Unfair Bans. Do something about them or just close the server. (giran server)

For a while now whenever we try make a new account, the new account gets banned withing few hours. In this case, your automatic system banned our friend within hours of making a new account, which resulted in him getting an IP ban on all his accounts. This guy been playing here for years, we all invested in this game so much time and resources. And you guys come and ban with no explanation ? 
We demand an explanation this cannot continue like this. 
Whats the point to invest time and money in our accounts if you can just turn around and ban us one day with 0 explanation telling us theres  nothing we can do. Might as well everyone quit now whats the point ?
@Hermes please offer some explanations, this is a very bad precedent being set here. Why invest anything in this server ? Even our time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Hermes @Wissp,

Since when creating a new char is not allowed and get you IP restriction? This is not the first player we know this same issue happened. What changed?

Giran guy creates 1 chars, gets IP restriction ban and after update all his accounts are banned without any warning?

TI girl creates 4 chars and all got banned too?

Our servers are losing players day by day and you do this with legit players that are still here..

Do you have idea why we do keep playing this? We have talked about it among us several times. We play cuz the friends we made. Then you take away one of them without any explanation? This is not accepted, and it wont be.

If u want us all to leave and close servers, just do it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Hermes, @Wissp

I've been around NC servers since 2007. I've had many account issues over the years that I have successfully resolved via your support. This is the first time ever that we see such behaviour, as banning IPs and accounts without any further information and even worse without the possibility of restoring.

Such a behaviour is not expected from a game that acts more as SasS, where people invest tons of money, personal time and keep playing due to relations they built here.

The worst part is that actions like this one, make you as a team and the servers look more unreliable day after day.

Unban the guys's IP, let the few people left in here and still giving you money, enjoy the game. Otherwise you will lose it all eventually.

We try to play by your rules, you have to  give us information about anything that is related to our activity. Do your job and be fair.

Unban the dude.

P.S.: Remember that refunding any transaction within the last 365 days is still an option for all these players and you can't even do a thing about it.

Best regards,

Nostra

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I second my fellow players.

Dear @Hermesand @Wissp, I would appreciate if you spend few minutes reading this thread.

I've been playing this game on official servers since around 2003-2004 (you can check my ingame account creation date). Back in days there were a lot more players even though game was subscription-based ($15/month). There are several reasons for this:

1. Game was fun, everything was obtainable through ingame means
  2. There were alive online GMs almost at any time of the day and you could actually communicate with them and they understood the game, so any issue could be solved in minutes, if not seconds. Now it is some kind of automated process which has 0 context on the game, as well as GMs which have no context on the game and server.

Since some time ago, as number of players kept declining (after release followed High5, while High5 was one of the most loved releases ever - because you ACTUALLY listened to players when was creating it), but then you moved to p2w (don't call it f2p, this is lie and you know it) scheme to try to mitigate declining profits because of declining population. It is like trying to put off fire with gasoline.

There are hundreds of random-named bots farming adena for sale through RMT everywhere on the map now, I keep seeing them for the past several years I play on Giran server. Same characters. Yet, instead you ban people who are real players. They actually PLAY the game, they love it and L2 is more than just a game, it is community, clans are family. Due to the nature of the game - long-long way to get to the endgame content - people become not just playmates, but kind of family.

To increase revenue you need to attract real players (with content and lower prices as well) and don't ban them for no reason.

From what I know talking to the guy mentioned in this topic - he needed another account for some reason, created it and immediately got blocked by IP - which means every single character he plays got ban for CREATING ACCOUNT. Read it again. This does sound ridiculous.

My ask here is to carefully review recent tickets created - my friend sent them and got response that "no further communication will happen" with 0 explanation (canned answer "thorough review has been conducted") or even attempt to figure out what has happened.

I would highly appreciate your REAL analysis on the situation and unblocking of my friend.

-Nevermind (Teon/Naia), NeverDwarf (Giran)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Hyunkel said:

Hello,

We have no way of looking into ingame accounts here on the forums. Please contact Customer Support: https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us

The purpose of this thread is to bring attention of someone from the team (including aforementiones Hermes and Wissp) who could actually look into situation with consciousness and not just support engineers, who use canned answers and don't really look into the issue.

Thanks,

-Nevermind/NeverDwarf

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Hyunkel said:

Hello,

We have no way of looking into ingame accounts here on the forums. Please contact Customer Support: https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us

we are also doing that but im sure there they will reply with the standard "we cannot reveal our investigation process" or "please have your friend contact us".
We are here to talk about both this specific case BUT also the fact that you need a change in your security system. Everyone bots, so many scammers and cheaters, some people run 100 accs on one PC and your security system keeps flagging for the silliest reasons. This is not the first time. Get rid of that security system it doesnt help and only causes problems. Change your security protocols otherwise there will be no server left to protect. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NCSoft is playing through dirty rules. Ban an old player that plays a fair game for years without a warning and telling him WHY he was banned? 

I don't see you ban people selling accounts, I don't see you banning people who scams, I don't see you ban people who abuse of bots. So, for me it's just someone inside NCsoft trying to justify it's job banning random people. You forget that this game is only alive because of people and you should be more respectful and more active in the server.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hyunkel said:

Hello,

As I understand, no one has told this player why he was banned. What rule was he breaking? The lack of transparency is beyond worrying here. Many of us have spent money on this game in the past. This kind of administration is proving that to be a poor decision. If good people who play this game consistently will get banned for no stated reason, I will never spend money with this game or company again. This is consistent with other recent IP-based behavior, *which is completely baseless in the first place*. The idea that I could be banned because my wife, who also plays, does something seals this for me.

Between the complete lack of response to many players, the stagnation of development in the game except changes that are found to have negative impact, and the complete lack of access to endgame content except for those who spend exorbitant amounts of money on this game, the only thing going for us players is the community of other players. You are putting the final nail in the coffin with this kind of unacceptable behavior. Fix it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I Am wondering if you guys have statistics to analyze results after implementing changes in game, either for protection or a simple game play change.

1 - PK System Change: Your current bully pk system kicked all the new players out destroying the balance between strong player vs impunity. in result there's only few people left...
2 - Implementing automatic system for protection: I understand that the goal is to protect players and the game, but without understanding the current situation of the server, you guys are actually creating an unfair situation blocking the remaining real players who have been helping NCsoft for years, while RMT Farmers only play to sell Adena without problems.  So, either you apply the same rules to everyone, or you just don't.

We are the last ones playing on this server, if you can't understand what your customer needs are I think we all know the result. Stop blocking real players and make events to bring new players. 

@Hermes @Wissp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi @Hyunkel, @Hermes...
Yet again our beloved NCSoft/West has gathered us here to show our appreciation of what a wonderful job they are doing by completely disrespecting their community.
By the end of today you will probably see 90% of this server show their disapproval of your actions and policies ... the other 10% you already banned / restricted. 
We are not many left and yet you still cant take care of us and answer simple questions. 
Why was Lventooo banned , why do you say it has been investigated to the highest degree but you cant provide us the reason, why are you not putting the simple effort of keeping us around instead banning people that has been in your server since the start? 
Am i the next ? Is my other friends that are the reason i still keep playing and investing time and money next? Why do we keep playing if we have a company that cant be transparent with us?!
Unban Lventooo , fix your priorities and appreciation towards your community .
Invest some time in the server you decide to ban people in and do a proper job, instead deciding by using policies and people that are not even aware of the situation..
If you are not certain how to shut down the server so you focus on your mobile games and this is your plan of letting us decide for you then you are on the right track.
Thank you and i hope you listen to the people here

• Haha 2

Hi @Hyunkel, @Hermes

Well, unfortunately, the problem with creating accounts has been there for a long time and I'm afraid that no one will do anything about it, but as far as the support of the players is concerned, maybe that could change, right? I understand that there are things that you cannot influence, since the client is set up by the manufacturer, but that does not mean that you should turn your back on the players... PS: sometimes I feel that you would cancel classic and replace it with Aden...       (google translator)

Look your friend is banned cuz hes a botter/scripter sorry to break it to you.  Don't try to blame NCSOFT for doing a great job and keeping botters/scripters off the server. It's better to go cry next to the Mississippi River and try to fill it up with all ur tears maybe that can solve the problem there!!! 

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2022 at 10:39 AM, Kthulhu said:

As I understand, no one has told this player why he was banned. What rule was he breaking

cmon now.... we all know that he broke NCWEST EULA.

.. stop Beeding around the bush LULU..... 
heres a link to the reasons u can get banned I hope this helps you all instead of asking questions do your research first.  GM's are very busy to reply to a bunch of crybabys.

LINK::::::::::::NCSOFT West

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SolarVolcano said:

funny seing actual botters and scripters @playerversus @SuperGremlin  complaining here about people who dont use it...
someones jealous no ones gonna stand up for them when they get banned for valid reasons? 

funny considering all the people who posted above are the actual botters and scripters in Giran asking for one of their buddies to be unbanned. I'm just applauding NC for doing their job, hope it keeps on coming then maybe people might actually come back to play! and a fyi, don't think anyone is jealous of the circle jerk crying for their scripter friend to be unbanned, keep the salt coming!

9 minutes ago, SuperGremlin said:

funny considering all the people who posted above are the actual botters and scripters in Giran asking for one of their buddies to be unbanned. I'm just applauding NC for doing their job, hope it keeps on coming then maybe people might actually come back to play! and a fyi, don't think anyone is jealous of the circle jerk crying for their scripter friend to be unbanned, keep the salt coming!

haha its ok we all know u been upset cause u never achieved anything in this server with all ur bot abuse. Cooperation beats botting, one day u might learn :)

5 minutes ago, SolarVolcano said:

haha its ok we all know u been upset cause u never achieved anything in this server with all ur bot abuse. Cooperation beats botting, one day u might learn :)

crazy how you assume i'm a botter, meanwhile your cooperative efforts are advocating for a botter/scripter while these same people are in game botting and scripting at this very moment im sure!

3 minutes ago, SuperGremlin said:

crazy how you assume i'm a botter, meanwhile your cooperative efforts are advocating for a botter/scripter while these same people are in game botting and scripting at this very moment im sure!

how did i assume u are a botter? didnt u do the same lol? u assumed some people are botters without knowing? 
funny moment when u are forced into a corner to realize how silly u sound hahaha :) this would be called checkmate
grow up,  this place is for adults. No one really cares what u came here to cry about

3 minutes ago, SuperGremlin said:

Crazy how you assume everyone else is a botter but you lol .. only a hypocrite can be so delusional. Lets all assume the Mississippi river has been filled and you are back in the salt mines in another server thats not even West and carry on .
No need to be a forum warrior for a place you dont belong to .