know that you, @Hime and you @Juji have NO control over what DEV does.  You don't have the authority to insist that DEV makes necessary changes.  Perhaps it's time you take these issues up the food chain at NCSoft and pass the ball to those who do have the authority to insist these changes be made immediately!  Some of us know that it is not a huge drawn-out process to fix broken rates.  it's a simple fix that takes moments.  there is literally no reason for this to be a months-long process. 

So thank you for your attention to this, 20 pages later.  and thank you in advance for pushing this up the chain to get things done.

11 hours ago, Krissa said:

Actually, no, they did not.

They update the drops not because the previous ones were "incorrect", but because (and then) the server matures enough so that changes in the economy warrant the changes in drops.

The same reason why we don't yet have Olympiad and Clan Hall Auctioneer NPCs.

Below is what Hime stated back on November 16th. You should really read the forums and pay attention to what is said before trying to correct people on things that you do not even know.

The rates were changed because the rates were incorrect and were based on another regions rates that were not approved and were not intended. They then adjusted them to approximate where they should be. Below Hime also talks about scaling. This took me 5 seconds to research, the Dev tracker is a very helpful tool and I would suggest using it before quoting people and providing incorrect information.

@Hime

"Some additional clarity:

Free to Player service and Pay to Play service have different rates. This is true for all regions. We didn't reinvent the wheel on rates. The first rate scaling issue were based on rates from another region that we did not approve. They were lower than what we intended and we've adjusted them to approximately twice the rate they were at. That puts us now on par with other free to play region rates.

Now we're on our next issue about the rates scaling. Of course what works from other free to play regions doesn't necessarily mean it works for us here so we got adjusted rates for a few Lv. 40+ zones that had scaling issues. Based on your feedback, there are more that needs to be considered. We're in constant discussions with our dev team and this is a priority issue."

1 hour ago, LightRider said:

Below is what Hime stated back on November 16th. You should really read the forums and pay attention to what is said before trying to correct people on things that you do not even know.

You are making a huge mistake thinking I don't know what Hime said.

You are also making a huge mistake thinking that it's Hime or Juji who "approves" or "intends" the rates.

13 hours ago, Krissa said:

You are making a huge mistake thinking I don't know what Hime said.

You are also making a huge mistake thinking that it's Hime or Juji who "approves" or "intends" the rates.

Who said anything about Hime or Juji approving rates? I said that "They" adjusted them meaning that NcWests as a business decided to adjust them. It is Hime responsibility and Jujis responsibility to let the other teams within the Lineage 2 Classic project to let them know what our dislikes are.

Here is a huge responsibility that a gaming producer has that is not being met with the community:

"A producer must be proficient in both speech and the written word. Video game producers interact with various departments and the people within them, each department having their own way of communicating with the video game producer. Producers must be able to speak everyone’s language and translate between departments when needed."

You may not see it but we as the community that play their game we are considered a department. We are the consumers and the most crucial part of their game even existing. Without us there would be no profit but they treat us like trash with not communication with us. This is why in my original post to Hime and I stated to not even try to communicate with us because with their current approach it is ripping their community away from this game, they will say one thing but then blind side us with another.

Have a good day Krissa

Archived