This idea will end with Bots, hear me!

Khania

ok, make a new raid boss, that kills by one hit, but where is the trick? this RAID BOSS will be in each party of the game, replacing names, this mean

if you have a elpy lvl 1, then around him u will have a elpy boss, with the same name, ELPY

why?

bots plays with next target and + /target monster

this means, soon or late they will target the BOSS and not the normal mob, and they will die

apply this in each area of the game, and no more bots, is impossible for them

What will you do once the bots stop targeting by name, and target by hp total instead?

You can't take out bots with changes to the game or other programs.  They will always find a way around.  The only way to keep the bots at bay is with in game action.  But NC gave up on that early on and will never happen again.

34 minutes ago, DarkWingDuck said:

What will you do once the bots stop targeting by name, and target by hp total instead?

You can't take out bots with changes to the game or other programs.  They will always find a way around.  The only way to keep the bots at bay is with in game action.  But NC gave up on that early on and will never happen again.

then set by HP instead, and put 1000000000000 DEF

same HP, same target name, bots will target them and die, at last, make it, and lets test it

35 minutes ago, DarkWingDuck said:

23 minutes ago, outlaw said:

im laughin with tears.  the only way to stop bots is active GM cleaning them .
PERIOD

if u really think bots target with next target or  /target monster  i dont think u can give any reasonable ideas :D

how ? if you are duping the same monster

5 minutes ago, Ceylon said:

What you're suggesting is basically the first ever 'anti-bot system' that illegal servers implemented to mitigate bots (hidden mobs / objects). Botters learned how to bypass that in ~2005 :)

Next idea?

ok, to understand how to beat the  bots, ill need someone explain here in CODE, how it works, does it checks memory details? lets talk about it, if we want beat bots, first, we need to understand how they work in code, after understand their actions and what they do in code, we can beat them with some filters

5 minutes ago, Khania said:

ok, to understand how to beat the  bots, ill need someone explain here in CODE, how it works, does it checks memory details? lets talk about it, if we want beat bots, first, we need to understand how they work in code, after understand their actions and what they do in code, we can beat them with some filters

u cant beat the bots by ingame modifications. nobody can, regardless of what protection they come up with. Whatever u mention will get bypassed by hours/days.  the one and only way is by active staff member cleaning them . this can be done for 1h/day . just "clean" the popular low lvl zones is already good start. newbies cant even farm on the easy solo zones <40 lvl.   bots are outnumbering the mobs already. EVERY new player is diving into sea full of bots from lvl 15.  the least they can do is just clear the low lvl areas so new players gets somehow good first impressions  of the game . right now low lvl newbies cant even farm/progress because EVERY low lvl spot is overrun by bots. It took me 40 min to kill 10 mobs for my 1st class quest while leveling new char a week ago ...... its insane.

4 minutes ago, Khania said:

You can't.

You need to understand that anything you see, as a human, with your eyes... the bot can see too + probably a lot more things which aren't normally displayed in clients. It only depends on how far the botter is willing to go, or how much effort he's willing to put.

If a botter thinks he can make a profit, well, I think neither us nor NC will be able to tell if he's botting or not. :)

If you can spot a botter, you know the clues, and the likes => that's just a script kiddie who bought some $15 botting software from somewhere. Or a bored hobbyist programmer who didn't have too much time to spare :) These aren't really disrupting anything, and nobody really cares about them.

1 minute ago, outlaw said:

u cant beat the bots by ingame modifications. nobody can, regardless of what protection they come up with. Whatever u mention will get bypassed by hours/days.  the one and only way is by active staff member cleaning them . this can be done for 1h/day . just "clean" the popular low lvl zones is already good start. newbies cant even farm on the easy solo zones <40 lvl.   bots are outnumbering the mobs already. EVERY new player is diving into sea full of bots from lvl 15.  the least they can do is just clear the low lvl areas so new players gets somehow good first impressions  of the game . right now low lvl newbies cant even farm/progress because EVERY low lvl spot is overrun by bots. It took me 40 min to kill 10 mobs for my 1st class quest while leveling new char a week ago ...... its insane.

no, there is a way to bypass it

1) we need to understand the code

2) the problem of bots is they are setted to do automatic things, an human cant do things automatically, and perfectly, they make mistakes, or rest, and have different delays, and a bot cant copy a human style, even if they try to set delays as human, they cant do that

to make them get autobanned, we need to study the code, after study their actions, set new filters, better than the bad report bot system

for example, a human cant be doing the actions for 20 minutes, exactly, perfect, but a bot can

this mean, a bot can instantly target a monster so far, more than the range setted by the /nexttarget

this mean, a bot react at 4000 meters, while a human cant

there is many filters to add to detect bots, and this starts studying how they work

believe me, is possible defeat them, i suggested in blizzard diablo 2 a way to detect bots, and they did a banwave based on what i said, forum was with a lot of botters crying, and restarting again the game

wanna beat the bots? hear me, i know how

1 minute ago, Khania said:

Come on guys, even twitter has a bot detector system that works with IA ( and believe me, twitter bot detector works, 100000 times better than a bot report human buttom )

Just throw a markov chain at it. I bet it will shit itself :)

P.S. You meant to say AI. And yeah, I know, "machine learning" is THE 2018 thing. Trust me, it's just a fad. Not even half of the people promoting it have any idea how to do it. All they know is to use the "hot new library of the month" and shove it into Amazon since no sane person has that many servers just lying around doing nothing... ;)

its just that NCsoft dont want to invest in a *endless* war with bots.  they know its lost from the beginning .  I would do the same if i was them tbh. its just dumping money into oblivion for no real reason.   the most simple,cheapest,easiest,effective way is active GM to hunt em daily

1 minute ago, Zace said:

Lets give them an easy way to de-level right where they farm! Really this is some Einstein level of genius right here :/

i was following and recording many bot parties, they repeat actions, they repeat sessions, and even if them set to change a bit the session, they cant copy human actions

the new system can detect bots, and dont make troubles for legit humans, believe me, is possible defeat them, or at last, low their activity A LOT " 90%" or more

Just now, outlaw said:

its just that NCsoft dont want to invest in a *endless* war with bots.  they know its lost from the beginning .  I would do the same if i was them tbh. its just dumping money into oblivion for no real reason.   the most simple,cheapest,easiest,effective way is active GM to hunt em daily

well, surprise, old blizzard devs, after left from blizzard, made the bots system for diablo 2

believe or not, was what happened, but anyway, the new guys are defeating them, i left from diablo 2 ,to play here, diablo 2 was full of bots, and reduced a lot their activity after my suggestion in forums, we are talking about a lot of reduction, probabbly the guys of that h4ck forum, found a way to beat what said, under another OS, but anyway, i left from that game to play lineage 2 classic

now, im watching the same issue of diablo 2, in L2, in diablo 2 we didnt have a captcha system, but we had delay detectors for example, and more, also, in diablo 2 economy is not truly affected by bots, is different, because u can make games for you and yourfriends and never be with bots

anyway, l2 is a open world game, and bots make a big trouble in economy, then we can reduce their activity with things as diablob 2 has " delay detectors, session activity detector " and more things as that

this is easy, a gamemaster of ncsoft download the bot, study how it works, and write a code to detect their actions, is impossible a human plays 1 hour doing the same actions, but a bot can, and if a bot tryies to modify something to try to play like a human, he cant, because will be recorded in logs sessions, and system will detect and compare the logs sessions with IA, saying " this guy repeated exactly the actions " and the key master, is GMs will set, what parts are compared, or when start and more

but believe me

they can defeat the bots, here is the idea, now they have to write the code, and done

when they test it, u are going to see at last, 90% less bots in the game, or maybe 100% it depends of how they write the code

and the best, no more bot report system buttom and captcha, as old times

Just now, Zace said:

Anyone who's played l2 long enough already knows the answer to the problem, you need a live person hunting bots. But clearly NCsoft is too greedy to fork over the cash to pay someone.

is a way, i agree with that, is the faster way, but watching we are in 2018, lets give an opportunity to the IA

4 minutes ago, outlaw said:

U got it right . THIS is the reason u cant fight bots.  Everything in the binary code is possible and can be bypassed.

well, but, it depends

you fix,

they found

2 months late

you fix

they found

1 year late

you fix

they dont found

5 years late

they dont found

6 years late

they found

you fix it

at last, it gives you TIME, of course is infinite.

8 minutes ago, Ceylon said:

Just throw a markov chain at it. I bet it will shit itself :)

P.S. You meant to say AI. And yeah, I know, "machine learning" is THE 2018 thing. Trust me, it's just a fad. Not even half of the people promoting it have any idea how to do it. All they know is to use the "hot new library of the month" and shove it into Amazon since no sane person has that many servers just lying around doing nothing... ;)

bro, is everything about code

if you try to register on facebook with a weird extension, they just gonna detect it and say " HEY ,VERIFY FIRST YOUR NUM BER " same happens in IPs and more

this is the same, first you study the code of how bots works, and done, you set the filters

4 minutes ago, Khania said:

is a way, i agree with that, is the faster way, but watching we are in 2018, lets give an opportunity to the IA

I don't agree, with AI it needs to be constantly updated because the people making the programs will always find a way around. If you just hire one or two guys to hunt bots the problem is over.

for example, i was today playing 6 hours

we can call this a " log session " to check my activity

probabbly i just only played 2 hours legit, and just been logged in 4 hours

and probabbly of my actions in delay wont repeat so much as a bot session will repeat

and if a bot session will be logged in for 6 hours, probabbly that 6 hours will have activity, not as mine, 6 hours logged in, and just 2 hours doing something

believe me, here is the road to beat bots, or at last " to win a lot of time without them "

Just now, Zace said:

I don't agree, with AI it needs to be constantly updated because the people making the programs will always find a way around. If you just hire one or two guys to hunt bots the problem is over.

of course, but difference will be, ncsoft programmers are getting money and payed for doing that, and black programmers that makes the bot system, wont get anymoney, and their cleints will they " HEY, I HAVE TO BUY IT AGAIN? THEY ARE FIXING IT SO FAST, U ARE STEALING ME MONEY " and done

they just will go to cheat another game, and ncsoft won.

Archived