Spoil chance

gatzuaa

Hi there,

I was looking for this information about 'spoil chance' over the forum but there is no information about it. After the latest patch this suppose to change.

My question is, what are spoil chances right now ? How many mobs do I have to spoil to turn them 'blue' and sweepable ?

Thank you for your answers

That entirely depends on the mob. If the mob has only one spoilable item with 50% chance, then on average, 50 out of 100 will turn blue. If the mob has only one spoilable item with 1% chance, then on average, 1 out of 100 will turn blue. You can check the spoil list of mobs on https://l2wiki.com/classic/Main_Page but keep in mind that those are from a newer patch of classic, so there might be mobs that don't exist here (mostly high levels though, so it doesn't matter for now) and the actual numbers will be a bit different too. With the changes yesterday, it should be somewhat close though.

Hello,

It also depends of random luck. I mean, I farmed between 1h45 - 3h40 GTM+1 (at the release of the patch) some mobs with a chance to trop one item at 6% and another item at 1%. I got 16 items (6%) and 3 items (1%). 

But this morning, when I tried to farm these same mobs, I killed 88 mobs, only 2 items (6%). So the drops were totally different than during the night.

I will continue to experiment the spoiling rates during this weekend. At the start this night, it was fixed, this morning it seemed to be not so fixed.

11 minutes ago, Raidarino said:

Hello,

It also depends of random luck. I mean, I farmed between 1h45 - 3h40 GTM+1 (at the release of the patch) some mobs with a chance to trop one item at 6% and another item at 1%. I got 16 items (6%) and 3 items (1%). 

But this morning, when I tried to farm these same mobs, I killed 88 mobs, only 2 items (6%). So the drops were totally different than during the night.

I will continue to experiment the spoiling rates during this weekend. At the start this night, it was fixed, this morning it seemed to be not so fixed.

Of course it depends on luck. That's how random number generators work. Given time and a big enough pool of data, it averages out. Also, if those percentages are according to the Wiki, again, those are server specific according to the current patch on the EU server, which is different than the NA server's version. NA will progress later. I'd say you should divide those values by 2, and that would be safe to consider as our rates. If it's more, then great, but don't expect them to be.

Archived