Prelude to War

Yidao

They are trying to put an incentive for PvP into the game. Like for example you can now get the Cursed Swords also when you kill some player character of lvl 95 or above (95레벨 이상 PC), and the additional reward - apart from the Treasure Chests near the Sea of Spores - you get for being the last owner also increases with the level of the buff stage, i.e. the more people you kill, the more adena you get.

Even though you can't kill members of your own clan, the system is open to exploiting. Simply track down a dropped Cursed Sword, then kill members of a friendly clan non-stop and share the adena afterwards :D

• 3 weeks later...

Prepare to lose all 1st 2nd 3rd Job skills :D they all are going to be deleted and replaced by "novice" versions of awakened skills.

Sad but true :( The end of tricks with 3rd Job skills hahaha.

Patch Notes

[Skill] 
1. Classes 1 ~ 85 level with the reorganization of the skill, including a special skill, including a number of skills have been deleted and reorganized. 

Korean Wiki

Below, links to updated korean Wiki about 1-85 Skills, look as they have been simplified:

Edited by ShakaDeVirgem

It's true. In the meantime the detailed patch notes in the Powerwiki are up:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/전란의+서막

Here is the "Skills" section:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/전란의+서막+클래스
As you can see, after the 1st Class Change at lvl 20 for example Warriors get "Novice Armor Destruction" and "Novice Mega Strike", then after the 2nd Class Change at lvl 40 Gladiators get "Novice Sonic Flash" and, as Tyrr Warrior Archtype ""Novice Power Bomber" and so on.

"Prelude to War" is the update with the most fundamental changes to game systems since GoD :)

I personally find it quite impressive how the developers fail to learn from the GoD disaster. In GoD the old classes were streamlined and people didn't like it. Now they are streamlining the classes again. In GoD the Starter Villages lost their starter function and people didn't like it. Now everybody, including the Ertheias, gets born in Gludio:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/전란의+서막+퀘스트

xD

Since the father of l2 left, they tried to destroy his legacy. It is necessary in my view and nothing can stop it. 

I just hope this game will be alive to the end of what it suppose to be, since we got 2 more dragons left to make their debut. 

Edited by dddf

In the "foreword" to the patch notes it says that "in the center of the slowly overturning battlefield new powers are stirring and all gathering in front of destabilized Aden":

894bbbc3b6b2499cff4463f6.jpg
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/전란의+서막

It doesn't say who or what those powers are, but I think if it were Epic Dragons, the developers would first introduce one (like for example the Dragon of Light), and then one or two years later the other. Taking into consideration that we just got Fafurion, those "new powers" might actually be player-run clans. When you look at the new Cursed Sword mechanics, we are clearly moving towards more PvP. Those Kill Points etc. seem to be inspired by the Bloody server.

Edited by Yidao

• 2 weeks later...

Yidao , any changes about balancing the game? As you already know this game is very unbalanced .. where some classes are insane overpowered and other underpowered . There should be some limits .. because one shoting tank full gear it should be impossible in any game .. but in l2 it is ..

The only thing that goes remotely in that direction is that the formula for the reduction of received damage which is used for the calculation of armor set options etc. has been "adjusted"/수정되었다. I assume that this means that damage will be more reduced. But it could also mean that the current damage reduction was considered as excessive. I simply don't know.

Apart from that, Sigel Knights and Iss Enchanters get more P.Atk. with their weapon masteries.

thanks Draecke for the update

to me that is huge update for Exalted quest. As I have been playing on and off for the past 2 years I have not been able to complete the Exalted quest like most players not to mention veterans.

so in light to what will be changed I can find several quests that I really looking forward to.

For Glory Primary serv  Proof of Battle  80 → 10
Befitting of the Status Primary serv  Hair accessories collection target 5 → 1
Confronting a Giant Monster Secondary serv  In addition to the existing mission of the giant cave, Fairy Valley Monster 
 10,000 quests to kill more
For honor Secondary serv  Proof of Battle  100 → 20
Luck Befitting of the Status Secondary serv  If you pay a certain amount of money through the sale  
 100% success.
Helping Others     Secondary serv

Quest mission details Party bonus 15 times → 2 times

Confronting the Greatest Danger Tertiary serv  In addition to the existing mission, the mission to 
 kill 20,000 Fairy Valley or Astatine Refinery Monster
For victory Tertiary serv  In addition to the existing mission, the World or 
 chaos participated in the festival 30 
Step Up to Lead Tertiary serv Take part in raids as a party leader or a command channel leader, get the bonus 30 times - 5 times
Exalted, Reaching Another Level 4th Main
 Added one subquest (new)  to replace existing 4-subquest execution
 Mission: Astatine Refinery, Ivory Tower Crater, Island of Crocodiles, Cannon of Tanor, 
 Monster 80,000
Exalted, Guide to Power 5th Maine
 Added one subquest (new)  to replace existing 4-subquest execution
 Mission: Astatine Refinery, Ivory Tower Crater, Island of Crocodiles, Cannon of Tanor, 
 Monster 80,000

if any mistakes in that table please correct me.

worth noting is that the exalted quest lines also get changed / simplified already in the Fafurion update so the Prelude of War version will be the 3rd version of those quest chains

btw please note that we will not see this update for another 8~10 months and that is if we do indeed get Fafurion in February

15 hours ago, Diver said:

W000t? Not my wiz lvl 2 ;(

well those changes are an obvious win for all non ISS class players as everyone will get more boost from these improved 103+ buffs but it will most likely cause the same drastic changes in ISS population as we saw this update with the Tanks were the top meta tank for both pvp & pve is TK for ISS it will be most likely become 90% PP for the POM combo as Harmonies & Sonatas will be the same for all ISS now..

2 hours ago, Diver said:

80k mobs?

It's indeed 80,000 monsters. What I find good here is that you have a relatively large range of hunting grounds to choose from (Atelia Refinery, upgraded Ivory Tower Crater, upgraded Alligator Island, upgraded Tanor Canyon). Much better than everybody trying to find a spot in the Giants's Caves :)

15 hours ago, Diver said:

W000t? Not my wiz lvl 2 ;(

If you have a Wizard's Harmony lvl 2, the unified Fantasia Harmony you will find in your skill book on update day will also be lvl 2, even though you had only lvl 1 Guardian's and Berserker's Harmony on your Mystic Muse:  스킬의 레벨이 높은 것을 기준으로 통합하였습니다 = the skills will be amalgamated with the highest level being kept:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update/view?articleId=638035
(point 3.1) of the [스킬]/"Skills" section)

37 minutes ago, Yidao said:

If you have a Wizard's Harmony lvl 2, the unified Fantasia Harmony you will find in your skill book on update day will also be lvl 2, even though you had only lvl 1 Guardian's and Berserker's Harmony on your Mystic Muse:  스킬의 레벨이 높은 것을 기준으로 통합하였습니다 = the skills will be amalgamated with the highest level being kept:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update/view?articleId=638035
(point 3.1) of the [스킬]/"Skills" section)

Yidao does this mean that if you have already learned the 103 lvl2 skills those get changed to lvl2 Fantasia Harmony automatically on update day or do you need to learn it ? Obvious reason for asking this is cause it cost a lot of Rune Stones for learning this enhanced harmony..

It doesn't explicitly say so, but since in point 3.2) of the patch notes it says that the highest enchantment value of the old skills carries over to the amalgamated one, I would guess that yes, the melting process is automatic and if you already have a lvl 2 Wizard's Harmony you don't need to learn the lvl 2 Fantasia Harmony yourself.