Forums

VIP 4 box with two VIP 0

redsky

VIP4 has 150% drop rate outside of party, VIP0s = 100%.

When in 3 man party VIP[4, 0, 0], the rate will be (150 + 100 + 100) / 3 = 350 / 3 which is a little less than 117%. So your party will be enjoying a boost of around +17% drop rate.

3 hours ago, Devoid said:

VIP4 has 150% drop rate outside of party, VIP0s = 100%.

When in 3 man party VIP[4, 0, 0], the rate will be (150 + 100 + 100) / 3 = 350 / 3 which is a little less than 117%. So your party will be enjoying a boost of around +17% drop rate.

Where did you get your answer from? I asked the support, here is their answer. I think they have no idea how it works actually... How can a drop rate boost only 1 player in a party oO

G2sVad9.png

F2fwNI8.png

3 minutes ago, Dholas said:

Clearly. Those answers just don't make any sense. Just look at the answer to question 2...

Yup, they didn't answer the questions at all. It's just mind bottling in the words of Chazz Michael Michaels

3 hours ago, Dholas said:

Where did you get your answer from? I asked the support, here is their answer. I think they have no idea how it works actually... How can a drop rate boost only 1 player in a party oO

G2sVad9.png

F2fwNI8.png

Well, in the deleted forums, drop rate runes (from Prestige Packs) were claimed to work the way I stated. Since VIP level is a passive skill similar to a drop rate rune, it was only fair to assume it works the same way.

However, GM Geom brings some interesting points, I have to admit.
Items dropped by NPC belong to the entity that contributed the most damage. An entity is either a player's character, a party of characters or a MPCC (for raids).
The unfortunate thing is that as long as you are in party, the 'highest contributor' will be a party and not a character***. This would imply that IF you are in party, you forgo the VIP bonus altogether (as clearly stated in 3rd point), since it only applies to monsters where your character personally is the 'highest contributor'. So that would mean that a party of 9 VIP4 characters will have the same drop rate bonus as a solo VIP0 character. Same applies to MPCCs and raid drops.

*** Plenty of tests have been made in LIVE instances to confirm this. IF you are duoing Kartia and as the boss is dying one of the chars disconnects, all raid drops will be impossible to pick for both the DD and the support chars - because party that contributed the most damage was dismissed when one of the chars disconnected.

Moreover, if you kick the DD that would have been the main contributor (if they were not in pt) right before boss dies, they will be unable to pick drops, while your party will be able to (even if that DD did 100% of all damage to the boss, including last hit).

32 minutes ago, Devoid said:

However, GM Geom brings some interesting points, I have to admit.
Items dropped by NPC belong to the entity that contributed the most damage. An entity is either a player's character, a party of characters or a MPCC (for raids).
The unfortunate thing is that as long as you are in party, the 'highest contributor' will be a party and not a character***. This would imply that IF you are in party, you forgo the VIP bonus altogether (as clearly stated in 3rd point), since it only applies to monsters where your character personally is the 'highest contributor'. So that would mean that a party of 9 VIP4 characters will have the same drop rate bonus as a solo VIP0 character. Same applies to MPCCs and raid drops.

What if there is only 1 DD in a party, and he has VIP4 and supports VIP0? The highest contributor is the character with VIP4 (+50% bonus), or the party (no bonus)?

I am buffled about answer to my question 1. I clearly stated an example, where VIP4 is in party with VIP1, and somehow they stated that only VIP4 gets 50% bonus, which is confusing because the drop is shared between party, not seperate for each character.

Exactly. Based on what GM Geom says, the VIP drop rate bonus is only applied to people who deal damage to monsters while not being in any party.

Examples based on the support GM's answer. Players 1, 2 and 3 have VIP 4. Player 4 has VIP 0.

1. Player 1 (solo) does 100% damage to a monster
The +50% drop rate bonus is applied.
2. Player 4 (solo) does 100% damage to a monster
The +50% drop rate bonus is not applied.
3. Player 1 (solo) does 55% damage to a monster, Player 4 (solo) does 45% damage to a monster
4. Player 4 (solo) does 75% damage to a monster, Player 1 (solo) does 25% damage to a monster

Everything is rather clear until this point, but according to GM Geom, other scenarios are as follows:

5. Player 1 (solo) does 80% damage to a monster, Players 2 and 3 (duo, in party) do 20% damage to that same monster
6. Player 1 (solo) does 30% damage to a monster, Players 2 and 3 (duo, in party) do 70% damage to that same monster
7. Player 4 (solo) does 10% damage to a monster, Players 2 and 3 (duo, in party) do 90% damage to that same monster
7. Player 4 (solo) does 80% damage to a monster, Players 2 and 3 (duo, in party) do 20% damage to that same monster

I suspect the OP is correct

you can really tell with 200% runes on retail, I do not see why it would function any differently

If you have one out of 7 people on 200%+ drop rune on retail you dont notice increase, but if you have 1/1 you will, or 7/7, or whatever.

It diminishes the return if everyone is not on it.

Regardless of what been published or what NCWest is saying, it looks like to me that when in a party the VIP level defaults to the lowest VIP level of the party.

At least that's what it looks like to me, the only time I've got decent drops were when I was leveling up another toon out of party to replace my abandoned scavenger.

When I leveled up in a party, the scav(VIP 4) and the buffer(VIP 2), I would get mediocre full drops, random drops here and there.

But when I leveled up the the replacement(Human Warrior) on the VIP 4 account out of party I got a noticeable increase in full drops, consistently over a period of a few days.

When the toon caught up and they were in party together again drops went down noticeably, at the time I was assuming that the party had an overall VIP of 3, but after leveling other toons up solo or out of party on a VIP 2 account, the drop rate while I was partied seems to be similar to the VIP 2 drop rate, if that makes any sense. 

TL;DR VIP level defaults to the lowest VIP level of the party either by design or because it's bugged, in my opinion.

After all how could they even test how the VIP system is working as intended with all the RNG involved.

Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, Karnz said:

TL;DR VIP level defaults to the lowest VIP level of the party either by design or because it's bugged, in my opinion.

Difference between VIP0 and VIP2 in terms of drops is so small, that it might be hard to differentiate with small sample size. So your conclusion might be correct, but as well correct might be the one, that the drop bonus doesn't work in party at all (and then VIP4+VIP2 in pt = VIP0 drop).

Archived