Lineage II Aden FAQ

• L2 Team

Welcome to Lineage II Aden! We put together a list of questions and answers you may have pertaining this new server. We’ll also be releasing more information on the website regarding the content of the game. Stay tuned! 

Is Lineage II Aden a separate game that requires me to download and install a new game client? 

• Lineage II Aden is a new server type available through the Lineage II game client. To play Lineage II Aden you only need to select an Aden server at the server selection screen. Existing players will receive a game update on August 11 that allows access to the Lineage II Aden servers. New and returning players should download and install the current Lineage II game here, and on August 11 you’ll also be able to select an Aden server to begin playing. 

Will the game be subscription or free-to-play? 

• Lineage II Aden is free-to-play with an optional in-game store (L2 Store) that allows players to purchase in-game boosts, equipment packs, kits, consumables, and convenience items. 

Will there be an L2 Store? 

• Yes, Lineage II Aden will launch with an L2 Store and an L2 Coin Shop.  

Are items in the L2 Store and L2 Coin Shop tradable?

• Most items in the L2Store and L2 Coin Shop will not be tradable, but you can use the "Gifting" function exclusive only to the L2Store to send these items to others.

Do I need a new NCSOFT account? 

• No, anyone with an existing NCSOFT account will be able to create characters for Lineage II Aden. If you don’t have an NCSOFT account yet, you can create one here. 

What languages does this release support? 

• As with the Lineage II and Lineage II Classic, we’ll be officially supporting Aden in the North America region in English only. 

How many Lineage II Aden servers are there? 

• You’ll be able to select from three Lineage II Aden servers at launch. 

Will all Aden server content be available at launch?

• Not all content will be available at launch. Additional content and features will be delivered in scheduled (unless urgent) patches. We will provide additional details as we get closer to the launch window.

Can I transfer my existing characters from a Live or Classic server to an Aden server, or vice versa? 

• No, the different rule sets, content, and level ranges mean that characters will only be able to be created and played in their own services. These are completely separate versions of the game.

Are account services available for the Aden service?

• Account services such as character name change will not be available for the Aden service at launch but may be provided at a future date. Certain accounts services from Live/Classic like Gender Change and Race Change will not be available for Aden.

Will there be a VIP System in Aden? 

• At this time, there is no plan to have a VIP System in Aden. 

Will the Giran Seal System (Special Crafting Promotions) be included at the launch for Aden?

• We have no current plans to introduce the Giran Seals for the Aden server launch.