great questing experience so far!

NoStr3ss

doing SE class quests , at part 37 of 3in1 quest chain , where i need to wait for the werewolf to be very low life to finish him . 

I DARE YOU , CREATE A TEST-TOON AND GO THERE , 5 HUNGRY BOTS WILL JUMP YOUR MOB LOCKING YOU OUT AND BREAKING YOUR QUEST . 

Let me give you a tip here. Whatever the quest NPCs tell you - bs. Whatever L2 Wiki tells you - bs. Everyone is telling you 100% lies. Killing the werewolf in a single hit WILL immediately despawn the Ol Mahum (if they are still alive), BUT IT WILL NOT ADVANCE THE QUEST. It does not matter if the 'final' blow is dealt via Wind Strike, physical critical or standard physical hit.

Back when I did this quest in classic, I had to hang around the quest NPC to see how others did the quest. Apparently if you have a proper weapon and can kill the werewolf in two/three wind strike casts, you will immediately succeed the quest. So the main problems are
1) mcrit = instant kill = FAILURE
2) bots will 1-hit the quest monster and their unicorns cast rather fast

Best to wait until bots get stuck around the boulders nearby (then they will not be aggressive until a monster spawns nearby them) and quickly fire the two wind strikes to pass the quest.

3 minutes ago, Devoid said:

Let me give you a tip here. Whatever the quest NPCs tell you - bs. Whatever L2 Wiki tells you - bs. Everyone is telling you 100% lies. Killing the werewolf in a single hit WILL immediately despawn the Ol Mahum (if they are still alive), BUT IT WILL NOT ADVANCE THE QUEST. It does not matter if the 'final' blow is dealt via Wind Strike, physical critical or standard physical hit.

Back when I did this quest in classic, I had to hang around the quest NPC to see how others did the quest. Apparently if you have a proper weapon and can kill the werewolf in two/three wind strike casts, you will immediately succeed the quest. So the main problems are
1) mcrit = instant kill = FAILURE
2) bots will 1-hit the quest monster and their unicorns cast rather fast

Best to wait until bots get stuck around the boulders nearby (then they will not be aggressive until a monster spawns nearby them) and quickly fire the two wind strikes to pass the quest.

man , i'd buy your a high quality bottle of gin if i knew you . 

thanks so much , i almost lost sanity standing there for so long

Archived