IT's not real Classic but can these be fixed to make it more like the real one?

• Travel: So I know/acknowledge it's not the real classic version  mainly completely different staff who never touched the original, but in OG days it never ever cost this much to teleport from city to city after 41, it remained low in cost few hundo tops.  The travel rates being charged in Classic now are closer to current live version where account are old inflated and most people are loaded. Not here where it's new and closer to OG most avg person is broke. Can't go farm if it cost you more to port than 3 days of SS or BSS to get there.  Then you can't afford to purchase gear. With the rate of kills at 41 the adena gain is no where close to covering travel expenses. NCsoft is pushing out farmers that kept this balanced, but at the same time nuking the economy a bit to much.
  • MP regen: It was never this horrific in classic, you could get buffed and farm for like 20mins easy as mele, and there was a seated progression the longer you sit the faster it regens 4,10,20,40,60,100, and so on . So it was decent for solo plays.  Right now it's geared heavily more towards grp and burst, but everyone goes oom unless you have mana batteries in the party. Those old hidden numbers that are missing/lost from original classic now made a massive gameplay difference. 
  • SP gain: seen this a lot on forums but it is lower that original where when you lvled up you could buy several skills all the way past lvl 100 from lvl 1.  Problem most people are complaining on here now is you lvl up and might get a single skill, or none at first class transfer. From friends in there late 50s /60s after late 50s is does correct itself at later point and you start not scrimping as hard. But was never this harsh in original classic. This kind of bottlenecks a characters ability to lvl at their lvl unless carried for a while.

Messed up part about these is you can look up/google/youtube original classic vids that show this working properly with proper balancing. That should of been already hotfixed during a weekly reboot. With the amount of original players complaining on forums about these same topics, should of been a top priority. Keep in mind NA is not Korea, or RU, or EU. Which tend to get a lot more gimmes/fixes and work on there behalf and by their playstyles.

31 minutes ago, midnightstar said:
  •  
  • SP gain: seen this a lot on forums but it is lower that original where when you lvled up you could buy several skills all the way past lvl 100 from lvl 1.  Problem most people are complaining on here now is you lvl up and might get a single skill, or none at first class transfer. From friends in there late 50s /60s after late 50s is does correct itself at later point and you start not scrimping as hard. But was never this harsh in original classic. This kind of bottlenecks a characters ability to lvl at their lvl unless carried for a while.

If players would actually level how l2 classic originally intended, that is no XP scroll, then they would have enough SP to purchase all their talents.   Problem is everyone in the forum complaining are a bunch of lazy pansies who log 1 hour every day to do their dailies and expect adena and SP to magically appear.  If you actually grind to your level without using xp scrolls, you wouldn't have an issue with adena or SP, because you would be actually grinding it out.  Nobody likes to grind now days, they spend more time in the forums bixxxxg and whining.  Good luck

3 hours ago, Eternal said:

If players would actually level how l2 classic originally intended, that is no XP scroll, then they would have enough SP to purchase all their talents.   Problem is everyone in the forum complaining are a bunch of lazy pansies who log 1 hour every day to do their dailies and expect adena and SP to magically appear.  If you actually grind to your level without using xp scrolls, you wouldn't have an issue with adena or SP, because you would be actually grinding it out.  Nobody likes to grind now days, they spend more time in the forums bixxxxg and whining.  Good luck

I grind to 40 and I did not have enough sp to do much.  I did the quest as you mention but kept the scrolls.  I am 44 now i used some scrolls

I died a few times got crappy % rez or no % at all.  I do believe we have a SP problem.... Or I need to die a lot more .... cuz scrolls not a big deal

7 hours ago, midnightstar said:
  • Travel: So I know/acknowledge it's not the real classic version  mainly completely different staff who never touched the original, but in OG days it never ever cost this much to teleport from city to city after 41, it remained low in cost few hundo tops.  The travel rates being charged in Classic now are closer to current live version where account are old inflated and most people are loaded. Not here where it's new and closer to OG most avg person is broke. Can't go farm if it cost you more to port than 3 days of SS or BSS to get there.  Then you can't afford to purchase gear. With the rate of kills at 41 the adena gain is no where close to covering travel expenses. NCsoft is pushing out farmers that kept this balanced, but at the same time nuking the economy a bit to much.
  • MP regen: It was never this horrific in classic, you could get buffed and farm for like 20mins easy as mele, and there was a seated progression the longer you sit the faster it regens 4,10,20,40,60,100, and so on . So it was decent for solo plays.  Right now it's geared heavily more towards grp and burst, but everyone goes oom unless you have mana batteries in the party. Those old hidden numbers that are missing/lost from original classic now made a massive gameplay difference. 

Messed up part about these is you can look up/google/youtube original classic vids that show this working properly with proper balancing. That should of been already hotfixed during a weekly reboot. With the amount of original players complaining on forums about these same topics, should of been a top priority. Keep in mind NA is not Korea, or RU, or EU. Which tend to get a lot more gimmes/fixes and work on there behalf and by their playstyles.

Having played prelude, I have no clue what you are talking about. Fairy tale/10.

16 hours ago, midnightstar said:

I played prelude and yeah, you definitely don't know what you are talking about.

16 hours ago, TDG said:

Accept that Classic is it's own beast and not C1, you will find peace upon realising everything is working as intended.

Lol, people trying hard not to pass level 45 so they can kill the same mobs over and over again to stack up the XP scrolls is I believe not exactly the best kind of intention

12 hours ago, Devoid said:

Having played prelude, I have no clue what you are talking about. Fairy tale/10.

You can google it, check fan sites, watch youtube it's not complicated for someone who actually played prelude "over the age of 20" when it launched, tested the game prior, as well as others for this company, and beyond.. Nor is it a fairy tail. The only time after launch adena for ports was slightly high/stupid high they fixed it and lowered it down to be more realistic very quickly. ""Remember the original Devs used to play the game to, on non GM accounts, hang out in voice coms with older players and testers, or just walk around on the GM ones, and could feel the suck"" and adjust/reported problems they felt and saw. Progressive mp regen while seated was actually a thing, the game had far less down time, not complicated or hard to verify for someone not trying to just be a troll.

17 hours ago, Devoid said:

Indeed mana regen on classic is supercharged compared to what we had in prelude.

@OP

Stop spamming the XP scrolls and you'll have plenty of SP...

hang out in voice coms with older players and testers

They can't do that now because it caused all kinds of drama back in the day as some people in ncwest ended up "helping out" certain people/clans....Dramarama galore.

Progressive mp regen while seated was actually a thing, the game had far less down time, not complicated or hard to verify for someone not trying to just be a troll.

The MP regen we have now is vastly superior to what we had in prelude. The whole reason I went down the path of multiboxing was because my SPS would have to sit for  like 5-10 minutes to regen mana (that includes the active skill that increased MP regen while using I think spirit ore)...I would practice my bass while waiting or play other games... You couldn't use bows until C grade with cheap shot because the mana regen wouldn't keep up with the bow's mana usage.

Just to get it out of the way, I'm not an OG, I started on Gustin when Prelude was ending and C1 was starting.

Porting was always expensive.  Me and my party just walked and chatted over TS on the way to where we were going.  If I recall, Dion to Giran was around 16k.  I don't recall any porting only costing a few hundred.  There was no map, you had to do a quest to get one to know where the hell you were going.  There was also an ingame calculator (from another quest) that I loved...my main on live still has the maps and calc.  We learned the borders and used SoE's.  

I don't remember mana regen ever multiplying itself.  If you wanted faster mp regen, you sat or walked.  I used to solo with my BH using mage gear and duals because the of the mp and not using SS (before the SS macro).  I'd sit and watch a show waiting.

There were no XP/SP scrolls (introduced later during events), so everyone was levelling at the same rate, now you have people popping xp scrolls to zip through the levels and leave all their SP/Adena/mats in the dust, just because level is such a d*ck swinging contest these days.

As for SP, over 40, I don't think I ever had the SP to fully get my toon all of their skills when they became available.

Only thing I miss is the collection events they had almost every holiday.  Easy way to make extra adena, and they were actually fun (Valentine's Day event/Fall Pumpkin contest/collecting letters to make LINEAGEII and NCSOFT, etc...

2 hours ago, lelu said:

Just to get it out of the way, I'm not an OG, I started on Gustin when Prelude was ending and C1 was starting.

Porting was always expensive.  Me and my party just walked and chatted over TS on the way to where we were going.  If I recall, Dion to Giran was around 16k.  I don't recall any porting only costing a few hundred.  There was no map, you had to do a quest to get one to know where the hell you were going.  There was also an ingame calculator (from another quest) that I loved...my main on live still has the maps and calc.  We learned the borders and used SoE's.  

I don't remember mana regen ever multiplying itself.  If you wanted faster mp regen, you sat or walked.  I used to solo with my BH using mage gear and duals because the of the mp and not using SS (before the SS macro).  I'd sit and watch a show waiting.

There were no XP/SP scrolls (introduced later during events), so everyone was levelling at the same rate, now you have people popping xp scrolls to zip through the levels and leave all their SP/Adena/mats in the dust, just because level is such a d*ck swinging contest these days.

As for SP, over 40, I don't think I ever had the SP to fully get my toon all of their skills when they became available.

Only thing I miss is the collection events they had almost every holiday.  Easy way to make extra adena, and they were actually fun (Valentine's Day event/Fall Pumpkin contest/collecting letters to make LINEAGEII and NCSOFT, etc...

I started in closed beta. I used shots on my DE assassin and still had the money to buy a swordbreaker FROM THE SHOP before the wipe occurred (although I was around level 20).

To get around you'd use the loc command till you got the proper spot so you could /unstuck or use a SOE to get to the town you wanted. So yeah definitely there with you on that one.

I only had SP issues when I was getting ALL the skills. Whenever I restricted SP usage to useful skills I rarely had SP issues. I freely admit I had sp issues in beta because I wasn't informed enough to know what was a waste of SP or not. Scrolls are definitely the main driver for people having SP issues at higher levels...

Amen brother. I've mentioned those events many times and no one ever seemed to like them. So I'm glad to see at least one other person that enjoyed the events. They were good for picking up some extra adena and fun. Of course the letter event got murdered into a SPEND MONEY ON THE CASH SHOP NOAW event....

Once ncwest starts selling P2W on the classic servers like they do on live i'm done with l2 forever.

Ppl still don't understand that server parameters will vary with the team managing behind.

It's the same as with privates you know, the admins decide the parameters, the quests, the NPC.

If you're not happy with the settings here you can go anywhere else. Or make your own L2J server (gotta admit the thought passed through my mind a few times...)

8 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Once ncwest starts selling P2W on the classic servers like they do on live i'm done with l2 forever.

What P2W did they sell on live ?

I'm a privates scrub, never played on officials before this classic stuff :P

1 hour ago, Grimblee said:

What P2W did they sell on live ?

I'm a privates scrub, never played on officials before this classic stuff :P

Well, you know, some enchant shirt events where you could get +16 Dark Ama weapons 3SA and 2 of those SAs would be level 15 (or 16), even though drops/compound only allows players make SA stones up to stage 8.

Aside from that, last event was about dragon shirts and dragon weapon fragments, but there is plenty of other time-limited p2w: brooches and jewels, abundance talismans, ancient kingdom cloaks, etc. etc.

52 minutes ago, Devoid said:

Well, you know, some enchant shirt events where you could get +16 Dark Ama weapons 3SA and 2 of those SAs would be level 15 (or 16), even though drops/compound only allows players make SA stones up to stage 8.

Aside from that, last event was about dragon shirts and dragon weapon fragments, but there is plenty of other time-limited p2w: brooches and jewels, abundance talismans, ancient kingdom cloaks, etc. etc.

Damn, my esteem in NCsoft just lowered, me that has been a fan since Guild Wars 1! D:

Archived