Update on Adena and Drop Rates

Hime

This is even more hilarious cause the higher level you get the less chance you have of sustaining your ablility to exp. do you realize how stupid this shit is. It’s not like there’s a high drop rate for weapons and armor and spell books to be able to make some money. 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand is has to be tough and i agree but is not logic that a 30 lvl mob drops more adena than a lvl 50 mob. Thhat doesnt make sense in any possible way. I suggest you reconsider it or player base is going to decrease drastically and you will be helping bots in low level areas where is profitable to farm but for real players, farming is not unless you are very lucky and get some drop.

8 hours ago, Hime said:

Since the launch of Lineage II Classic, we’ve received tons of your feedback regarding Adena, drops, and spoil rates in game. Based on that feedback, initially increased those rates by more than double, and addressed key group areas that had lower than intended rates.

After observing the impact had in-game, and discussing with the development team, we concluded that no additional rate changes will be made. Our rates for free players are parallel with the other regions that offer Lineage II Classic as free-to-play. Ultimately, the nature of Lineage II Classic is that acquiring Adena and items are meant to be challenging, as players must decide strategically how they spend their Adena.

We recognize the concerns of our players, and we will be running the Attendance Checklist event along with weekend server boosts for the remainder of 2018. There will also be seasonable events that we run from time to time to acquire various reward items. 

The Attendance Checklist event will start after maintenance this week and the first weekend server boost event will start this Saturday.

Information on the Attendance Checklist and Server Settings can be read here: https://www.lineage2.com/news/winter-holiday-events-2018

Long time l2 player.

Affect of low adena rate, especially in solo zones! Will just make the game less friendly for new or solo players.

All but one of my friends quit already because adena drops didn't support them and they felt forced to buy adena from 3rd party to sustain SS and port fees, there is nothing to learn about the game, it's math.. and we are all experienced l2 players.

Only way to be successful now is to be lucky with aden daily or full drops... and the game was NEVER nice on that part. l2 always rewarded hard work and grind, and now hard grind punishes your wallet, It's not hardcore. the hardcore aspect of l2 was never about adena, it was about pvp.. PK, Xp loss, enchanting... Not being able to afford basic resources unless lucky was never how old l2 was. you're just promoting credit card swiping with Russia/Viet/China traders.

Your development team needs to be fired, that's pretty obvious ever since GoD update, when the bulk of us stopped playing.

Btw if you're gonna increase adena rates, do it properly, Do it in all areas, not just afew selected to make us cramp up more. Seriously you guys got no idea how to maintain a population.

Aaaaaahhhh...guys...you don't wanna understand...

This is just a CashCow game for NCSoft...They are focusing their finances and resources on others titles (l2 mobile, Aion3 mobile, e.g.). Do you really think they care about your crying for adena drop or spoil??? Don't you realize why they came out with l2 classic?? Official is dead and impossible to play for new players, they know that and don't have time/resources/will to fix all  that mess; so they came out with l2 classic to get back some cashes $$ and all of us have been lured to this XD.

Personally I  enjoy the game with my clan, of course it is more difficult to get gear etc.., but not impossible.

What about bots?? Simple as that...NC NEEDS bots and sellers cause,on a server like this, they create economy for new players who don't want to wait to be competitive...not telling you something new...just watch others free to play titles and you will see that L2 is not the only bot paradise. And if you catch a party bot with your CP, well force them to flag and kil them all!!!

This server will become official like, 2k-3k ppl max in few months. It's up to you to take it easy and create your own economy.

Yeah the game is hard as he was meanted to be. Create a 2nd or third account, sell SS and BSS, buy/sell crafting materials, enchant and sell gear, there are many ways to get your money. It's clear that with this patch that NC don't want to make this server like some illegal or INNOVA, deal with it!

If you are always looking at the problems and not the solution you will never enjoy the game..btw just killed 40+ necro with +4 sage staff with my 33 dark wizard TopD weapon +3...so don't bother about p2w ppl, 90% of them don't have fingers :D

16 minutes ago, SOiL said:

1/3 could be cool but it's 2/4 bots, 1/3 boxes and the 1/4 that's left are real players/shops

This doesn't add up to 1. Also, if you want to know how many are shops, you can just take a look at https://playl2.eu (the numbers in parentheses)

28 minutes ago, InTheGame said:

already begun

The max online since last maintenance (over last 6.77 days) was 6158 for TI and 6291 for Giran, so best wait and see how things go after today's maintenance instead of claiming things that may or not be true.

1 minute ago, Devoid said:

This doesn't add up to 1. Also, if you want to know how many are shops, you can just take a look at https://playl2.eu (the numbers in parentheses)

The max online since last maintenance (over last 6.77 days) was 6158 for TI and 6291 for Giran, so best wait and see how things go after today's maintenance instead of claiming things that may or not be true.

I'm not saying 1/4 are shops, I'm saying shops+real players are the 1/4

9 hours ago, Hime said:

Our rates for free players are parallel with the other regions that offer Lineage II Classic as free-to-play.

Your rates for me as a VIP4 player (adena amount) are the same as those for VIP0 players - so this argument falls flat on its face.

If VIP status affected adena amount - I'm sure there would be a lot less backlash since the game would be essentially Pay-to-Progress.

@Hime has anyone even play tested these rates? Did you try playing this game without abusing GM commands before launching it?

2 minutes ago, Bastor said:

@Hime has anyone even play tested these rates? Did you try playing this game without abusing GM commands before launching it?

They did..
*Let's see, gremlin drops the gem alright.. elpy gives adena and animal skin, alright.. quests are working corectly, we missed the spiritshot thing np that was quick we fixed it 2 weeks later. Let's see hmmm.. werewolves dropping adena and jewells, okay server is fine guys let's open it*

Everybody hate and flame russians, but they have stable and accurate servers. You pay for 2.0 and play 2.0, you pay for 2.5 and play 2.5. Here it was announced like 1.5, we had patchnotes and game is total mess. No runes but augments, boosted raids and rad barrier. No 3rd class but TOI, Zaken and attribute farming zones. On 1.5 only mobs in LOA were dropping TOP B helms, here some x1 trash mobs near Aden dropping top b. All theese thing incuded in new patches follow the normal evolution of classic, but removing something and adding other things just because you think its cool is total mess. Even you were unable to fix your broken dyes that you said will be +12. Server is the biggest fail in all servers I've played.

27 minutes ago, Devoid said:

Devoid, the servers are dying. Stop ignoring the facts. Giran had 3.7k chars on yesterday at 7pm GMT +1. TI had 5.4k chars on at 9pm EST. The popular streamers are leaving dragging their crowd with them. Who the hell wants to farm in lvl 30 areas forever just to be able to buy gear, or sit in one spot and farm haste spell book and sell it for 10kk? I mean that's not what L2 is about and not what it should have been. 

4 minutes ago, RickRoss said:

Everybody hate and flame russians, but they have stable and accurate servers. You pay for 2.0 and play 2.0, you pay for 2.5 and play 2.5. Here it was announced like 1.5, we had patchnotes and game is total mess. No runes but augments, boosted raids and rad barrier. No 3rd class but TOI, Zaken and attribute farming zones. On 1.5 only mobs in LOA were dropping TOP B helms, here some x1 trash mobs near Aden dropping top b. All theese thing incuded in new patches follow the normal evolution of classic, but removing something and adding other things just because you think its cool is total mess. Even you were unable to fix your broken dyes that you said will be +12. Server is the biggest fail in all servers I've played.

Russians are good when it comes to server management tbh. 

1 minute ago, ZygiA said:

Devoid, the servers are dying. Stop ignoring the facts. Giran had 3.7k chars on yesterday at 7pm GMT +1. TI had 5.4k chars on at 9pm EST. The popular streamers are leaving dragging their crowd with them. Who the hell wants to farm in lvl 30 areas forever just to be able to buy gear, or sit in one spot and farm haste spell book and sell it for 10kk? I mean that's not what L2 is about and not what it should have been. 

Well, ever since the queues stopped (rather than Dion getting opened) it was obvious there is only one way these servers can go. Yet there still are many players here, so let's see what the dynamics are in light to the recent announcement. I will definitely be monitoring the stats.

1 minute ago, ZygiA said:

Russians are good when it comes to server management tbh. 

If you call everlasting corruption 'good', then perhaps. And yes, that corruption dates back to Teon, even before l2.ru was a thing.

Archived