Jump to content
Forums

50% XP Rune + Fishing =/= Working


Hyperlite
 Share

Recommended Posts

I purchsased the black friday packet on 3 toons. I opened the fishing pole, the growth amulet and the 50% XP/SP Rune.

Fish XP when 50% rune is in inventory: 3619 and 3291 per fish type

Fish XP when 50% rune is in private warehouse: 3619 and 3291 per fish type

 

Either the 50% rune and 50% fishing rune dont stack (would have been nice to know ncsoft) or something is broken.

 

Rune clearly does not affect fishing. I guess I'll Open a ticket on all 3 characters about this. I don't see any language anywhere that was the rune is irrelevant for fishing or just straight up broken. awesome waste of money.

 

If this is how its supposed to be, anyone have a link stating that? Rune says xp/sp gain +50%, not only for monster kills.

 

Pretty mis leading considering how it was offered as a black friday deal.

 

 

edit: as a side note, the server xp/sp boost on weekends doesnt appear to affect fishing either, but i dont have screenshots or tested, jsut going by fish xp memory.

Edited by Hyperlite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

XP/SP bonuses (including vitality) only affect XP gained through monster (and raid) hunting. They do not affect all other forms of XP gain, like XP/SP scrolls, quest rewards or fishing. This is common knowledge.

In other regions certain VIP levels do apply fishing XP/SP bonus. In addition to that, there is a Fancy Rod (in LIVE) and Golden Mermaid Rod (in CLASSIC) that boosts fishing XP/SP gain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Devoid said:

XP/SP bonuses (including vitality) only affect XP gained through monster (and raid) hunting. They do not affect all other forms of XP gain, like XP/SP scrolls, quest rewards or fishing. This is common knowledge.

In other regions certain VIP levels do apply fishing XP/SP bonus. In addition to that, there is a Fancy Rod (in LIVE) and Golden Mermaid Rod (in CLASSIC) that boosts fishing XP/SP gain.

where is the 1st part of your post listed?

 

Rune Description: 30-day item. When in inventory, your XP and SP gain is increased by 50%. Cannot be exchanged, dropped, or used in the private store, NPC Store, or shared withint the account. Can be stored in a private warehouse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Hyperlite said:

where is the 1st part of your post listed?

 

Rune Description: 30-day item. When in inventory, your XP and SP gain is increased by 50%. Cannot be exchanged, dropped, or used in the private store, NPC Store, or shared withint the account. Can be stored in a private warehouse.

He didn't say it's listed somewhere. He said that this is common knowledge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dhol said:

He didn't say it's listed somewhere. He said that this is common knowledge.

if it isnt listed anywhere how is it common knowledge? thats a pretty ignorant response.

 

edit: as i said, where is it listed. from what i've gathered it isnt. common knowledge isnt an excuse when your selling an item for 40-some bucks a pop. it should be explicit on what it counts towards and what it doesnt.

Edited by Hyperlite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hyperlite said:

if it isnt listed anywhere how is it common knowledge? thats a pretty ignorant response.

It's a common knowledge because it has been tested and spread around. That's exactly what common knowledge is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hyperlite said:

if it isnt listed anywhere how is it common knowledge? thats a pretty ignorant response.

The first XP boost that was added to the game was the Vitality System. It was leveled, so the more vitality you had the higher the XP boost (later this was heavily abused by promoting vitality saving and vitality replenishing event items). Back then we did not have XP scrolls, so people tested monsters, raid bosses, quests and fishing and found out that the boost only works on hunting monsters/raids where the killed monster gives the XP (distinction regarding certain solo instances where you kill the raid, get 0 XP/SP for the kill and after that get an XP/SP reward that does not require any quest).

All boosts added since then have been working the same way as vitality does. The thing is, these things have been initially tested so long ago that by now pretty much everyone 'just knows' how the system works.

Something that I personally hate NCw for is their +50% XP/SP weeks after major updates, that also only affect XP gained from monster hunting.

Aside from that, you cannot use drop rate boosts (VIP, runes, event buffs etc.) to increase fishing success chance or to improve rewards. The drop rate boosts also have no effect on obtaining quest items, regardless if the quest is one-time, repeatable, daily or w/e.

Edited by Devoid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hyperlite said:

cool, give some links where ncsoft did this.

lol whoosh.. common knowledge to the community dude, if you're mad about the tooltip then put in a support ticket. The only thing people here can do is tell you the answer to your question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Devoid said:

The first XP boost that was added to the game was the Vitality System. It was leveled, so the more vitality you had the higher the XP boost (later this was heavily abused by promoting vitality saving and vitality replenishing event items). Back then we did not have XP scrolls, so people tested monsters, raid bosses, quests and fishing and found out that the boost only works on hunting monsters/raids where the killed monster gives the XP (distinction regarding certain solo instances where you kill the raid, get 0 XP/SP for the kill and after that get an XP/SP reward that does not require any quest).

All boosts added since then have been working the same way as vitality does. The thing is, these things have been initially tested so long ago that by now pretty much everyone 'just knows' how the system works.

Something that I personally hate NCw for is their +50% XP/SP weeks after major updates, that also only affect XP gained from monster hunting.

Aside from that, you cannot use drop rate boosts (VIP, runes, event buffs etc.) to increase fishing success chance or to improve rewards. The drop rate boosts also have no effect on obtaining quest items, regardless if the quest is one-time, repeatable, daily or w/e.

thank you for the response. ive played since prelude and am very familiar with the vitality system as well as the history of xp/vit/sp items etc. 1 thing I never did was fish, nor did i troll the forums for hours on end reading every single post that people made.

the old forums are long gone and all info there has been removed, so there was nowhere to search for if this was tested.the black friday event page listed nothing in regards to the rune not working for fishing.

with that said, it is what it is. ill file a ticket to have the box closed and replaced. if they dont do that, i wont buy runes anymore so no big deal.

 

18 minutes ago, Eurytos said:

lol whoosh.. common knowledge to the community dude, if you're mad about the tooltip then put in a support ticket. The only thing people here can do is tell you the answer to your question.

half of the classic server population comes from illegal servers who never played retail. another large portion never come to the forums. the tool tip incorrectly states xp/sp gain. the event page never references that the rune doesnt affect fishing xp/sp or other specific xp/sp sources. the old forums are gone so searching for info or tests is not possible.

 

unsure why you think i am "mad". i stated an issue that I encountered and the only person who actually responded with useful information was Devoid. aside form that, people did not answer the question because they gave no link or source to go with their "common knowledge" answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2018 at 8:16 AM, Hyperlite said:

half of the classic server population comes from illegal servers who never played retail. another large portion never come to the forums. the tool tip incorrectly states xp/sp gain. the event page never references that the rune doesnt affect fishing xp/sp or other specific xp/sp sources. the old forums are gone so searching for info or tests is not possible.

 

unsure why you think i am "mad". i stated an issue that I encountered and the only person who actually responded with useful information was Devoid. aside form that, people did not answer the question because they gave no link or source to go with their "common knowledge" answer.

It's common knowledge because a lot of players know about it, everybody who purchased the launch pack got a 30 day rune and it worked the exact same way as this one, in that it only effected hunting.

Whether people come from illegal servers or come to the forum is irrelevant, ask the question in a world shout and you'll get an answer because a lot of people know from observation.

The reason I think you're mad is because you called somebody ignorant and got defensive, change my mind if you want to but right now you still seem defensive.

Edited by Eurytos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...