I guess this cry about random bans is just propaganda

Zeeki

I guess this cry about random bans is just propaganda and lobby of RMT. And I do not know even single person who got ban and I'm sure this person was clear. Why NCsoft would want to ban consumers? There is no sense of it.

At the same time I see alot of bots. Alot of people with 3+ clients, extremly hight lvl and enchanted weapons - and here I suppose is not enought bans. Should be alot more.

And when I see this forum I see strong lobby that:

- cry about so called "random bans" that I does not see,
- do not wnt revert old PK system (rly, in PvP game?),
- do not want revert system when players droping items when die in pve.
I see it more like lobby of RMT than real feedback of Lineage 2 players.

Same.

There was a moment when you'd see people crying on forums, saying that they reported somebody for botting, but instead NCsoft banned their accounts and let the botters play :)

So I went ahead, mostly out of curiosity, and reported a guy I thought was botting. I actually got a really nice written reply, which doesn't even look like a copy-paste, stating that they'll investigate it. Based on my observation (the time I submitted the ticked, and the time I got a reply), I concluded an actual hired human looked at it.

So, since I'm not 'randomly' banned, like people like to pretend here, I guess I proved the propaganda wrong :))

Same here. I had a friend I used to exp with on low lvl. One morning I went to farm without him and saw him on spot clearly boting for hours and hours. He was banned like a week later and PMed me so hard that he never used any bot, started topic here and so on. Thats why I dont trust those "random ban" topics creators. I travel a lot, I already joined this game for 3 different continents and still not a single warning, ban or anything. I think GM team do pretty good job here. Its hardcore, more hardcore than I expected, but I like it.

I'm sure there are alot of ppl botting, but at same time the false reports are also a problem.

I am now afraid to leave my char afk outside of town cos of false reports. Yesterday I went afk to eat and find a popup to insert code. Clearly someone just reported me. Good thing i got back in time. But I wonder how many ppl got banned this way.

4 hours ago, Zeeki said:

. Alot of people with 3+ clients, 

It's 3 clients per PC, not IP. Do not be surprised if you see 1 human player running 3+ clients.  If you have 3 Pcs you can run 9 clients, and is not against the Rule of conducts.  

@Zeeki@Juji

Figured I'd pop in to see how this train wreck is going. About as expected.

How nice that you think you got some real response from a real person. I wonder if you'd get the same pre-formatted response if you try reporting again? Everyone else who says they were unjustly banned posted the exact same GM response I received, only the reason is changed. I actually had 2 allegedly different GM's give me the same exact reply--twice.

With a trash auto ban system they have in place that locks even Level 1's for "suspicious activity", it's safe to assume they are severely understaffed and don't give a damn. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the same phoning-it-in GM keeps changing their name on replies to appear as though Support is even close to appropriately staffed. I do know I've never seen the same GM name twice in all my years of playing on live servers. So either NCWest staff has ridiculously high turnover, or they're completely full of ****.

If your shrinking friends list isn't enough of an indication, maybe soon you'll get it when you have trouble selling equipment/items for anywhere near what you bought it for. Yet continue to see Top items/spellbooks climb by the millions, and getting auto spammed by multiple adena sellers whenever you step into a major hub.

But sure, ignore all that and pretend everything is going smoothly, because you got a nice little email from an ironically botted support staff.

is ramdom ban and the reply is to easy .

normally apply automatic resquest for acc free

ban people in game 2 -3 -4 year or more .Reports in 2-3-4 years =0

The question is for alll players ,level up,pay vip,and may be¿ tomorrow you acc is baned or ur box is banned ?

The question for staff is ¿return to pay game l2 same old time ?or continue free with random ban ?

Offense player with false accusations

On 3/12/2018 at 2:48 AM, Ceylon said:

Same.

There was a moment when you'd see people crying on forums, saying that they reported somebody for botting, but instead NCsoft banned their accounts and let the botters play :)

So I went ahead, mostly out of curiosity, and reported a guy I thought was botting. I actually got a really nice written reply, which doesn't even look like a copy-paste, stating that they'll investigate it. Based on my observation (the time I submitted the ticked, and the time I got a reply), I concluded an actual hired human looked at it.

So, since I'm not 'randomly' banned, like people like to pretend here, I guess I proved the propaganda wrong :))

+ Same experience here. I have used both the "bot button" in game and sent screenshots and videos via support tickets to report bots. I am careful to test if a bot is a bot first, (there are multiple and simple ways to do it), and I have never gotten a single warning nor a problem, all I have had have been responses stating something like "thank you for helping us build a better community".

My clan is a populated level 3, (we barely have slots maybe 1 or 2 left), and we also have an affiliated clan that's also full, if this random ban problem was real, one would think that even if I have not had a single problem with randomly being banned, the chances of someone in our clans getting banned would increase exponentially (1x chances vs. 60x chances) if you're talking about 2 full level 3 clans. Since I joined, (basically 2-3 weeks after server launch), none in my clan have been banned that I am aware of.

I will grant that 2 accounts from clan members have recently gone under scrutiny (2 alt accounts) but both were blocked and given back unharmed after a few days. Maybe there are some cases of injust bans but in my mind those are the exceptions, not the other way around.

@Oestethank you very much for sharing. This confirms that this 'random ban' spam was indeed made by a vocal minority and the absolute majority of players have no issues (except that suspicious activity autoban, which is promptly undone after contacting them).

• 4 weeks later...

Seems I have to cancel my words. With the last wave 2 people from my clan got auto ban and I'm 100% sure they did not used bot - because I know them + they played in party all the time on trains or bosses. At the same time GMs refuse to unban and on every ticked give same "Ctrl+V" answer.
At the same time I still see 40+ lvl whole bots parties.

Buddy of mine got banned for "third party programs"... fought it and lost even though he absolutely would never think of using a third party program or a bot or anything after spending a ton of money on it...

He had spent about 300 bucks on NCoin for XP runes and to maintain VIP level 

We both had been playing since OG launch... He got banned so NCSoft is done getting my money as well 

Yes it happens, how widespread it is is the real question here since it could just be a loud group of false-positive bans that makes it seem more widespread

That said, the appeals process is a joke so even if it was a false positive, they don't want to do the work investigating and just ban and case closed which has pissed people off

Personally I  think people are using the bot report button as a weapon en masse... He did high level raids and I can see a pissed off rival group spamming bot report because they can

well, i wasnt sure about it at first, then one day I made a fresh new account and start playing an archer, the next day I  was banned with no reason just "suspicious activity". I was like wtf so people were right with random ban legit player. but I sent a mail to the mail they say to contact. and the next day i was unbanned and they replied to me that their program who detect bot auto banned cause I had a suspicious e-mail.

so I believe if you are legit. you have nothing to worry about. if you bot, you take risk, so don't come here crying like a b-****

after that, when I see some guys botting LIKE "I DONT GIVE A ***" at lvl 50+ zones thats weird

I play just a few days. Today i made a new char (to be my box se) and i was playing simultaneously. When my spoiler run out of mana, sit down and play with my se...

Then the window of the se crushed and when i tried to log in i saw the message that due to suspicious activity the account has been locked ^^. I never use third party programs. I dont give a damn about the account because its lvl 13, but the fact that they give bans for no reasons, its a reason to leave..

Sorry for m bad english :D

well my husband and I play together all the time, next to each other, its our weekend hobby, after 3.5 months we got 40,40,41 SR,HE, PP, we craft a karmian set, with a full drop we got, next day, PP and SR banned, but not the HE, we request for feedback, "not possible" "rest Assured" so yeah, random bans happen believe it or not.

TI-LuxannaPhark TI-GiselaPhark TI-chubenca1

GL all, was a great experience for us.

4 hours ago, scarfz said:

so I believe if you are legit. you have nothing to worry about. if you bot, you take risk, so don't come here crying like a b-****

Cry like bit*****? Lol dude what about ppl who got banned on 15 16 lvl and its perma? With no good reason. U say bcoz u get unbanned so they are fair ? So hypocrite

As for me guys, today they unbanned my account...

They say that my account was caught in their regular account security review (dont know whats that) and after reviewing my account they decided to unblock it..

So i was caught in their security review, but i never used any 3rd party program, so for me yes there are random bans and its not propaganda xD

I've got randomly banned on Wednesday (26/12) on my dwarf while I was doing class Quest 35. While I was in Gludin Village to deliver the Q items on the NPC the client crashed and I've got banned.

I followed the procedure to send email on appeal@ncsoft.com and they replied me only with automatic messages that I've got banned for using third-party programs.

I have 4 accounts. While I got banned I was online with 3 boxes. 2 shops 1 dwarf playing. The dwarf got banned during the quest the other clients remained online. So..

How I'm getting banned for bot programs and I don't get banned to all my accounts?

I assume that something triggered the XIN program, but why the other 2 clients remained online?

I'm not using clickers or any mouse software. I invited them to do IP checks to all my accounts and if they have found any clues of botting they were free to ban and my other 3 accounts.

I want to explain here that the account which it was banned wasn't my main and it had on him 4k NC coins unused. I still have items or Adena.

I don't have the will to play anymore this game. I've been randomly punished for violation of the rules as they claimed.

They didn't even explain to me the reasons for this ban, no evidence no nothing. I sent them emails to tell me the real reason for my banned account since I haven't used any suspicious programs and they keep ignoring me!!!

I've got only general replies of GMs that they claim of a thorough search but nothing specific! If you care for your game community as a game company you have to give explanations at least for the bans in order for the players to have the opportunity to reform their actions! If you don't know why you got banned how you will manage not to make it happen again in the future??

Gaming should be a joy and not a constant fear of getting banned randomly.

It's such a shame for all the time and the money I've invested in this game. I hoped that I would have NCsoft at my side for any help I would need for this game, but they actually replied to me that any future emails about my case will be ignored!!!!

Welcome to the Club :(

My husband and our buffer got banned too for no reason, 2/3 accounts got banned, Doesnt make any sence.

Lets hope that when @Hime @Juji get back, the fix something.

Bot responses are BS for the gaming community.

If you are a bot, as you get banned you just make a new account and bot again, doesnt matter, but for the real players, we lose money and time...

Well, GL and happy new year.

6 hours ago, AnahiHdCas said:

Welcome to the Club :(

My husband and our buffer got banned too for no reason, 2/3 accounts got banned, Doesnt make any sence.

Lets hope that when @Hime @Juji get back, the fix something.

Bot responses are BS for the gaming community.

If you are a bot, as you get banned you just make a new account and bot again, doesnt matter, but for the real players, we lose money and time...

Well, GL and happy new year.

Happy new year too!

18 hours ago, axaxouxas said:

As for me guys, today they unbanned my account...

They say that my account was caught in their regular account security review (dont know whats that) and after reviewing my account they decided to unblock it..

So i was caught in their security review, but i never used any 3rd party program, so for me yes there are random bans and its not propaganda xD

You weren't banned. You were temporarily suspended because of suspicious activity on your account. There are several ways to trigger this but the most common is via logging in from geographically separated IPs. The system is designed to hamper hackers when they bust open an account to steal items/adena.

Archived