Returning player - what do you recommend?

Hi guys,

last time I have played L2 was about when High Five was released and I have not played since. 

I have only managed to find very very scarce resources about the Aden launch as I do not know where to search.

What are the major things I should keep in mind? I used to play either storm screamers, bounty hunter (spoil) or warlord (polearm) - are they even a thing? Did NCS make things balanced or are these obsolete? 

Unfortunately I wont have 8h/day to play anymore, so I would like to have fun for a couple of months for few hours a day once Aden is released - what would you recommend based on fun to play? I do not care much about end-game, because I will not be playing by then anymore (most likely?).

Thank you all for support,

Tom

50 minutes ago, Dracushor said:

Mate my suggestion is to play what you like , because on this will be much more balanced then Hight five !

Cya in game

I will look into it, excited to learn something new and have some memories... btw how does it work with the "transfer" (20 first, 40 second and 76? third) quests nowadays? You could purchase the medals for second. Just curious :)

2 minutes ago, Gamestonk said:

Lo esaminerò, entusiasta di imparare qualcosa di nuovo e di avere dei ricordi... btw come funziona con le missioni di "trasferimento" (20 prima, 40 seconda e 76? terza) al giorno d'oggi? Potresti acquistare le medaglie per il secondo. Solo curioso:)

don't need quest for transfer but on 76 you just need to kill some mobs for change in devil isle

5 hours ago, amadoG said:

I'm not sure Aden's server have looping macro feature also auto play feature. But It has both, I think I will play with 3 class: SE, WL & GK :D

it has auto hunting but no macro loop as most of the skill can be auto-used on delay. 

40 minutes ago, Gamestonk said:

I will look into it, excited to learn something new and have some memories... btw how does it work with the "transfer" (20 first, 40 second and 76? third) quests nowadays? You could purchase the medals for second. Just curious :)

There's no quest for that. You will have guided quests up untill 40 that provide some basic gear and level you up. From 40+ you will only go afk-hunting mobs. You can also take some extra quests that asks you to kill like 1000 mobs per zone and gives you little XP and reward. No gear tho, only cosmetics.

1 hour ago, Dracushor said:

Mate my suggestion is to play what you like , because on this will be much more balanced then Hight five !

Cya in game

Wrong. This version is currently the most unbalanced, class wise. You need to wait for class reworks to make those toons viable again. 

6 hours ago, Gamestonk said:

Also two things...

1) Do I understand correctly, that L2 Aden will be a fresh start? Multiple servers and accounts are bound to the one you choose?

2) Which (if any) of the launch packs would you recommend to buy? 

1) yes, new servers. 

2) the 25 euros one seems to be the best pick. 

6 hours ago, Gamestonk said:

Hi guys,

last time I have played L2 was about when High Five was released and I have not played since. 

I have only managed to find very very scarce resources about the Aden launch as I do not know where to search.

What are the major things I should keep in mind? I used to play either storm screamers, bounty hunter (spoil) or warlord (polearm) - are they even a thing? Did NCS make things balanced or are these obsolete? 

Unfortunately I wont have 8h/day to play anymore, so I would like to have fun for a couple of months for few hours a day once Aden is released - what would you recommend based on fun to play? I do not care much about end-game, because I will not be playing by then anymore (most likely?).

Thank you all for support,

Tom

The game is totally automated. This version of l2 is basically designed for people that has no time to play but lots of money to spend. After following the first quests up till lv 40, you will just leave ur toon XPing in X or Y zone and you can go do anything else. The only issue is that you might get PKd or you might run out of Sayha grace (which is like a vitality) that MUST be on. Otherwise you wont get any XP, adenas or drops from mobs. For now just a few classes will be viable and only 3-4 will be good for pvp/mass pvp. If you don't care about PVP, you can play any class. 

42 minutes ago, Carestia said:

don't need quest for transfer but on 76 you just need to kill some mobs for change in devil isle

Devil isle is gone. Now the best option is Silent Valley.

On topic: this game is autoplay, so everyone plays 24/7. You need 1h to make fort +oly in the evening, once a week you do clan dungeon, than back to autofarm. You can lliterally  buy any item with real money if you want to.

Most OP classes like Death Knight, Tyrant, Titan, Storm Blaster are also the most expensive ones (you need skill books for them which can cost you a lot, unless you are in a top clan and farm epics). Now unless some changes have been made to this version compared to EU, this game is solo play  (all buffs are self buffs, including PP, WC, OL) . 

Here are some examples:

- tier 1 : BD, WC, soulhound , summoner (minimum investment, great farmers, not so great in PVP with normal gear, BD needs expensive books to unlock potential)

- tier 2: SWS, SE, daggers, berserker. gladi, WL, crafter, spoiler (bit more investment because they need better books to unlock potential, decent farmers, decent in PVP, SWS needs expensive books)

Tier 3: BP, OL (for bishop you need Orfen +2 for MP regen and a lot of books, for OL you need a lot of books, otherwise good farmers, pretty OP in PVP)

- tier 4: GK, DK, Titan, Storm Blaster (lots of expensive books, top farmers, top PVP)

Currently useless classes: all mages and all archers 

Tanks: not quite played, they are pretty strong, but hard to level, need books, most go for SK.

Melee PP can be one of the most OP classes because of counter critical, but you need full epics , and top gear.  Mage PP is on par with SE

4 hours ago, Vladbila said:

pic: this game is autoplay, so everyone plays 24/7. You need 1h to make fort +oly in the evening, once a week you do clan dungeon, than back to autofarm. You can lliterally  buy any item with real money if you want to.

5 hours ago, Skeith said:

The game is totally automated. This version of l2 is basically designed for people that has no time to play but lots of money to spend.

So I have just downloaded L2 essence and it seems like what you described, are you telling me, that the L2 Aden is also going to be like this? It feels very strange.. I got lvl 20 with the very first quest.. 

1 hour ago, Gamestonk said:

So I have just downloaded L2 essence and it seems like what you described, are you telling me, that the L2 Aden is also going to be like this? It feels very strange.. I got lvl 20 with the very first quest.. 

Aden is Essence...idk why they named it Aden here tbh, maybe we'll have some differences. Yeah levelling is fast, you should get to 40 with 20-30 mins best, depending on how crowded the spot is. 

18 hours ago, Vladbila said:

Devil isle is gone. Now the best option is Silent Valley.

On topic: this game is autoplay, so everyone plays 24/7. You need 1h to make fort +oly in the evening, once a week you do clan dungeon, than back to autofarm. You can lliterally  buy any item with real money if you want to.

Most OP classes like Death Knight, Tyrant, Titan, Storm Blaster are also the most expensive ones (you need skill books for them which can cost you a lot, unless you are in a top clan and farm epics). Now unless some changes have been made to this version compared to EU, this game is solo play  (all buffs are self buffs, including PP, WC, OL) . 

Here are some examples:

- tier 1 : BD, WC, soulhound , summoner (minimum investment, great farmers, not so great in PVP with normal gear, BD needs expensive books to unlock potential)

- tier 2: SWS, SE, daggers, berserker. gladi, WL, crafter, spoiler (bit more investment because they need better books to unlock potential, decent farmers, decent in PVP, SWS needs expensive books)

Tier 3: BP, OL (for bishop you need Orfen +2 for MP regen and a lot of books, for OL you need a lot of books, otherwise good farmers, pretty OP in PVP)

- tier 4: GK, DK, Titan, Storm Blaster (lots of expensive books, top farmers, top PVP)

Currently useless classes: all mages and all archers 

Tanks: not quite played, they are pretty strong, but hard to level, need books, most go for SK.

Melee PP can be one of the most OP classes because of counter critical, but you need full epics , and top gear.  Mage PP is on par with SE

Are the tiers going from tier 1 being the best or being the lowest?

I am a returning player as well and would like to pick an easy class for farming at the beginning in order to build up for other classes.

Any recommendations for this patch?

Thank you kindly

11 minutes ago, phoennix36 said:

Are the tiers going from tier 1 being the best or being the lowest?

I am a returning player as well and would like to pick an easy class for farming at the beginning in order to build up for other classes.

Any recommendations for this patch?

Thank you kindly

DK, Titan, GK are top picks. If you have monet and want to be the best then pick one of these classes, otherwise you can pick any class. Just keep in mind that many items are non-tradable, even between characters within the same account, so select your main character wisely.