Light Armor Mastery on summoner

I just switched from the Moonshadow robe set to the Drake Leather armour on my ES and none of the effects from the Light Armor Mastery passive apply.

In fact, I get more Cast speed and MP regen with the Moonshadow robe, which doesn't have bonuses to those stats.

Robe Mastery passive:

PDef

Max HP

Light Armor Mastery:

PDef

Casting speed

Attack speed

MP Recovery.

None of the light armor mastery stats apply

If you test your stats with your robes equipped,  then swap the chest out for a sec (and try to cast a apell) you should notice that robes actually give you 100% cast speed , plus atk speed and 20% MP recovery, but its activated from a different more basic magicians passive skill that you got as a starting mage. 

At 1st class transfer , healers/summoners gain the ability to use light without totally gimping their magic ability, but its still not as good as robes at casting , you do get more pdef however.

This is why the light armor skill gives you 91% cast speed /etc because otherwise you would get a 100% cast speed penalty for using non-robes.

(at least this is how i remember it working)

4 minutes ago, Shalille said:

This is why the light armor skill gives you 91% cast speed /etc because otherwise you would get a 100% cast speed penalty for using non-robes.

Do you mean to imply that this is actually a penalty? As in you only get 91% of your cast speed, instead of 91% increased cast speed?

2 minutes ago, MuffinProof said:

Do you mean to imply that this is actually a penalty? As in you only get 91% of your cast speed, instead of 91% increased cast speed?

In robes you get 200% cast speed ...100% bonus

In Light you get 191% ...91% bonus

(but if a elf wizard (Sps) tried to wear light they would be down from 200% to 100% cos they dont have the 91% light skill)

1 minute ago, Shalille said:

In robes you get 200% cast speed ...100% bonus

In Light you get 191% ...91% bonus

(but if a elf wizard (Sps) tried to wear light they would be down from 200% to 100% cos they dont have the 91% light skill)

Oh crud, thank you! I found the "Magician's Attitude" passive. Welp, now I'm totally screwed, since I used the 7th day attendance ticket on this light armor :(

15 minutes ago, MuffinProof said:

Oh crud, thank you! I found the "Magician's Attitude" passive. Welp, now I'm totally screwed, since I used the 7th day attendance ticket on this light armor :(

Well I think the light is better , I am actually using the 7 day light   set on my healer, and its good when hunting anywhere that the mobs actually manage to hit you. Also for pvp it may be better to have both a robe set (Moonshadow) and a light set (drake) to swap between. (Imprint armor wont drop when your red I am told)

You can still get a robe set, or swap in the D robe set you got for free, at times when you want the slightly faster casting to farm a spot.

(also a tradable C karmian set is a good option to invest/buy later with its 15% cast speed

another good investment for a tradeable nuking set is the demon set with +4 int dmg) both of these sets seem to be currently sold/resold by players too(but you can buy them from npc).