I guess this cry about random bans is just propaganda

Zeeki

On 12/3/2018 at 5:39 AM, Fleimas said:

I'm sure there are alot of ppl botting, but at same time the false reports are also a problem.

I am now afraid to leave my char afk outside of town cos of false reports. Yesterday I went afk to eat and find a popup to insert code. Clearly someone just reported me. Good thing i got back in time. But I wonder how many ppl got banned this way.

If you saw a captcha then that means at least 10 different people (different IPs/accounts each) reported you as being a bot.

I play 9 accounts so I do not go afk with them outside of town for more than 5-10 minutes at a time. For any long periods of being away I will log the accounts over to the AFK alts that are sitting in town. There for 3 weeks or so I was getting at least one captcha every day so that strongly encouraged me to not afk out of town. The various people running up to me to scream BOT REPORT!! at me also furthered said motivation...

On 12/29/2018 at 4:08 AM, Zeeki said:

Seems I have to cancel my words. With the last wave 2 people from my clan got auto ban and I'm 100% sure they did not used bot - because I know them + they played in party all the time on trains or bosses. At the same time GMs refuse to unban and on every ticked give same "Ctrl+V" answer.
At the same time I still see 40+ lvl whole bots parties.

Your 2 people were very likely were running bots on the side (or RMTing who knows you and I don't). Accounts that you never knew existed is possible.

20 hours ago, DanteAlbania said:

my friend was banned cuz he got dc twice in a row, and ncosft banned cuz they said "he used bots or smth else program" so yea if u dont p2w they can ban u easily. he was perma ban for what ISP PROBLEM? lmao

Haha that's that's absolutely hilarious. Banned because they d/ced lolol

18 hours ago, axaxouxas said:

As for me guys, today they unbanned my account...

They say that my account was caught in their regular account security review (dont know whats that) and after reviewing my account they decided to unblock it..

So i was caught in their security review, but i never used any 3rd party program, so for me yes there are random bans and its not propaganda xD

Your account wasn't banned it was suspended. Banned is permanent while suspensions are temporary. Security review seems related to stopping hackers/bad peeps from stealing from hacked accounts.

@Tool_of_Society U play 9 accs, imagine today one of them get suspended, for no reason, u conttact support and they say u are banned for 3rd party programs, u know thats imposible so u keep contacting them till they start ignoring, u come to forum and see a lot of ppl have the same problem, but they do nothing about it, and a lot of super smart ppl keep coming to troll in posts saying bullshit.

At start i was just suspended, but since the gms just now dont wanna do they work, if one decide u used something (even if there are no evidences) u are already doomed with the rest.

Tell me, u would play with the other 8 accs knowing u can get another one banned for no reason, since they will never tell u what happened, or search where they are mistaken at?

10 minutes ago, legolino said:

@Tool_of_Society U play 9 accs, imagine today one of them get suspended, for no reason, u conttact support and they say u are banned for 3rd party programs, u know thats imposible so u keep contacting them till they start ignoring, u come to forum and see a lot of ppl have the same problem, but they do nothing about it, and a lot of super smart ppl keep coming to troll in posts saying bullshit.

At start i was just suspended, but since the gms just now dont wanna do they work, if one decide u used something (even if there are no evidences) u are already doomed with the rest.

Tell me, u would play with the other 8 accs knowing u can get another one banned for no reason, since they will never tell u what happened, or search where they are mistaken at?

I could imagine unicorns pooping gold in my living room and that would be just as relevant.

I'm not doing anything against the TOS or EULA and thus none of my 9 accounts have been banned in the last 14 almost 15 years. I have four computers with mice/keyboards with each. I'm currently in the process of trying to acquire two more machines so I can actively play the SWS and crafter too. Currently they just follow around my main character.

EDIT: I know I'm getting reported daily too as for over three weeks straight I was getting at least one captcha a day. The random people spamming in all caps "BOT REPORT!!!!" also gives me a bit of a hint..

Prior to the three week of daily captchas I would get one every other day or so. Surprisingly I haven't gotten a captcha in several days now. Although I have had people flag on me and try to train me because they thought I was a bot group.

19 minutes ago, legolino said:

@Tool_of_Society See? that the kind of thing i am tired to see on forum this days, i have never been banned in 15 year either, but they did ban me now, of corse u cant imagine other ppl having that problem, till it happend to u...

Well like I said for over three weeks straight I was being reported by at least 10 different accounts/IPs (you can only report someone once per IP and account) every single day. I've been basically dealing with captchas since classic started (early weeks the threshold was 3 reports for a captcha). Yet here I am nearly four months later with over 1000 bot reports and no bans/suspensions...

12 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Well like I said for over three weeks straight I was being reported by at least 10 different accounts/IPs (you can only report someone once per IP and account) every single day. I've been basically dealing with captchas since classic started (early weeks the threshold was 3 reports for a captcha). Yet here I am nearly four months later with over 1000 bot reports and no bans/suspensions...

Okay over 1000 is an exaggeration as I was only averaging a little over 1 captcha a day for the first three months of this game. I forgot to factor in the change to the number of reports required to pop a captcha (from 3 to 10). I was calculating with the assumption of 10 reports per captcha since day 1.

I read all your comments carefully and I want to say that I've got banned in 1 account out of 4 I have total. The Game NEVER asked me to input CAPTCHA!

How the hell I've got banned? I asked for double checking for all my 4 accounts and they were free to ban and the rest if they have found a clue. They denied just by saying that they don't have the time to do investigations etc. I just want a fair judgment. Banning someone and not explaining him at least what he did wrong is not a professional way for a game company. I hope for you people not to be found in my place. Not violated any rules. I was just boxing. It is legal and many players are boxing. I lvled up all my characters manually. I can't simply stand a ban just because! 

Yeah, its not just propoganda and just random people crying. Both of my buffer accounts got locked due to suspicious activity. Then unlocked 24h later saying ty for your patience and that it was a "regular security check". I dont know why people go on these forum crusades without actually having half a clue. We are glad you are convinced though buddy ! Thumbs up !

On 12/3/2018 at 9:35 AM, Zeeki said:

I guess this cry about random bans is just propaganda and lobby of RMT. And I do not know even single person who got ban and I'm sure this person was clear. Why NCsoft would want to ban consumers? There is no sense of it.

At the same time I see alot of bots. Alot of people with 3+ clients, extremly hight lvl and enchanted weapons - and here I suppose is not enought bans. Should be alot more.

And when I see this forum I see strong lobby that:

- cry about so called "random bans" that I does not see,
- do not wnt revert old PK system (rly, in PvP game?),
- do not want revert system when players droping items when die in pve.
I see it more like lobby of RMT than real feedback of Lineage 2 players.

I don't know anyone who got killed on war....does that mean people don't die on war? don't think like a 5 years old...i know 2 people who got banned for nothing and then NC admited it was mistake and they took back their accounts after a lot of tickets and wasting time....you just a forum couch potato

Archived