Any Non-PK way to Grief/Kill Botters?

Tembo

I'm a new player (well, I played around 2004 or something like that, but remember little). I'm actually loving this game when not browsing really bummed out/upset forum posts. I was curious if there are any good classes/abilities I can use to screw over botters for fun? I'd be quite amazed if there's any sympathy towards them from any side, so might as well have some fun.

Can you just mass stun healers? Are there silences/sleeps you can repeat on players?

Thanks, mah dudes.

Short answer: trains + logoff/fake death.
Pros: bot will definitely aggro the train
Cons: works only if the whole area isn't filled with bots (if it is, you can't make a train so the strategy is worthless)

Everything else requires you to deal damage to players. You can only use damaging stuns, bleeds, slows on bots and their summons.

41 minutes ago, Devoid said:

Short answer: trains + logoff/fake death.
Pros: bot will definitely aggro the train
Cons: works only if the whole area isn't filled with bots (if it is, you can't make a train so the strategy is worthless)

Everything else requires you to deal damage to players. You can only use damaging stuns, bleeds, slows on bots and their summons.

Are you really that naïve or just misinformed? Do you know that one can set up a bot so that it does not attack the mobs that follow another player and the bot can even run away and log out if it's being chased by more than 3 mobs? Oh dear... It's 2018 not 2005. 

24 minutes ago, ZAG said:

Are you really that naïve or just misinformed? Do you know that one can set up a bot so that it does not attack the mobs that follow another player and the bot can even run away and log out if it's being chased by more than 3 mobs? Oh dear... It's 2018 not 2005. 

if mobs are social ( which 90% are)  they dont have to hit ur "train" .

7 hours ago, Tembo said:

I'm a new player (well, I played around 2004 or something like that, but remember little). I'm actually loving this game when not browsing really bummed out/upset forum posts. I was curious if there are any good classes/abilities I can use to screw over botters for fun? I'd be quite amazed if there's any sympathy towards them from any side, so might as well have some fun.

Can you just mass stun healers? Are there silences/sleeps you can repeat on players?

Thanks, mah dudes.

i have made a pk lvl 35 to kill bots

12 hours ago, ZAG said:

I know that one *can*, but it does not seem that random bot users *do*. Plus, once a player logs off/fakes death mobs cancel their targets and they will no longer meet the 'follows another player' condition. The whole point of a train is to make sure bot doesn't have much chance to run away after mobs attack.

On the other hand, I have personally seen a bot that was changed to immediately terminate and run the whole bot party to a predefined location immediately after a specific player comes nearby (~2000 units). After I gathered some items from those bots, ofc (yes, it isn't NCw).

In any case, whether bot terminates by moving away and waiting for a manual intervention, or simply by logging off and waiting for a manual intervention, that does clean up the hunting zone.

Yes, it works best with a bunch of social aggro mobs.

Step 1: Grab 8 social aggro mobs from your surrounding, which also the bots do hunt.
Step 2: Run in close circles around the bot.
Step 3: Wait till the bot does eiter attack a mob in your train or the same mob somewhere in the area.
Step 4: The bot will catch aggro of the complete train after a few hits.
Step 5: Be careful... once the Bot is dead, the train will attack you again. Relog or move away far enough.

Unfortunately do bots return automatically to the hunting grounds.
So, if you make the effort to kill 6 bots with theis methode..... the first ones will already have returned.
Just kill the ones that are directly in your way.

because they removed item drop on death, there is nothing you can effectively do to police bots

occasionally you will be able to train and kill them, but the more advanced ones have scripts to auto tap to town, run back and rez and continue.

They are not even there, so you don't cost them any grief and delete your time and exp/adena trying.

In short, until NC does something it's hopeless.

One of the most effective ways to deal with mage bots in low level zones is to PK their summon twice.  You gain Karma (but not a PK count) and will die for it, but they have an 80 minute cooldown on the pet, and without which they will go out of mana within a minute of starting up again.  By killing their pets you increase their downtime by like 400%.  This is what I did in EG and it was well worth 10 deaths to remove the pets from the 5 mage bots who were on top of me.  Made the exp back in just a few mobs per death.

This is wonderful, even despite the cons some of you brought up. I know I'd be "wasting my time" essentially killing the bots, but honestly, that's what I do just playing games in general. Time I enjoy wasting isn't wasted time as they say.

Thanks again for the replies folks :)

On 12/10/2018 at 9:08 AM, FatHips said:

because they removed item drop on death, there is nothing you can effectively do to police bots

When item drop on death was in the game things weren't any different. Oh and for bonus points it was pay to play then and the servers were still packed full of bots. Even the high level l337sauceplayers were actively botting like mad back then.

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, Tembo said:

Thanks, mah dudes.

@Tembo Well Brother, someone post this: https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/9780-found-a-way-to-stop-the-bots-without-kill-them/
I
think it is a very smart choice but remember that some Bots are set to leave the mob if any player takes it by any hit or aggression.
I'll do it later when any Bot stays on my way.

On 11/12/2018 at 2:19 AM, Tembo said:

This is wonderful, even despite the cons some of you brought up. I know I'd be "wasting my time" essentially killing the bots, but honestly, that's what I do just playing games in general. Time I enjoy wasting isn't wasted time as they say.

Thanks again for the replies folks :)

Be a good boy and put your adventures on youtube. You'd get a following from this forum alone! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 9:28 PM, Khania said:

i have made a pk lvl 35 to kill bots

lol my bot killer is now lvl 17, decreased all the karma killing and resureccting

anyway, bots around giran territory, and mitril mines, windy hills and more still alive 

Archived