Corporate greed, and why these servers wont last for long

Glock

Hello all, I started playing on launch day, filled with excitement like most of you, to relive the old days of L2 when I was a young school boy coming after class just to play with my friends my favorite game. Alas, this is not what I was expecting, purposely reducing rates to push shop items for revenue, making some classes unplayable. Making stupid events to get Top D weapons just to kindle the spark for people to play here, selling and making events for EXP/SP scrolls just to compensate for messed up rates and money. Letting bots run wild around the server, letting use x3 box accounts and play on as many computers as u have. Servers have become just a mindless grind experience with no real players, just one guy controlling x3 boxes and solo grinding with them, half of the classes became obsolete like buffs, healers, spoilers, warsmiths.

In my opinion, this is just a money grab to fund upcoming aion and l2 mobile games, which will be an even bigger money grab since mobile games are purely concentrated on microtransactions.

Even the forum community equivalent to nuclear meltdown core. 90% of the posts are only about how the game is flawed, no actual community concerning the game, discussing the attributes and exchanging experience of the game. Even the old L2 lore web has been deleted without notice and any copied data, just to show how much the devs "care" about this game.

I quit this joke of a server more than a month back. had accumulated more over 5kk on first months, and even tried making events like these ~~~~1st event LMS~~~~ ~~~~2nd event LMS~~~~

Winners were posted here ~~~~1st LMS winners~~~~ ~~~~2nd LMS winners~~~~

I've posted threads on forums, wold shouted at the server, went to l2 classic discord server to post about the events, but most of what we could get 3 people to join the events, although prizes were from 100k to 500k.

It just shows how dead the community is and the forum is just alive with the complaints of players who still expect something of this joke of a server.

Anyways it's just my thoughts.

4 hours ago, Glock said:

I quit this joke of a server more than a month back. had accumulated more over 5kk on first month

You quit more than a month ago. Today you are yet creeping the forums.  Sounds like a personal Vendeta.   If you don't like a game , you quit and move on.  Yet you are still here ....  hypocrite!!  

8 minutes ago, InTheGame said:

Where is better?

Depends on what exactly you are looking for. Considering you posted in Classic section, I assume you want Classic. That means China region is out of question, for they do not have classic servers.

The next question is, F2P or P2P? If F2P, then RU/EU regions are out of question.

The next question is, CP (and/or box) standard classic or SOLO play classic? If the latter, Korea->Aden is your only choice for now.
If the former, choose from NA/JP/TW (F2P) and KR/RU/EU (P2P).

7 hours ago, Glock said:

In my opinion, this is just a money grab to fund upcoming aion and l2 mobile games, which will be an even bigger money grab since mobile games are purely concentrated on microtransactions.

You are absolutely right my friend. This actually opened my eyes and everything makes sense now.

Let's be honest guys, Lineage 2 is an old game with old fans. Nowadays, mobile games is where all the money is at. It's not cost-effective for NCSoft to invest in a game whose fans age together with it. Most of their playerbase is over 25 years old and, frankly, most of them are no-lifers (a.k.a. bots). Ambitious and intelligent people move on with their lives and spend their free time more productively, instead of fighting with the money-making machine NCSoft has created.

I stopped playing this game a month ago because my friends (who are more experienced) noticed a flaw and decided it's not worth it. I only visit the forums to find out if the server is going to get any better to convince my friends to come back. But I absolutely agree with OP and realise now that the server is not gonna get any better. This was NCSoft's plan all along, to squeeze the last dollar out of the no-lifers (a.k.a. bots).

Thank you for reading.

10 hours ago, Eternal said:

You quit more than a month ago. Today you are yet creeping the forums.  Sounds like a personal Vendeta.   If you don't like a game , you quit and move on.  Yet you are still here ....  hypocrite!!  

I love the game, one of my favourites, i just decited to post this about ncwest's greed since they litterally sold out for a quick revenue, as just want people opinions on the matter.

6 hours ago, Grimblee said:

I'm sick of these kind of post, why don't you just stop playing and shut up ?

Well if u like playing on a server that uses players for $ like cows for milk and gives u absolute crap in exchange be my guest good game to you. Oh and if ur tired of these posts just use ur own advice and dont read these posts. Simple isnt it?

2 minutes ago, Glock said:

I love the game, one of my favourites, i just decited to post this about ncwest's greed since they litterally sold out for a quick revenue, as just want people opinions on the matter.

Well if u like playing on a server that uses players for $ like cows for milk and gives u absolute crap in exchange be my guest good game to you. Oh and if ur tired of these posts just use ur own advice and dont read these posts. Simple isnt it?

Well I don't like it but from all the posts that have been posted about it do you think you're gonne make any difference ?

If you don't like it just go boot up your own L2J server.

27 minutes ago, Grimblee said:

Well I don't like it but from all the posts that have been posted about it do you think you're gonne make any difference ?

If you don't like it just go boot up your own L2J server.

The only relation between fail2j and lineage2 is that fail2j was adapted to work with the l2 client. Yea, at its inception they wanted to emulate, but that part was shut down very quickly. Ever since C2 it was a MMO created by a team of developers that adapted it to work with L2 client (poorly by the way) and incorporated some (nowhere near even 80%) of the L2 assets (e.g. items, skills, quests) into their MMO (see my point - it's not Lineage 2; everything, including the most gameplay-centric fundamentals like the 'attack' action works completely differently).

But then again, people only care about pixels, so if you took a WoW server and put a proxy that would somehow convert WoW server's communications to something usable by the L2 client, people would be immediately all like 'omg nice L2 illegal server' '100% retail lineage 2 gameplay'. It is 2018 and nothing has changed regarding this.

This all sounds like you are a delusional player who never played L2 in your life. I didn't expect for NCSoft to have put a fix in for all of the problems with the game. I just looked at it as a chance to take what i learned over the years and see what i could do with it from a fresh start. Doing pretty damn well, because i had realistic expectations of the time it would take to level and how hard it would be, also the adena grind. Everyone has the same rates, so don't see a problem there. This is a game you invest years into, not months.

Sounds to me like you are used to WoW's model of ez-mode or thought this version would be easier. Guess you found out.

At the end of the day, every company is about money. This is a F2P game, gotta pay for it somehow. We don't have to pay to play, but sure, there are some perks to paying. I dont want to see this become a P2W fest, but its not that way now and i hope it stays that way.

My Advice, to save your face, is don't post here again, that way you can go out with some credibility.

18 hours ago, Eternal said:

I also like the game but not in its current state ... I would love to see an l2 free of bots/adena sellers .... if you dont complain....nothing will change

5 hours ago, Eternius said:

This all sounds like you are a delusional player who never played L2 in your life. I didn't expect for NCSoft to have put a fix in for all of the problems with the game. I just looked at it as a chance to take what i learned over the years and see what i could do with it from a fresh start. Doing pretty damn well, because i had realistic expectations of the time it would take to level and how hard it would be, also the adena grind. Everyone has the same rates, so don't see a problem there. This is a game you invest years into, not months.

Sounds to me like you are used to WoW's model of ez-mode or thought this version would be easier. Guess you found out.

At the end of the day, every company is about money. This is a F2P game, gotta pay for it somehow. We don't have to pay to play, but sure, there are some perks to paying. I dont want to see this become a P2W fest, but its not that way now and i hope it stays that way.

My Advice, to save your face, is don't post here again, that way you can go out with some credibility.

you can buy adena and buy a license to bot ... thats not p2w ?

5 hours ago, Eternius said:

game to take years? do not make me laugh, the rates of xp are absurdly high I'm tired of giving 5 levels of delevel in my characters, all taking almost level 50 and still grade D without a single penny in each character. the progress must follow according to the level, I can reach the maximum level of grid D, but this is not the essence of this game and will never be, to be hypocritical.

10 hours ago, Eternius said:

This server is a circus and you're one of the clowns defending it!

11 hours ago, Eternius said:

This all sounds like you are a delusional player who never played L2 in your life.

We don't have to pay to play, but sure, there are some perks to paying. I dont want to see this become a P2W fest, but its not that way now and i hope it stays that way.

You’re the one delusional here and  probably havent played L2 on official NCWest servers either ever or in recent years. Take your own advice on saving face and look at the P2W in game shop on F2P Live server or P2W shops of other regions F2P classics, because it’s your future soon.

Cheers

Archived