Recovering broken weapons in OE

Nostradamus

how can you make a honest mistake when you need to confirm that you accepting the risk of breaking it. and what if you enchant item by sending to new account every few weeks,100% success,I really hope its not true cause its nonsense.

Is this someone trying to troll support by being spammed by all those requests? ^^

Based on the support tickets I've seen that people posted.. its not that you get one freebie. Its that people stated they did not understand the +4 enchant differences from different versions of the game. With that being the claim they were given the item back and told they should now understand how it works. I would not expect this lie to continue to work for much longer. People know how it works, and they know that. I assume they are just trying to be nice because this community here is toxic and not constructive whatsoever. I'm sure they are sick and tired of it already. 

OPs claim is also just incorrect. It was never once per weapon, It was once per account. 

22 minutes ago, SinnS said:

Based on the support tickets I've seen that people posted.. its not that you get one freebie. Its that people stated they did not understand the +4 enchant differences from different versions of the game. With that being the claim they were given the item back and told they should now understand how it works. I would not expect this lie to continue to work for much longer. People know how it works, and they know that. I assume they are just trying to be nice because this community here is toxic and not constructive whatsoever. I'm sure they are sick and tired of it already. 

OPs claim is also just incorrect. It was never once per weapon, It was once per account. 

From experience, NC will restore a weapon only once per account/associated account. So technically you can enchant, enchant, enchant, blow up, restore on your own account. Then sell the item to someone, and if they try to enchant the weapon and it fails, they should be able to claim their own one-time restoration. NC will likely check if the accounts are associated through payment information or other details.

Also you likely use any excuse under the sun, as it seems everyone is entitled to one restoration.

37 minutes ago, Mok said:

From experience, NC will restore a weapon only once per account/associated account. So technically you can enchant, enchant, enchant, blow up, restore on your own account. Then sell the item to someone, and if they try to enchant the weapon and it fails, they should be able to claim their own one-time restoration. NC will likely check if the accounts are associated through payment information or other details.

Also you likely use any excuse under the sun, as it seems everyone is entitled to one restoration.

Good to know!

Can you imagine if the manpower that is used to read, verify, reply and take action for these people who "accidently" over-enchanted their weapons and they broke was simply re-assigned to one GM porting to the common spots within the game daily and banning the hundreds if not thousands of blatant botters? 

Obviously I cannot know what exact criteria they verify and go through before granting this one time per account respite to players but I assume it would be quite time consuming.  With a free to play model you can make unlimited number of accounts with no payment information associated to tie them together.  Perhaps they should address this policy of restoration under their free to play model as they did their Adena rates. 

• L2 Team

Our policies do allow for reversing certain instances of players accidentally selling items to NPCs, accidentally crystallizing, or accidental deletion. Our policies do differ between Classic and Live Servers and all investigations are on a case-by-case basis.

There have been instances where agents have applied policies from the Live service to Classic, and that is not supposed to happen. The cases described here sound like just that. We've updated our policies to prevent such issues going forward.

27 minutes ago, Juji said:

Our policies do allow for reversing certain instances of players accidentally selling items to NPCs, accidentally crystallizing, or accidental deletion. Our policies do differ between Classic and Live Servers and all investigations are on a case-by-case basis.

There have been instances where agents have applied policies from the Live service to Classic, and that is not supposed to happen. The cases described here sound like just that. We've updated our policies to prevent such issues going forward.

You forgot the part where you tell us you're going to make it right and remove the items.

1 hour ago, Juji said:

@Juji If that's the case I want my +6 bow back. You allowed all these others to keep their weapons.

5 hours ago, Juji said:

So you are telling us that people got their weapons back that they blew up? THIS is a whole new level of wrong, GM:s interfering with gameplay and giving some players a huge unfair advantage is the next level of the horrendous support you have for this game.

There is one thing not acting enough, there is something completely different in acting too much. This should be fixed asap.

17 hours ago, Juji said:

I'll start enchanting my Yaksa mace, prepare a yaksa for me please, dunno why refined-solid enchants exists then

On 12/10/2018 at 12:04 PM, Nostradamus said:

Today, It got to my ears that ppl r recovering oe'ed weaps lost in failed oe by open a ticket. That seems to be working once per weap. THIS IS JUST A SHAME TO AN OFFICIAL SERVER. SRSLY!!!

Your orc ears?

Hm...and i already wondered how a guy already made his 2nd +13 weapon, when no RBs that drop EWD have been killed for 2 weeks, claiming he only needed 13 EWD for each (which is as likely as a guitar playing kangaroo). Did those agents falsely apply policies, or did they earn some extra money?

There has already been a thread, asking if there is an enchant exploit. Either i just did not find it or it is gone = it has been erased (probably as this post will be). To get a weapon to +13 you need something like 40 tries in average. 
This official post here makes that thread shine in another light.

Archived