New Player, few questions

iKara

Hello guys

After last few years playing Aion, i became bored and willing to try new experiences. I created a few toons. It's a fine game. But i have some questions.

(please, keep in mind that i don't wanna know if it's a dead game, or if the game is p2w, or if i show try another one instead of l2)

1 - Is Crafting useful? i suppose (in part) that like in Aion, the p2w system killed the real useful crafting, but is still worth spent some time crafting? Is crafting restrict to dwalf race?

2 - I like to dps, but i like survival/ support aswell. wich l2 class fit me better? the names are so confusing xD

3 - Is there soloable content before 85? reading the forums, seems like there's a lot of elitist players who don't like to carry/ teach newbies

4 - Any skill guide around? the toons i leveled so far have a lot of skills, but not all of them seems useful. I'm not sure if sp is limited.

[EDIT] 5 - what the hell is vitality and how it affects my gameplay?

Well, this is all i can remember atm. sorry for my poor english and thank you all who waste time to read my post

Hi!

I can share my observations from this game in general:

1. Crafting is only for tyrr maestro class (dwarfs). Profitable for this game is the enchanting - for this - dwarf spoiler (+3 luc passive skill).

2. It depends how long you want to survive:) Ertheia eviscerator has a skill called steel mind - cannot be killed and deal huge dps for.. 30-60 seconds - then it's over ;) Well.. not over but in this case one Tyrr Grand Khavatari  if has the same items like the evi - do overall more dps because tyrr has some pretty nice support self buffs. Both hit with fists weapon. But wear leather and are fragile.

Tyrr Titan  - very good survivability, use Heavy armor, can do a lot damage and can tank sometimes (support as well)

Yul Archer - better Dark Elf because of the damage overall. Uses leather set BUT hit from distance and has nice escape skills(jumps). Do a lot AOE damage especially after some changes that ncsoft did in the game..

Feoh - very nice skill on 101 , very preferable in parties (like the archer) because of the aoe damage but only if you have the correct build for it. Robe set - very fragile.

3. I didn't understand your question

4.If your char is 85+ you need to learn all skills - SP is enough believe me. And have in mind that some pre awakening skills will be unlearned so read what you are about to unlearn with the new skills ;) Sometimes there're useful old skills that you should keep. But depends what you're about to play.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, iKara said:

Hello guys

1 - the way isee it today - not useful. at all. maybe it is useful to craft divine protection elixirs if you play support, or "craft" cream fish stews for money. nothing else.

2 - take tank or iss. pal/bd/pp

3 - if I remember correctly, content for 94 and lower mostly soloable. not even mention pre-awakened one.

4 - pretty much unlimited + there're no skills which exclude/remove others upon enchantment

5 - it is some sort of an obstacle for you to go for an exping w/o paying the company for VP boost items; and guys of good equipment would rather stay inside a peace zone than go with you for an exp. w/o that VP maintaining items. If you can pay - this system allows you to x2 your exping efforts.

1. There's common craft and dwarven craft. Common craft is a skill every race has and it's pretty limited. Dwarven craft is not very rewarding these days.

2. I'd suggest some sort of a damage dealer instead of support for the sole purpose of getting your quests done fast. Once you get used to the game you'll be able to make an informed choice on your own.

3. There are things to do below 85 but it's a waste of time. Just focus on your xp quests.

4. If you're below 85 it doesn't matter. After awakening you learn completely different skills and the old ones are removed. However, you might want to look into it further since some pre-awakening skills are worth keeping.

5. Vitality is a 200% xp bonus. To put it simply, by killing mobs you lose vitality. Once you're out of vitality points, the xp bonus is no longer applied. You can maintain or replenish it with various items, most of which come from the L2Store.

Hello mate, good to hear you are interested in Lineage2, I understand you are bored of other games and want something fresh. L2 can provide you such experience, but remember that, do not go ZEALOT mode and spend money at start. You have played another NCsoft game so you know how P2W mech works. So ... 

1. In order for you to be able to craft you need a TYRR MAESTRO, fun casual class, you need to learn recipes and then you can either craft items yourself or open a Private Workshop so other players can pay you money for the craft service you provide. If you do a deeper research, it will take you time, but you will understand you can generate adena, still it will not be sufficient to gear up :(

2. For choosing your class consider what you rly like, race, class, looks, playstyle! Tyrr Titan is self sufficient, has good self buffs and high dps, if well geared he is rly fun to play. Othell class is basically a Rogue, fun to play, good dps,Yul Archers are also pretty good etc etc.. IMO most important is what do you rly want? If you want to be able to find party and play with others, TANK IS THE MOST needed class, in global shouts you can see ppl are Looking for tanks 24/7 both for PVP and PVE so you have a great way to explore the game content! Research the Sigel - Eva's Templar/Shilient Templar/Phoenix Knight - seems these 3 are viable atm! 

3. IMO don't waste time before 85, try to get as fast as possible to 99, get descent gear and start LF party, try to find people to play with! 

4. Most of the guides you can find on the web are outdated, because of all the updates and changes to the game, so the best you can do is to choose a class and read the forum, should you need any more information do not hesitate and ask all your questions, people will try to help you out! 

1 hour ago, Dargor said:

5. Vitality is a 200% xp bonus. To put it simply, by killing mobs you lose vitality. Once you're out of vitality points, the xp bonus is no longer applied. You can maintain or replenish it with various items, most of which come from the L2Store.

My opinion - invest some time in playing Sigel class, good overall character, not that expensive to gear, you can use cheap R weapon with 2 SA's at start, you will need descent armor and jewels so you can tank the dps, When you progress Bloody or Dark armors will get pricy, but still you can keep a simpler weapon and not so expensive jewels. Sigel class will provide you with much needed knowledge how game works, how party play works, will show you instances and xp spots and most important, if you like it, you can invest more time and money and find a good constant party to play with.

Look for Info here - https://l2wiki.com/Classes_in_Lineage_2

Cheers mate! 

23 hours ago, Vassy said:

Tyrr Titan  - very good survivability, use Heavy armor, can do a lot damage and can tank sometimes (support as well)

Humm. i think i should have a try on this one

15 hours ago, Dargor said:

1. There's common craft and dwarven craft. Common craft is a skill every race has and it's pretty limited. Dwarven craft is not very rewarding these days.

2. I'd suggest some sort of a damage dealer instead of support for the sole purpose of getting your quests done fast. Once you get used to the game you'll be able to make an informed choice on your own.

3. There are things to do below 85 but it's a waste of time. Just focus on your xp quests.

4. If you're below 85 it doesn't matter. After awakening you learn completely different skills and the old ones are removed. However, you might want to look into it further since some pre-awakening skills are worth keeping.

Thanks for the advice. Seems like most of the "fase one" (lv 1 ~85) is the same in Aion. Old content got outdated and leveling process got fast. 

Actually, Vitality looks alike Aion's Energy of Repose. Limited XP bonus :(

14 hours ago, Argus said:

Hello mate, good to hear you are interested in Lineage2, I understand you are bored of other games and want something fresh. L2 can provide you such experience, but remember that, do not go ZEALOT mode and spend money at start. You have played another NCsoft game so you know how P2W mech works. So ... 

1. In order for you to be able to craft you need a TYRR MAESTRO, fun casual class, you need to learn recipes and then you can either craft items yourself or open a Private Workshop so other players can pay you money for the craft service you provide. If you do a deeper research, it will take you time, but you will understand you can generate adena, still it will not be sufficient to gear up :(

2. For choosing your class consider what you rly like, race, class, looks, playstyle! Tyrr Titan is self sufficient, has good self buffs and high dps, if well geared he is rly fun to play. Othell class is basically a Rogue, fun to play, good dps,Yul Archers are also pretty good etc etc.. IMO most important is what do you rly want? If you want to be able to find party and play with others, TANK IS THE MOST needed class, in global shouts you can see ppl are Looking for tanks 24/7 both for PVP and PVE so you have a great way to explore the game content! Research the Sigel - Eva's Templar/Shilient Templar/Phoenix Knight - seems these 3 are viable atm! 

3. IMO don't waste time before 85, try to get as fast as possible to 99, get descent gear and start LF party, try to find people to play with! 

4. Most of the guides you can find on the web are outdated, because of all the updates and changes to the game, so the best you can do is to choose a class and read the forum, should you need any more information do not hesitate and ask all your questions, people will try to help you out! 

My opinion - invest some time in playing Sigel class, good overall character, not that expensive to gear, you can use cheap R weapon with 2 SA's at start, you will need descent armor and jewels so you can tank the dps, When you progress Bloody or Dark armors will get pricy, but still you can keep a simpler weapon and not so expensive jewels. Sigel class will provide you with much needed knowledge how game works, how party play works, will show you instances and xp spots and most important, if you like it, you can invest more time and money and find a good constant party to play with.

Look for Info here - https://l2wiki.com/Classes_in_Lineage_2

Cheers mate! 

Tank is not a easy class to play. At last in the games i played, but i think i should have a try. 

Oh, i never spent cash until i feel safe and confident with the game. Unfortunately, nc is turning even more p2w. Soon or late, we have to open our wallet.

Well, thank you all for your answers. It was pretty insightful. I hope i can catch up late game contents soon, even through the language barrier

Archived