So what exactly is the level cap for players?

Dog

First they told us lvl 70 was the cap for players, but that seems to be a lie.  We were then told "content" is capped at 70 (probably a lie as well) but that you can continue getting XP until the level difference penalty is reached.  But what if, theoretically, someone saved up 100+ dimensional blessings or thousands of super xp scrolls (not likely, but theoretically) would someone be able to achieve an even higher level once "xp level difference penalty is reached"?  I can't imagine what their answer/excuse will be once A grade stuff starts to appear.

I'm really tired of them giving us false information over and over and over about nearly everything. They also said they'd be updating us with more info with these last patch notes, but that didn't happen.  Can we get a straight answer for once?  What is the current PLAYER level cap?  

Juji's quote from the other thread for reference:

Apologies for the delayed reply. The game is currently content capped at level 70, but you can continue to progress through until the XP level difference penalty is reached. We are verifying additional details and will clarify them in another post and the patch notes as soon as we can.

1 hour ago, Shakedown said:

It's 70. I'm pretty sure the lvl 71 was photoshopped.

Could be wrong...

How someone decide thing like this. Just shoot *****? Yes there is char 71 on Talking Island. Probably there is no cap and there are raids 75 lvl giving ~175m Exp, so calculate it by yourself.

5 hours ago, Hyperlite said:

there probably isnt a hard cap, just like retail.

In Korea, with the recent 'one-click-class-change' update, the level cap was raised from level 85 (and 100%) to level 90 (and 100%), with the weapon/armor mastery passives extended to level 90. Since we are on the international build, which is one major update behind, our level cap should be 85 (and 100%). This means you can accumulate the XP needed to become level 86, but you cannot become level 86 until the next major update.

I know we will not get an answer as it allows them to change things as needed. But i would also like an answer as to the lvl cap. We do not want a sideways answer we want a exact number as to the lvl cap.    Also tell us if we will soon be seeing A grade mats dropping as there are higher lvl mobs in game currently that drop A grade mats. you need to start giving exact answers and stop sidesteping things please.

4 hours ago, stomper said:

I know we will not get an answer as it allows them to change things as needed. But i would also like an answer as to the lvl cap. We do not want a sideways answer we want a exact number as to the lvl cap.    Also tell us if we will soon be seeing A grade mats dropping as there are higher lvl mobs in game currently that drop A grade mats. you need to start giving exact answers and stop sidesteping things please.

As I said above, Priest raids are up, if you don't know - https://l2wiki.com/classic/Angel_Priest_of_Baium for example.

I just don’t understand why it’s so difficult to get an answer to a very simple question.  Is it that hard for them to know the level cap...?  This makes no sense.  They also say content capped at 70 but there are monsters above 70.  This is mind boggling.

Archived