Problem while running 2 or more clients

immortalgr

Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue while running 2 clients on a computer (tried 2 computers with windows 10 and windows 11). What happens is that the first loaded client seems frozen when I maximize the window. I say "seem" because I can see the toon from the second running client fishing normally. At the same time no action can be performed on the first client, it just seems hanged..

Anyone else can confirm this, though I find it difficult to believe that my setup has this problem (btw this is happening after the small update because of Cronos problems).

This is happening after some hours of running the clients I guess, I ll do some tests and report here.

I assume you mean the NCLauncher, once you enter the password and go into that intermediate screen that updates files if updates are needed and where you see Start button.  Don't hit Start yet and go to the upper right, Settings, it's a small icon.  From there you'll bee Run Launcher options.  Just make sure all 3 drop down are set to "Close Launcher".  This might help for you to start more clients when you have the 1st Client up and running in the background.  Reboot PC to ensure everything is clean before you do this.

Second option, is you may have NClauncher get stuck in the Task Manager of Windows.  Do the usual CTRL-ALT_DEL triple keys on your computer and sort by Names, go down to NClauncher or NClauncher2 or whatever the latest current name is and Force Shutdowni and re-do the NCLauncher.

HTH

Hi Ghostintheshell, firstly thanks for the tip (this is helpful when having multiple accounts that login from 1 pc). However no, I am not talking about the nc launcher, I am talking about the Lineage 2 client run in window mode with option "Basic Resolution".

Hi Ghost, I am only running a couple of clients on my pc in window mode and all was working ok until the incident with cronos. I left 2 clients running all night in full window mode and it looks ok. I will try on window mode with a defined resolution and see what will happen.

hm... ok.  is there an error message you can screenshot either with windows or cell phone to see what the error message (if any)?  if not, try to describe what you observe after you loaded 2 clients and trying to load 3rd - I believe you're stuck on just being able to run 2, not 3 - is that correct?

Hi Ghost, not this is not exactly the problem. At first I was able to run 3 clients on window mode with basic resolution before the cronos issue last week. This is what you have to do to reproduce the problem:

1) Login with one account , select any toon and get into game. Select "Options, on video settings and "Display Settings" select the 3rd option (Window mode) and resolution "Basic Resolution". Let your toon do whatever you want (shop,xp,fishing whatever - i let mine fishing).

2) Login with a second account, repeat all of the above.

3) Minimize both clients.

4) After a good night sleep, maximize the first client. All I am getting is a non responsive program, mouse pointer does not change to lineage pointer, toon looks frozen.At the same time the second client works fine, and I can look the toon from the first client fishing.

I know it sounds weird, but it is happening on 2 different pcs with different windows versions and only after the last update.