This idea will end with Bots, hear me!

Khania

2 minutes ago, outlaw said:

u realize there are over 30k if not more chars that are logging daly?

is just a log file

and you can get 20 8tb western digital disk, and will be enough to record all the activity and delete it at the end of the day to safe space

or anyway to write / rewrite the log file without shutdown the server to safe space too, ideas will appear while programmers study bot activity and make the code

3 minutes ago, outlaw said:

u realize there are over 30k if not more chars that are logging daily?
its 100 times cheaper just to pay some1 to clean the bots daily.  its more effective and its not dumping money into nothing

ill totally agree, but i just want to give a chance to something automatically, remember we are a in digital war era, and to win a digital war, we need help of the IA too

think, if ncsoft write this code, they late will sell it to facebook, to twitter, to any place around internet, and GG

no more fake news

just an example ;)

there is a lot of money behind this idea, just starting for fun in a " game " and late, giving it to darpa or whatever u want

anyway we are doing it well, first step is done, this post, and talk about it, spread some ideas and suggestion, and let the Blacks and Whites hats read about it

ofc, white hats ncsoft, black hats the bots makers guys

Good luck

8 minutes ago, Khania said:

of course, but difference will be, ncsoft programmers are getting money and payed for doing that, and black programmers that makes the bot system, wont get anymoney, and their cleints will they " HEY, I HAVE TO BUY IT AGAIN? THEY ARE FIXING IT SO FAST, U ARE STEALING ME MONEY " and done

they just will go to cheat another game, and ncsoft won.

Not sure if you know this but the guy who makes the top bot program charges monthly fees to use it, so they are definitely making money. It's kind of funny the hackers have subscription fees and server doesn't. Just goes to show if your product is good people have no problem to pay :D

Just now, Zace said:

Not sure if you know this but the guy who makes the top bot program charges monthly fees to use it, so they are definitely making money. It's kind of funny the hackers have subscription fees and server doesn't.

you know the difference and why they are black hats, and ncsoft the white hats

ncsoft is a company

they are not a company

ncsoft has a l2store, they deserve it as owners

they dont like that shop, but at the same time, they bot, to open a black underworld shop and they call it " justice " but is not justice, because doing that, they are destroying the legit players in a world open game as this

probabbly  they cant see they are in the wrong side of the life and of the karma, then they think they are " hero's " fighting against the system..

so ridiciolous, this is just a game, but they take it as if this be " Robin hood "

and is not

im sure, if ncsoft read this post, they improve this ideas of this post, and find a solution

and believe me, without a black market, ncsoft salary will increase a lot more

that could be their motivation too if they want.

1 minute ago, Zace said:

Not sure if you know this but the guy who makes the top bot program charges monthly fees to use it, so they are definitely making money. It's kind of funny the hackers have subscription fees and server doesn't.

he dont realize NCsoft "taxing" only their players while bot makers "tax" the whole l2 community on every server out there.

1 minute ago, Zace said:

Not sure if you know this but the guy who makes the top bot program charges monthly fees to use it, so they are definitely making money. It's kind of funny the hackers have subscription fees and server doesn't. Just goes to show if your product is good people have no problem to pay :D

If that's true, then NC Soft/West is absolutely right in their decisions. As in, do nothing, gather a big list of said 'top guy''s customers, mitigate at a later date to punish as many 'unwelcome' people as possible :) 

In other words, look at valve and their tf2 and cs:go, that's anti-bot done right. You don't hire a GM to pick and choose who to ban. You unleash ban waves.

And if memory serves right, we'd go for months, like 6 or 9 months, for VAC waves to hit.

And how old is this server, 1 month? :)

Just now, Ceylon said:

In other words, look at valve and their tf2 and cs:go, that's anti-bot done right. You don't hire a GM to pick and choose who to ban. You unleash ban waves.

And if memory serves right, we'd go for months, like 6 or 9 months, for VAC waves to hit.

And how old is this server, 1 month? :)

So play for 6-9 months and then half server gets banned on the same day and server dies :D

Just now, Zace said:

So play for 6-9 months and then half server gets banned on the same day and server dies :D

Lol don't 'server dies' me. :))

One thing I learned in my lifetime from playing mmorpgs and other online games, is there are always a bunch of 'server die', 'game ded' etc. people, even from launch day. And every time, the games are doing just fine :)

Truthfully, the way L2 is designed, it's really hard to kill a server. I've seen p.rivate servers surviving with just 30 active people, still playable. My first ever server had ~300 maybe 400 at peak hours, and we did just fine. This game is highly resilient, there's always something to do.

Did a bot party just take over your farming spot? Fire up l2wiki look what other mobs around your range drop something nice => move.

But, given the example, I didn't notice tf2 or cs:go ever dying because of 'rampant cheating' (the way people used to call it). Those games are just slowly aging away, most kids moved to the new shinyi thing, so nobody's left to complain :)

4 minutes ago, Ceylon said:

Lol don't 'server dies' me. :))

One thing I learned in my lifetime from playing mmorpgs and other online games, is there are always a bunch of 'server die', 'game ded' etc. people, even from launch day. And every time, the games are doing just fine :)

Truthfully, the way L2 is designed, it's really hard to kill a server. I've seen p.rivate servers surviving with just 30 active people, still playable. My first ever server had ~300 maybe 400 at peak hours, and we did just fine. This game is highly resilient, there's always something to do.

Did a bot party just take over your farming spot? Fire up l2wiki look what other mobs around your range drop something nice => move.

But, given the example, I didn't notice tf2 or cs:go ever dying because of 'rampant cheating' (the way people used to call it). Those games are just slowly aging away, most kids moved to the new shinyi thing, so nobody's left to complain :)

You're comparing FPS games to an MMO, like really dude. And no I'm still farming EV freely, I did see a bot party of ponies here for the first time today though so they're getting more ballsy. Also how do you do sieges with 30 active ppl? I mean if you just wanna stand around and roleplay it's fine.

1 minute ago, Zace said:

You're comparing FPS games to an MMO, like really dude. And no I'm still farming EV freely, I did see a bot party of ponies here for the first time today though so they're getting more ballsy.

But you can't just call thoes FPS, it doesn't really fit into description, it's a different breed and we were talking about this whole server vs bots/cheaters wars :)

Anyway, https://xkcd.com/386/ I kinda got carried away.

I'll go back to lvl-ing my mage now :)

10 minutes ago, Zace said:

Also how do you do sieges with 30 active ppl? I mean if you just wanna stand around and roleplay it's fine.

Half the time sit on stairs in giran and try to find that 1 or 2 guys who just joined the server, the other half is endless pvp and 'just let me try this new thing I came up with on you pls' :)

Sieges are fine, we had the admin spawn some 500 or so guards (right on top of us), when we tried to take Dion, and then the server crashed and we did Antharas, near Giran's gate :D

3 minutes ago, Ceylon said:

Sieges are fine, we had the admin spawn some 500 or so guards (right on top of us), when we tried to take Dion, and then the server crashed and we did Antharas, near Giran's gate :D

Yikes. I guess our standards are just drastically different, to me that is far from "fine".

12 hours ago, Khania said:

ok, make a new raid boss, that kills by one hit, but where is the trick? this RAID BOSS will be in each party of the game, replacing names, this mean

if you have a elpy lvl 1, then around him u will have a elpy boss, with the same name, ELPY

why?

bots plays with next target and + /target monster

this means, soon or late they will target the BOSS and not the normal mob, and they will die

apply this in each area of the game, and no more bots, is impossible for them

That's not how good bot softwares work. They don't search mobs by their 'names' but by NPC ID's. They even pick up items by the ID and not the name. 

10 hours ago, Khania said:

and believe me, without a black market, ncsoft salary will increase a lot more

This is pure speculation. Business owners dislike far-fetched claims with NOTHING provided to back them up.

Plus, they are running P2W servers and the only way to buy the newest-shiniest-best-in-paperdoll-slot items is directly from them. Bots can earn adena, but adena cannot be used to buy these items. The price of these items then becomes directly dependent on how many people are buying those P2W items to convert them to adena rather than use them.

In other words, the amount of adena botmasters generate will not affect the value of the p2w items (only the price) - the more adena in the game, the higher the absolute adena price will be - AND THEREFORE more people will rather buy from NC than with adena (hence, less need to buy adena from bots).

NC is clearly a winner, no matter if there are many bots, there are few bots or there are none. No matter what happens to the bots, NC remains on the clear winning side, always.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 10:24 PM, outlaw said:

u realize there are over 30k if not more chars that are logging daily?
its 100 times cheaper just to pay some1 to clean the bots daily.  its more effective and its not dumping money into nothing

is not supposed to be considered as a service 

botters should be erased of the game, stop trying to protect them and creating a service to pk them

are you light?

Archived