Anyone else get banned for no reason?

Tried logging into my main account last Wednesday after maintenance and it said the account has been locked due to suspicious activity. After emailing back and forth with the appeals team they are trying to tell me that my account has been detected using 3rd party software, which is total BS. I've been playing legit since server launch yet all these bots and adena spammers are running around no problem and I get banned for playing fair. I have a Nostromo which is a game pad that uses macros just like any other gaming mouse or keyboard does, that's the only thing I can think of that maybe they are considering 3rd party software. I've been using this Nostromo for years ever since original L2 in 2004 and have never had any issues. Very disappointing. So be careful if you have a keyboard or mouse that uses macros because they might ban you for it.

3 hours ago, DoctorManhattan said:

Tried logging into my main account last Wednesday after maintenance and it said the account has been locked due to suspicious activity. After emailing back and forth with the appeals team they are trying to tell me that my account has been detected using 3rd party software, which is total BS. I've been playing legit since server launch yet all these bots and adena spammers are running around no problem and I get banned for playing fair. I have a Nostromo which is a game pad that uses macros just like any other gaming mouse or keyboard does, that's the only thing I can think of that maybe they are considering 3rd party software. I've been using this Nostromo for years ever since original L2 in 2004 and have never had any issues. Very disappointing. So be careful if you have a keyboard or mouse that uses macros because they might ban you for it.

that happened extacly the same for my friend who is playing l2 first time ? and the worst thing they bann you not telling anything just 3rd software program . Its  good that it was jus 27 lvl char box so he is again leveling up new same char if again happens like this he will quit for sure .

4 hours ago, DoctorManhattan said:

Even if you use nostromo, but you are afk while doing so, it's considered 3rd party software usage. How NC find out about you beeing afk is another questions and a mystery to us, the players.

11 hours ago, Sun40 said:

Even if you use nostromo, but you are afk while doing so, it's considered 3rd party software usage. How NC find out about you beeing afk is another questions and a mystery to us, the players.

that's the thing tho I wasn't even afk while using it. All I used it for was to spam left click so I could use my 50+ reccomendations on my buffer lol messed up

12 hours ago, apollo20 said:

that happened extacly the same for my friend who is playing l2 first time ? and the worst thing they bann you not telling anything just 3rd software program . Its  good that it was jus 27 lvl char box so he is again leveling up new same char if again happens like this he will quit for sure .

yeah exactly all they will say is 3rd party software they won't give any details whatsoever and I have been playing legit since the start haven't even thought about using a bot so it's like wtf

even worse; once you receive the mail that your account has been locked, you have to answer some questions.

They dont read the answers, it took me 3 days or cursing and fowl language to get ym account re-opened. its just sad that everyone can ban someone who they dont like. i was afk out of town during lunch. ban hammer

To be honest for the most time I too thought that there is no unfair bans, that all the cryin on forums is just ppl who cheated tryin to soften NC devs up. And then, I got banned too. Exactly just like you. I run duo, main + box SE, thought i might need a prophet in the future so i started leveling one, dropped some mage stuff and adena on new toon, dragged my SE for recharge and within few hours was closing on 19sh level. Then I did one mistake of leaving my fresh toon on spawn spot, western region TI to be exact, left my SE in town cus of laziness and went shopping, when I came back my SE was still in TI and the client with new toon was closed. Thats weird I thought, guess its just crashed, but then i got the message that the account was blocked due to suspicious activity. WHAT suspicious activity?!! Seriously the toon was left on spawn spot the worst thing that could happen to it is to be killed by someone or something. The only thing that comes to my mind is that it must have been reported using bot button, the captcha popped up while I was away and there you go, a ban. Funny thing is I dont even know how the captcha looks like, I heard about it obviously, but since I only run main+ one box all the time I have never been reported I guess. Of course, I wrote to NC explaining what happened, that was few days ago, and ...nothing, no reply on my ticket, zero, null. So it looks like I lost some adena and 6h of my life, which is not that bad, if this happened on my main I would just quit. So yeh, clearly bot button abuse or some other faulty ban system malfunction, no idea.

3 hours ago, Grimsby said:

Then I did one mistake of leaving my fresh toon on spawn spot, western region TI to be exact,

I bet it has nothing to do with leaving your char in the field, and everything to do with it being on a new account, with either a 01/01-like birth date or similarly "suspicious" email.

7 minutes ago, Krissa said:

I bet it has nothing to do with leaving your char in the field, and everything to do with it being on a new account, with either a 01/01-like birth date or similarly "suspicious" email.

well, all my NC accounts are legit in a way of true dates, addresses etc etc, sure some of them look similar, like i use same name with different email providers like for example grimsby@gmail.com, grimsby@hayoo.com grimsby@whatever.com. You think that has something to do with it ? 

Archived