Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Hime

back in C1/C2 the adena drop was bad, B grade upwards wasn't cost affective to use shots while PVE, I remember the clan crafter putting a rule in of don't use shots unless its for PVP, it wasn't till end of c3 start of c4 that using shots became cost affective.Teleports wasn't free, so my shot crafter/seller used to have to run to gludio from dion then port to orc village for soul ore as this was the cheapest town.

Lineage was a hard grafting game back in the day, harder than it is now, you couldn't make duel swords without a blue print from a castle owner, there was no moon/clan oath armour, no buff scrolls.. ect *and it had a subscription fee

Catacombs was a real game changer, not just with A grade mat drops, but with Ancient Adena, this could be traded for healing pots, SP scrolls and + dyes, you could even trade with traders to swap AA to A.

We need to give the game chance to delvelop

@Tonk Ncsoft west has never really had any say, its always been Korea that has pulled the strings, 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, TDG said:

RE the teleport rage, buff windwalk, run to territory boundy, SoE, 480a to get to any town, if you need to get from a town to an exp spot very cleverly there are multipule exits in all towns to allow you to reach your destination.

If you do not do anything else just play l2 24/7 it's not a problem for you, but majority of players have their own lives and don't have time for such bullcrap.

back in C1/C2 the adena drop was bad, B grade upwards wasn't cost affective to use shots while PVE, I remember the clan crafter putting a rule in of don't use shots unless its for PVP, it wasn't till end of c3 start of c4 that using shots became cost affective.Teleports wasn't free, so my shot crafter/seller used to have to run to gludio from dion then port to orc village for soul ore as this was the cheapest town.

Lineage was a hard grafting game back in the day, harder than it is now, you couldn't make duel swords without a blue print from a castle owner, there was no moon/clan oath armour, no buff scrolls.. ect *and it had a subscription fee

Restaurants who were successful 20 years ago CAN'T be successful nowadays if they kept selling same food.

3 minutes ago, McBacon said:

If you do not do anything else just play l2 24/7 it's not a problem for you, but majority of players have their own lives and don't have time for such bullcrap.

Thank god for other games. :)

PoE will be fun in december with the new update. I'll probably migrate there myself.

13 hours ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 5am PST / 8am EST / 1300 GMT+1 will be unavailable for approximately 5 hours

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Black Friday Sales Event will end.
  • Black Friday Promotions will end.
  • The Free Teleports server setting will end.
  • Attendance Checklist event will start (11/28~1/9). Log in daily to collect rewards.
  • XP/SP/Adena Quantity/Item Drop +50% Weekend Boost Server settings will start:
    • 12/01 00:00 ~ 12/02 23:59 Server Time
    • 12/08 00:00 ~ 12/09 23:59 Server Time
    • 12/15 00:00 ~ 12/16 23:59 Server Time
    • 12/22 00:00 ~ 12/23 23:59 Server Time
    • 12/29 00:00 ~ 12/30 23:59 Server Time

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

You yourself have admitted the Adena is a problem still yet your turning off Free teleports even though the problem has not been fixed?
Till the issue is fixed you need to continue to allow free ports. 

Attendance check is a great idea and honestly a surprising move by NCsoft. Congratulations on getting something right through the time logged in should be increased to one hour and be put behind an experience gained requirement so people don't just log in and sit their lazy ass's down. 

18 minutes ago, McBacon said:

Restaurants who were successful 20 years ago CAN'T be successful nowadays if they kept selling same food.

@McBacon
Personally I'm on the fence about the rates, they have already made it alot easier than it was back when you had to use the run and soe method to do your class change quests.

But these comments are just QQ, Lineage 2 was never meant to be a casual game, and if it was a casual game for you, you were far behind the leveling curve. And your restaurant analogy its terrible as @crinkle pointed out already.

4 minutes ago, PwnyTime said:

You yourself have admitted the Adena is a problem still yet your turning off Free teleports even though the problem has not been fixed?

Attendance check is a great idea and honestly a surprising move by NCsoft. Congratulations on getting something right through the time logged in should be increased to one hour and be put behind an experience gained requirement so people don't just log in and sit their lazy ass's down. 

Sure, increase the time needed to get the attendance check, make the queues real again. Good thinking, Sherlock!

Just now, ICuRaPro said:

@McBacon
Personally I'm on the fence about the rates, they have already made it alot easier than it was back when you had to use the run and soe method to do your class change quests.

But these comments are just QQ, Lineage 2 was never meant to be a casual game, and if it was a casual game for you, you were far behind the leveling curve. And your restaurant analogy its terrible as @crinkle pointed out already.

You are right @ICuRaPro Lineage 2 was never meant to be easy but if you remember back in beta the price's of ports was much lower with the highest being 18k and the fact mobs even in the original dropped more gold farm fewer items.

for all you people with "lives" and "no time for bs" take a days pay out of your work and buy runes , ss and exp scrolls to level up and make adena. What used to take weeks in game can be bought with about 1 day of pay. 

so there are basically 2 options either you have no job so you can sit there all day and farm or you have a job & pay a little money and save loads of time.. stop the bitching play the game pay 2 win do whatever if you want a GM to be ingame maybe you should play a illegal server.

Thank you L2 team for making a playable game i dont have to religiously play to have fun and be competitive 

13 hours ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 5am PST / 8am EST / 1300 GMT+1 will be unavailable for approximately 5 hours

I like when NCSoft gives us timeframes for maintenances. They are always respecting them! Word! 

8 hours ago, AngelCelestial said:

another week, without fixing the solo 45-55 spots, so another week without being able to level my main.
 I will continue climbing my dwarf, and the sws. But what will happen when they both reach level 44? then at that moment I will have to consider leaving the game ...

by google traductor

everyone is doing the same thing and thinking the same thing...RIP l2classic

You need to separate Live from Classic dependencies, not "entangle" them. That include the login server as well.

So what's so "difficult" here?! To have 2 against 1 login server? You have 21 GigaBytes Client (L2) and.. launcher..

You need to duplicate login accounts and split server (character's) accounts. The launcher must check which account have charters on which realm and a user interface - to choose -> where to connect -> on Live or on Classic realm. 

Its easy task even for a student..

14 hours ago, Pabloidex said:

I have a doubt, there will only be one event on the weekends that + 50% of adena ?, because the GKs will be paid every day, and if the rest of the week the drop remains the same... we are the same as before. Besides that CURRENTLY is below 50% the drop, so with a 50% bonus would just be normal drop.

Another issue: I appreciate the XP and SP bonus, but I do not know if it is necessary, what is mainly discussed is the adena, not the XP.

That's not how it works.

EG 

50% of 1000 = 500 

500 + 50% = 750 

so still below standard :)

14 hours ago, Hime said:

1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 1300 GMT+1 5 hours 

You're my heroes, after 1 months of saying that GMT +1 1300 is wrong.. even this is wrong! I feel like watching people shouting about oferts, for a while I believed ofert word exists

5 Hours? New Chronicle? Mars attacks? Did the Russians attack? Oh no its just NC West. They all loved the early years of L2 classic so much, that they event kept up the maintenance times from back then. Now i want the 10 minute server restarts every day at 12 o clock as well.

Thats exactly the time another big game company needs for content patches to their famous three letter MMO.  

4 hours ago, McBacon said:

Can you just stop with this ridiculous statement? Just because you have a full time job and don't have enough time investment why does the game need to adjust to your preference? This is the problem with modern generation of gamers. You want everything easy, you are lazy, you don't want to work all your way up for any sort of achievement/accomplishment. All you do is complain and moan about everything you possibly can. Just do yourself and favor and play candy crash saga! You cannot expect to achieve the same result as people who play 10 times more than you do and have 10 times more knowledge how make adena efficiently. 

You know, I am 100% sure if they ever increase the rates again, you and people like you will find other things to complain about like "Why this guy has a +16 weapon, it must be some bug!!!"

just stop with your whiny attitude, it won't help you to get good at this game

I love how they are deleting so many posts and never even give a reason why, some of the posts that get deleted are literally respectful and constructive feedback. The mods on these forums are doing the game a dis-service by deleting the majority of posts here, extremely deceptive way to try and save face.

I would like to know how they can get a database ready and working in the European, and they can break both the spoil and drop system of adenas inside the game? All this to try to sell more VIP?

it does not help to charge again gk being that you can not make adena in the up to use the consumables and pay gk, admit q have the problem, give a boost of xp and adena for a while, and then the problem again?

sincerely you are only killing the game just like they did with the normal game, no use wanting to make money in a system that everyone is discontented and they will stop playing soon

5 hours ago, SOiL said:

You're my heroes, after 1 months of saying that GMT +1 1300 is wrong.. even this is wrong! I feel like watching people shouting about oferts, for a while I believed ofert word exists

Bro c'mon, you can't expect a multi-million dollar company to actually be able to calculate different timezones. That's just too hard for them.

19 hours ago, PwnyTime said:

you can't force player to go hunt.You kill the free will this way.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, Hime said:

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Black Friday Sales Event will end.
  • Black Friday Promotions will end.
  • The Free Teleports server setting will end.
  • Attendance Checklist event will start (11/28~1/9). Log in daily to collect rewards.
  • XP/SP/Adena Quantity/Item Drop +50% Weekend Boost Server settings will start:
    • 12/01 00:00 ~ 12/02 23:59 Server Time
    • 12/08 00:00 ~ 12/09 23:59 Server Time
    • 12/15 00:00 ~ 12/16 23:59 Server Time
    • 12/22 00:00 ~ 12/23 23:59 Server Time
    • 12/29 00:00 ~ 12/30 23:59 Server Time

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

YAY!!! You give us 5 weekends of 50% boosts! YAY. This does not MAKE UP for the lack of fixing the adena rates. How the hell did you and juji become producers if you don't fix shit? Serious question.

Archived