Jump to content
jaylenkills

Why pk kama so bad

Recommended Posts

jaylenkills    2

Have 12 pks.10000 karma makes no sense need to die around 12 14 times ..lose 1 whole lvl for 1 pk

You will spend 1 week trying to dekarma yourself 

 

Edited by jaylenkills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PegonHoun    4
On 12/17/2018 at 12:55 PM, jaylenkills said:

Have 12 pks.10000 karma makes no sense need to die around 12 14 times ..lose 1 whole lvl for 1 pk

You will spend 1 week trying to dekarma yourself 

 

Because pk is considering "bad" and karma is the punish.

You could find better way to understand each other before PK. Like change your spot.

Somene weeks ago, i was leveling in cruma 2 with my 2 boxes, When suddenly a party came to my room and tried to "steal it"  After 1 hours of "sharing" the room they pked me. I went back and they pked me again.  I went back one more time , and they were tooo red than they have to die about 10-11 times. So. I lost about 5-6 % with vip 4, worth?

I think Pk system is needed. Because without it ppl could abuse from other.

 

Good Luck with the deleveling :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ritoplzz    0
13 hours ago, PegonHoun said:

Because pk is considering "bad" and karma is the punish.

You could find better way to understand each other before PK. Like change your spot.

Somene weeks ago, i was leveling in cruma 2 with my 2 boxes, When suddenly a party came to my room and tried to "steal it"  After 1 hours of "sharing" the room they pked me. I went back and they pked me again.  I went back one more time , and they were tooo red than they have to die about 10-11 times. So. I lost about 5-6 % with vip 4, worth?

I think Pk system is needed. Because without it ppl could abuse from other.

 

Good Luck with the deleveling :D

What if you're in a spot  full of bots? what's your next move smart guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dopaxe    25
31 minutes ago, Ritoplzz said:

What if you're in a spot  full of bots? what's your next move smart guy?

Train them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cally    20
1 hour ago, dopaxe said:

Train them.

It's useless.

It takes about 3 mins to kill a bot with social aggro mobs.
In worst case, there are not enough mobs left, because bots kill them all.

Even if you manage it to kill a bot with social aggro mobs, you have 8 others on the same spot.
Once you killed the 3rd or 4th.... the first one returned, summons his pet and starts farming.

So... no chance to win against the bots.

Edited by Cally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TDG    19

This really does need to be looked at not just for dealing with bots but dealing with knobheads. I dispatched a couple fools earlier after they muscled in on my spot and refused to leave or fight back, all be it I only died 3 times that was once more than them, next time it will be more, half the fun of the game was going red on someone's ass and racing to clean the karma before they got back, it's literally pointless trying to clean it other than through death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikcen    17
16 hours ago, PegonHoun said:

Because pk is considering "bad" and karma is the punish.

You could find better way to understand each other before PK. Like change your spot.

Somene weeks ago, i was leveling in cruma 2 with my 2 boxes, When suddenly a party came to my room and tried to "steal it"  After 1 hours of "sharing" the room they pked me. I went back and they pked me again.  I went back one more time , and they were tooo red than they have to die about 10-11 times. So. I lost about 5-6 % with vip 4, worth?

I think Pk system is needed. Because without it ppl could abuse from other.

 

Good Luck with the deleveling :D

So 1 solo player beat a whole party exploiting the mechanisms of the game, and now he is proud that the game is screwed. Maybe you need to try singleplayer games, there are not annoying guys to interrupt your endless solo grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PegonHoun    4
4 hours ago, Ritoplzz said:

What if you're in a spot  full of bots? what's your next move smart guy?

heal the mobs :). Is the best way to kill mobs :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrannyChill    9
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, jaylenkills said:

Have 12 pks.10000 karma makes no sense need to die around 12 14 times ..lose 1 whole lvl for 1 pk

You will spend 1 week trying to dekarma yourself 

 

maybe it's to help deter the kind of garbage I was subjected to today.  I was farming, minding my own business, when someone comes up behind me and hits me.  I finish killing my mob, turn, and ask "Why??".  He says "for money, give me 1000 and I won't pk you".  I laughed, even asked him how much it was going to cost to clear his karma and pk count, but he did pk me. Took him a while, as I have fairly decent equipment, but I won't give these idiots the satisfaction of turning it into pvp.  He gets his pk count, and if he keeps this nonsense up, one day his stuff will drop, or he'll spend a lot more clearing it than he extorts from honest players.  I know I won't drop, and the little xp I lost was made up in minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KKKm    23
1 hour ago, GrannyChill said:

maybe it's to help deter the kind of garbage I was subjected to today.  I was farming, minding my own business, when someone comes up behind me and hits me.  I finish killing my mob, turn, and ask "Why??".  He says "for money, give me 1000 and I won't pk you".  I laughed, even asked him how much it was going to cost to clear his karma and pk count, but he did pk me. Took him a while, as I have fairly decent equipment, but I won't give these idiots the satisfaction of turning it into pvp.  He gets his pk count, and if he keeps this nonsense up, one day his stuff will drop, or he'll spend a lot more clearing it than he extorts from honest players.  I know I won't drop, and the little xp I lost was made up in minutes.

Classic player  of l2 who got more gear $€£¥ than his opponent but missing the balls to pvp . Money can’t buy skills after all :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrannyChill    9
28 minutes ago, KKKm said:

Classic player  of l2 who got more gear $€£¥ than his opponent but missing the balls to pvp . Money can’t buy skills after all :(

I have been playing on this server since the last week of November.  I've been farming my butt off to get gear, and it's not bad for NG stuff.  As you can see from my name, I am a grandmother, so you are correct in that I do not possess balls. That, however, is NOT why I rarely pvp.  I don't enjoy pvp, and as games are primarily for enjoyment, there would be no point in my involvement in it.  When I played L2 before, I had just about every race/class of character there was at the time.  I had friends who pvp'd, and so I did a bit of it as well.  It was ok, especially the time I took Dion Castle for my clan. (The aim was to take it for Will, but he didn't get online in time, and I couldn't let the other guys have it, now could I??)

In any case, my skills, or lack thereof, have nothing to do with it.  To attack a person who does not wish to fight is socially unacceptable.  The fact that it is possible, does not make it right.  The ability to attack another player exists for the purpose of mutually desired pvp, not so some immature jerk can grief other people and disrupt their right to play the way they find enjoyable.  In real life, people who choose to engage in street fights and bar brawls rather than socially accepted combat sports face natural consequences (fines and/or jail), here there's karma and pk points.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bluff    0
2 hours ago, GrannyChill said:

I have been playing on this server since the last week of November.  I've been farming my butt off to get gear, and it's not bad for NG stuff.  As you can see from my name, I am a grandmother, so you are correct in that I do not possess balls. That, however, is NOT why I rarely pvp.  I don't enjoy pvp, and as games are primarily for enjoyment, there would be no point in my involvement in it.  When I played L2 before, I had just about every race/class of character there was at the time.  I had friends who pvp'd, and so I did a bit of it as well.  It was ok, especially the time I took Dion Castle for my clan. (The aim was to take it for Will, but he didn't get online in time, and I couldn't let the other guys have it, now could I??)

In any case, my skills, or lack thereof, have nothing to do with it.  To attack a person who does not wish to fight is socially unacceptable.  The fact that it is possible, does not make it right.  The ability to attack another player exists for the purpose of mutually desired pvp, not so some immature jerk can grief other people and disrupt their right to play the way they find enjoyable.  In real life, people who choose to engage in street fights and bar brawls rather than socially accepted combat sports face natural consequences (fines and/or jail), here there's karma and pk points.

LOL

Edited by Bluff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikcen    17
12 hours ago, GrannyChill said:

In any case, my skills, or lack thereof, have nothing to do with it.  To attack a person who does not wish to fight is socially unacceptable. 

Only in the real life. In open world game it is perfectly right. There are not instances for PvE, PvP, raids and etc. The whole world is PvP arena or it should be. The fact you play Lineage 2 as a PvE solo grinder - WoW, GW2, BDO and so many others, just shows how screwed is the game in the US. There are not instances, but the gameplay is broken with absurd rules. And I'm sad. Sad for this game. Sad for you, as you will never feel the fun of the meaningful PvP, when players fight for something worthy in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrannyChill    9
2 hours ago, Ikcen said:

Only in the real life. In open world game it is perfectly right. There are not instances for PvE, PvP, raids and etc. The whole world is PvP arena or it should be. The fact you play Lineage 2 as a PvE solo grinder - WoW, GW2, BDO and so many others, just shows how screwed is the game in the US. There are not instances, but the gameplay is broken with absurd rules. And I'm sad. Sad for this game. Sad for you, as you will never feel the fun of the meaningful PvP, when players fight for something worthy in the game.

Nonsense.  To interfere with another person's right to enjoy their game is WRONG.  Only the truly immature, undisciplined, and un-self-disciplined, would think it's ok.  This attitude of: "I'm going to do whatever I like, and I don't care if it hurts you or makes you feel bad, or any other way you are affected." is what is wrong with the world today, in real life and in gaming.  "Fun" of pvp??  Pvp is NOT fun to ME.  You are welcome to pvp "meaningfully" with anyone else who enjoys it, more power to you, but I DON'T.  You have NO right to force me to play YOUR way.  I'm not forcing you to play mine, just leave me the bloody hell alone, and let me play my game in peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikcen    17
7 hours ago, GrannyChill said:

Nonsense.  To interfere with another person's right to enjoy their game is WRONG.  Only the truly immature, undisciplined, and un-self-disciplined, would think it's ok.  This attitude of: "I'm going to do whatever I like, and I don't care if it hurts you or makes you feel bad, or any other way you are affected." is what is wrong with the world today, in real life and in gaming.  "Fun" of pvp??  Pvp is NOT fun to ME.  You are welcome to pvp "meaningfully" with anyone else who enjoys it, more power to you, but I DON'T.  You have NO right to force me to play YOUR way.  I'm not forcing you to play mine, just leave me the bloody hell alone, and let me play my game in peace!

You are wrong. This is a game with PvP. By playing it you automatically accept the PvP. And as the PvP is open world, you accept that too. You do not have rights here - it is a game. If you deny the PvP, you deny the game. And that is exactly what the GMs did here. NCwest denied the Lineage 2.

I have no idea why people like you play L2. It is absurd. There are so many games with instanced - consensual PvP. With far better graphics. With better quests. With better lore. With better combat. L2 is about the PvP. The whole game is focused on the competition among the players. And if you remove that competition, the game becomes pointless.

I do not force you to do anything. I say you are wrong. And if you want to play alone - well, this is a game for you, as BDO, WoW, GW2, ESO, and etc. You can grind solo and safe, but what is the point?

And why NCwest removed the most unique aspect, the focus, the reason of existence of Lineage 2. This is a mystery to me. Obviously it is a bad marketing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrannyChill    9
29 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

You are wrong. This is a game with PvP. By playing it you automatically accept the PvP. And as the PvP is open world, you accept that too. You do not have rights here - it is a game. If you deny the PvP, you deny the game. And that is exactly what the GMs did here. NCwest denied the Lineage 2.

I have no idea why people like you play L2. It is absurd. There are so many games with instanced - consensual PvP. With far better graphics. With better quests. With better lore. With better combat. L2 is about the PvP. The whole game is focused on the competition among the players. And if you remove that competition, the game becomes pointless.

I do not force you to do anything. I say you are wrong. And if you want to play alone - well, this is a game for you, as BDO, WoW, GW2, ESO, and etc. You can grind solo and safe, but what is the point?

And why NCwest removed the most unique aspect, the focus, the reason of existence of Lineage 2. This is a mystery to me. Obviously it is a bad marketing.

I say YOU are wrong.  There is a lot more to Lineage2 than pvp.  This game is veritably rich in different experiences, and in denying that, YOU are denying the game.  I don't play alone btw, and surprise, surprise, my friends think pk'ers are moronic too. They could double or triple the current penalties for pks, and it wouldn't bother any of us at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikcen    17
14 minutes ago, GrannyChill said:

I say YOU are wrong.  There is a lot more to Lineage2 than pvp.  This game is veritably rich in different experiences, and in denying that, YOU are denying the game.  I don't play alone btw, and surprise, surprise, my friends think pk'ers are moronic too. They could double or triple the current penalties for pks, and it wouldn't bother any of us at all.

Really? So what are these different experiences? L2 is grind for level and gear with one goal - to PvP in Olympiad, clan wars, sieges, or in the open world. I suppose you are one of those guys who think that with a lot of grind they will become best PvPers at the end. In such a case you are simply missing the point - that version of L2 is broken, so your grind is pointless.

Or, you have too much free time and not enough money for a good PC to play BDO or ESO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordWrynn    1

The point is,lady,that nobody is stopping people from engaging in role playing activities.

By reworking the PK system in such horrendous way,NC Soft basically stopped the vast majority of active players from enjoying one of the unique aspects of Lineage 2s' PvP.

Now,if someone really wants to PK people for sport,the current PK system cant really stop him from doing so.Such a person would need just a few things to make your life miserable.I know because i still have my perma red on the Live server.

In my opinion,the change to the PK system has shifted the PvP in L2 to the boring meta we have now.So...taking away unique aspect of the game is bad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrannyChill    9
4 hours ago, LordWrynn said:

The point is,lady,that nobody is stopping people from engaging in role playing activities.

By reworking the PK system in such horrendous way,NC Soft basically stopped the vast majority of active players from enjoying one of the unique aspects of Lineage 2s' PvP.

Now,if someone really wants to PK people for sport,the current PK system cant really stop him from doing so.Such a person would need just a few things to make your life miserable.I know because i still have my perma red on the Live server.

In my opinion,the change to the PK system has shifted the PvP in L2 to the boring meta we have now.So...taking away unique aspect of the game is bad.

Think I'll reply to the one who realizes that a grandmother is not a "guy". 

I know the system can't stop it, it can only deter those who don't want to pay the consequences, again, mirroring real life.  I just can't understand the mindset that allows a human being to think spoiling someone else's fun and relaxation is "fun".  I can understand that someone would enjoy pvp, even though I don't, but pvp, and running around griefing people who are not bothering you, are two different things.  Remember, the guy my original post was about was actually trying to make me PAY HIM TO NOT PK ME.  Really??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ikcen    17
42 minutes ago, GrannyChill said:

Think I'll reply to the one who realizes that a grandmother is not a "guy". 

I know the system can't stop it, it can only deter those who don't want to pay the consequences, again, mirroring real life.  I just can't understand the mindset that allows a human being to think spoiling someone else's fun and relaxation is "fun".  I can understand that someone would enjoy pvp, even though I don't, but pvp, and running around griefing people who are not bothering you, are two different things.  Remember, the guy my original post was about was actually trying to make me PAY HIM TO NOT PK ME.  Really??

I could use a nick name - sexygirl - anyway. Grind is fun, if working on conveyor line is fun. I understand the idea of constant progression, and the satisfaction from it, but that progression should have some purpose. Here the goal is one - PvP. And you are involved even if you only sell gear on the market. Then I see two problems in your attitude. That guy could be chaotic ganker, so he will PK you anyway and the penalties do not matter. Or he could want your faming spot - which should lead to PvP, or you can leave. The fact you can laugh at him, and win the competition by refusing to compete, shows how broken is the game here. Of course if he has some range damage dealer he can simply grief and KS till he gets your farming spot. And you can do nothing.

If we make a comparison with the real life (something in general stupid about the games, but it seems you like it), the situation now is - you can be abused and robbed, but you can not defend or call the police.

Edited by Ikcen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bluff    0
8 hours ago, GrannyChill said:

Think I'll reply to the one who realizes that a grandmother is not a "guy". 

I know the system can't stop it, it can only deter those who don't want to pay the consequences, again, mirroring real life.  I just can't understand the mindset that allows a human being to think spoiling someone else's fun and relaxation is "fun".  I can understand that someone would enjoy pvp, even though I don't, but pvp, and running around griefing people who are not bothering you, are two different things.  Remember, the guy my original post was about was actually trying to make me PAY HIM TO NOT PK ME.  Really??

bleeping carebears ruining the MMO genre, coming to spread their cancer rhetoric in a hardcore PvP game. Thanks for nothing, go watch Fox News or something.

Edited by Bluff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×