Jump to content
Forums

Two very wrong things with L2 in US


Recommended Posts

How the Open world games work, as you in US obviously have no idea. I suppose you thought how to stop the PKs, and then you thought how to allow it. But you do not know why there is a thing as PK in Lineage 2. The answer is the Open world.

Let me explain. Let say - I play with tank. And I go to farm in some area. Every mage or archer could kill steal my mobs - literally. I could hit a mob, and the range character will kill it, before the second hit. So how I could protect my farming spot? Even if I play with some damage dealer with shorter range, or weaker hits, what I could do? If I PK the griefer I will lose more experience, time, adena, and in addition I will lose the farming spot.

That is why the PK penalty has two components. One – the karma is instant, and the other – the PK point is postponed. And you made them at a very, very wrong way.

The idea of the karma is to give an instant risk – so it must be short, and let you keep the farming spot. This is the opposite of how it works now.

At the same time, the postponed component should be hard. So I keep the spot – open world PvP, but pay the price later. Now the so called sin eater quest is a joke – the player gets experience and drop, so actually there is not penalty. All you need to clean the PK points is to farm mobs anyway.

Like that you even support the so called gankers. So if a player wants to get some SP, and to lose EXP, he could PK few guys just for fun, and then to farm. This is absolutely wrong system.

The instant penalty must be light, so to allow the PvP for spots, and the later penalty should be hard, to prevent the chaotic PK.

Also the raid bosses. I doubt it is intentional, but now two clans take all the drops. And grief every other attempt to do a raid boss. You made it like that. There is not competition. The small clans are literally screwed, or have to use the first hit bug, for the looting rights. And there is not cooperation. Half of the players on the raids usually are AFK, and most of the others use auto target to hit. And they are right, as they cannot get any drop.

The original system was much, much better, as smaller clans had chances to take boss and drop. Now, no matter of the risk they take, they can do nothing to compete. Also in the party there was cooperation among the players. And the raid bosses were fun. Now they are not.

Edited by Ikcen
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

everybody live on same rules yet it always have some ppl complain about ruin is stupid  if your clan is small and can't take rb  just do aliance with other or change the times of boss respawn  there 's so much thing you could do  for this rule   if another use 1 novice for attack rb that will make it loot just wait 5 min so you can kill it with in times 15 mins before it's berserk  that it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, class3Rank1 said:

the original system is suck so they have to change it and have to add a barried to protect about  CDL mage for rip rb with few ppl 

It is very simple. For the open world PvP you need PK allowed. But for the fair competition you need PK penalties. So you allow the PK with light instant penalty, and give the true penalty later. Now the PK for things like farming spot is effectively forbidden. But if someone wants to gank low levels - this is allowed. With the experience scrolls he will lose nothing. But, because of the high karma, he cannot keep the spot. Totally broken system.

As for the bosses - 1 party for a boss, is how the bosses are designed. The drop and the experience are for one party, except from the epic bosses, like Ant queen. So 9 players per boss. This is how the game is made. And that means the players will compete, PvP, steal the bosses - play the game, instead to auto target and go AFK. Now the game is grinder for solo nolifers. Worse version of BDO, WoW or any other such. The best PvP MMO is broken here. This is not Lineage 2.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

It is very simple. For the open world PvP you need PK allowed. But for the fair competition you need PK penalties. So you allow the PK with light instant penalty, and give the true penalty later. Now the PK for things like farming spot is effectively forbidden. But if someone wants to gank low levels - this is allowed. With the experience scrolls he will lose nothing. But, because of the high karma, he cannot keep the spot. Totally broken system.

As for the bosses - 1 party for a boss, is how the bosses are designed. The drop and the experience are for one party, except from the epic bosses, like Ant queen. So 9 players per boss. This is how the game is made. And that means the players will compete, PvP, steal the bosses - play the game, instead to auto target and go AFK. Now the game is grinder for solo nolifers. Worse version of BDO, WoW or any other such. The best PvP MMO is broken here. This is not Lineage 2.

 

why you think it's broke i  quit bdo to play lineage2 because bdo is suck at pvp and pk  if you pk people  they just keep coming back with nothing to lose 

in lineage2 if someone want to take your spot   he had to killed you and you can revive by bishop or you can respawn at town and come agian if he 's still got pk in his you can kill him YES now it's fair because he's lose level like you too  now then pk reach  4 they had a change that there item would drop  and  if you want to decrease a pk point you got to fo to do quest 750 mobs hunt for -1 pk  why is it broke ?  when you got 3-4 pk you can't  decrese karma with just 1 dead  

pk kill  you 4 times in a row  he had to die like 10-11 times to - karma to 0 and have to use 4 day if he using pk scroll  to reduce it to 0 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, class3Rank1 said:

why you think it's broke i  quit bdo to play lineage2 because bdo is suck at pvp and pk  if you pk people  they just keep coming back with nothing to lose 

in lineage2 if someone want to take your spot   he had to killed you and you can revive by bishop or you can respawn at town and come agian if he 's still got pk in his you can kill him YES now it's fair because he's lose level like you too  now then pk reach  4 they had a change that there item would drop  and  if you want to decrease a pk point you got to fo to do quest 750 mobs hunt for -1 pk  why is it broke ?  when you got 3-4 pk you can't  decrese karma with just 1 dead  

pk kill  you 4 times in a row  he had to die like 10-11 times to - karma to 0 and have to use 4 day if he using pk scroll  to reduce it to 0 

Indeed, so the PK is pointless. Like it is in BDO. If someone wants to take your spot here, he needs to grief and troll till you PK him or leave. The system now effectively prevents the open world PvP. If he hits you, you will not retaliate, as he will lose more with PK, and he will not win the spot. If you hit him, he will not retaliate by the same reasons. It is just broken. So both players will feel bad and frustrated, but will do nothing. Absolutely incompetent game design.

Edited by Ikcen
Link to post
Share on other sites

if you hit me i think you dead cause i will call my friend to killed you please stop solo and find some cp or friend that played in your time zone  games need you to fight not harvestmoon  this is only my opinion  if someone hit me i should try to killed him with all my might to see because atleast if you farm at the same spot your level should not +- 9 level or more because he will not get anything from farming ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, class3Rank1 said:

if you hit me i think you dead cause i will call my friend to killed you please stop solo and find some cp or friend that played in your time zone  games need you to fight not harvestmoon  this is only my opinion  if someone hit me i should try to killed him with all my might to see because atleast if you farm at the same spot your level should not +- 9 level or more because he will not get anything from farming ... 

So you claim you will retaliate? I call that a lie or stupidity. As with the rules now I will lose more if I PK your tune than if you win the PvP. So why will you retaliate? There is simply no reason, except if you are sure you will win. Like if you call a high level friend to beat my character - which is literally PK.  See - the system now just supports the ganking. And effectively prevents the open world PvP. To PK for a reason, you have to win the farming spot - so less karma, or much shorter red flag. And to pay the price later with the sin eater. The opposite of what they made here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ikcen said:

It is very simple. For the open world PvP you need PK allowed. But for the fair competition you need PK penalties. So you allow the PK with light instant penalty, and give the true penalty later. Now the PK for things like farming spot is effectively forbidden. But if someone wants to gank low levels - this is allowed. With the experience scrolls he will lose nothing. But, because of the high karma, he cannot keep the spot. Totally broken system.

As for the bosses - 1 party for a boss, is how the bosses are designed. The drop and the experience are for one party, except from the epic bosses, like Ant queen. So 9 players per boss. This is how the game is made. And that means the players will compete, PvP, steal the bosses - play the game, instead to auto target and go AFK. Now the game is grinder for solo nolifers. Worse version of BDO, WoW or any other such. The best PvP MMO is broken here. This is not Lineage 2.

 

before update pk quest would reduce 1-3 pks per quest now only 1 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The system now is so absurd. You cannot PvP for farming spot, you cannot beat the bots, you cannot do any open world PvP. The EXP loss of 4% actually does not matter with the EXP scrolls, so there are not death penalties actually. This is not the L2 - a game for cooperation and competition with open world PvP and challenging PvE. This is some stupid solo grinder. Player with few boxes botting 24/7 is the typical case here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2018 at 4:34 PM, Ikcen said:

Also the raid bosses. I doubt it is intentional, but now two clans take all the drops. And grief every other attempt to do a raid boss. You made it like that. There is not competition. The small clans are literally screwed, or have to use the first hit bug, for the looting rights. And there is not cooperation. Half of the players on the raids usually are AFK, and most of the others use auto target to hit. And they are right, as they cannot get any drop.

The original system was much, much better, as smaller clans had chances to take boss and drop. Now, no matter of the risk they take, they can do nothing to compete. Also in the party there was cooperation among the players. And the raid bosses were fun. Now they are not.

There is no 2 clan take all the bosses above 55, it takes at least 80 players to kill them effectively with limit. You may say 2 "alliances" have been killing the raids, but that ranges from 80-230 players in CC and then you have 1-2 partys ks'ing out of cc, and still sometimes fail. The bosses are pvp'd for a lot of times, griefed, and ks'd. Sounds to me your in some unknown, unaffiliated clan that probably couldn't kill the bosses if you were able to try. If your there ks'ing an alliance raid whether it be ISF ally, Sup, Dynasty ally, or someone else, what gives you right to any loot?

Edited by Warsmith
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree 100% on the PK statement.

Right now, if I want to, I can just go to a AOE party and start taking care of their trains w/o problems. I'll get most of the exp and even adena doing next to nothing and with no way for the group to retaliate.

If they try to train me and succeed, I'll come back and be more careful. But I know how to avoid getting the train agro, so that option is out the window. 
Then they can PK me, but as you pointed out, that's just penalty for them. I'll just keep coming back and they will just keep gaining karma, making them lose experience to take it out (being imposible to farm it out) and with a huge risk of them getting killed by some other person or group and drop items.

 

So there is no PK sistem, and that means that there is no PvP for spots. And that's just the saddest thing that could happen in this game.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Warsmith said:

There is no 2 clan take all the bosses above 55, it takes at least 80 players to kill them effectively with limit. You may say 2 "alliances" have been killing the raids, but that ranges from 80-230 players in CC and then you have 1-2 partys ks'ing out of cc, and still sometimes fail. The bosses are pvp'd for a lot of times, griefed, and ks'd. Sounds to me your in some unknown, unaffiliated clan that probably couldn't kill the bosses if you were able to try. If your there ks'ing an alliance raid whether it be ISF ally, Sup, Dynasty ally, or someone else, what gives you right to any loot?

It seems to me you do not get the point. Indeed you need 80 players for a boss made for 9, with drop and experience for 9. So how many of those 80-230 players take the drop? 2-3 clans make CCs, and take the drop. The other players just autotarget and stay afk. The PvP for bosses is very rare and very narrow and limited actually. It happens some times, yes. But mostly the players exploit the mechanisms of the gameplay and grief.

In the normal Lineage 2, 9 players kill the boss, so there is PvP for literally every boss. The drop and the experience rates are exact. And nobody stays AFK as all 9 players have to do their tasks. Small clans take many raids and drops. There is competition, cooperation, drop and experience for all and doing raids is really fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ikcen said:

It seems to me you do not get the point. Indeed you need 80 players for a boss made for 9, with drop and experience for 9. So how many of those 80-230 players take the drop? 2-3 clans make CCs, and take the drop. The other players just autotarget and stay afk. The PvP for bosses is very rare and very narrow and limited actually. It happens some times, yes. But mostly the players exploit the mechanisms of the gameplay and grief.

In the normal Lineage 2, 9 players kill the boss, so there is PvP for literally every boss. The drop and the experience rates are exact. And nobody stays AFK as all 9 players have to do their tasks. Small clans take many raids and drops. There is competition, cooperation, drop and experience for all and doing raids is really fun.

Hate to break it to ya, but this isnt "normal" L2, this is "Classic", where normal rules don't always apply. go try to kill a 50+ boss with 9 people, Good Luck, you will fail the first barrier. The point of the barrier is to keep a kill group from farming all the raids and preventing anyone else getting to do any of them. needless to say, most of the time its several clans assisting in a CC to kill a boss, if your there uninvited to the Ally raid group, why should you be entitled to loot? By your method your asking for, a clan with lvl 70+ party or 2 could just guard a kill group of 9 and take all the loot and get rich. In a sense the way raids are now it requires some planning and assistance from a lot of players. Is it right for the ally doing the raid to tank it and lose xp in deaths for you to get part of the loot because you happened to show up? no one invted you obviously or you wouldnt be qqing about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Warsmith said:

Hate to break it to ya, but this isnt "normal" L2, this is "Classic", where normal rules don't always apply. go try to kill a 50+ boss with 9 people, Good Luck, you will fail the first barrier. The point of the barrier is to keep a kill group from farming all the raids and preventing anyone else getting to do any of them. needless to say, most of the time its several clans assisting in a CC to kill a boss, if your there uninvited to the Ally raid group, why should you be entitled to loot? By your method your asking for, a clan with lvl 70+ party or 2 could just guard a kill group of 9 and take all the loot and get rich. In a sense the way raids are now it requires some planning and assistance from a lot of players. Is it right for the ally doing the raid to tank it and lose xp in deaths for you to get part of the loot because you happened to show up? no one invted you obviously or you wouldnt be qqing about it.

I played L2 Classic already. This is US only. Nobody else even thought to make a boss designed for 9 players to be beaten from 80. It even sounds stupid. At the same time the epic bosses here are bugged, as actually US version made all the bosses epic, without change of the experience and drop. This is not Classic, it is not even Lineage 2.

As for the imaginary 70 level players, who will gank the newbies - that is why there is a PK penalty, which is broken here too. See how everything is linked and one incompetent decision leads to another? Now only few dozens of players on every server take the boss drop. Thousands of players never got any drop from any boss.

As I played the normal - non US version of the game, I can assure you, there the situation is the opposite. Small clans and even random parties make bosses constantly, and that is the way most people get weapons, gear, scrolls and much of experience. Also doing bosses is fun for all.

Here bosses are simply broken. And if you use that - so you are one of the few dozens of players who grief and CC the bosses for drops, shame on you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

apparently your just another one of those people that arent invited to the raids, even Live server has some bosses with limit, you are spouting bs. i assume you havent seen the orc tyrant group killing the lvl 40 raids lately? you know why that is? because at this point people can make alts for the lower raids and use high lvl buffs and decent c gear now, it will progress as time goes by. join with the clans doing raids and maybe you will get something eventually. but, as it stands now, the limit barrier and game mechanics prevent 1-2 partys from killing everything easily. as it should. the gear dropped from raids is better than what people are farming and faster, hence 1-2 groups shouldnt be able to monopolize it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Warsmith said:

apparently your just another one of those people that arent invited to the raids, even Live server has some bosses with limit, you are spouting bs. i assume you havent seen the orc tyrant group killing the lvl 40 raids lately? you know why that is? because at this point people can make alts for the lower raids and use high lvl buffs and decent c gear now, it will progress as time goes by. join with the clans doing raids and maybe you will get something eventually. but, as it stands now, the limit barrier and game mechanics prevent 1-2 partys from killing everything easily. as it should. the gear dropped from raids is better than what people are farming and faster, hence 1-2 groups shouldnt be able to monopolize it.  

I made 20 levels on raid bosses, so apparently I'm not of those people. Even got some drops - enchanting scrolls, crap gear and a weapon, and gave them to other players. Sometimes I even leveled up my box in one CC, and the main character in another, simultaneously. In fact I think we made the first raid boss in this version of the game. We even did not have CC - nobody had level 3 clan, so 4 parties killed the boss for a lot of time, it went berserk twice. As you see you are the noob here. I admit you are trying hard to adapt in the game. I do not. As I see how wrong it is made. Terribly wrong. I did not make a raid boss from weeks probably, as it is so boring, and so many players are simply screwed.

I played the real Lineage 2 - great game, before the nonsense called GoD. Played L2 Classic - in fact even the normal Classic is kind of broken - no forts for the guilds, the raids are bugged, too much content from the original game is missing. But that US version does not worth the name Lineage. And I point two simple issues here, by fixing them NCWest could safe the game. If they do nothing ( as I suppose they will) soon you will play here only with yourself - a bot and boxes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...