So I have been wondering...

Umanre

After reading this forum, watching other player behave, the economy of the game and how L2 Classic works and  knowing that this game is mostly played by players that have been playing this game since the early days, whether on illegal server or the official server, I wonder: do the majority of players do illegal stuff to progress ? Like buying/selling adena, letting dozens of bots doing stuff while they do something with their main character or something else, exploiting bugs for fast progress, etc...

Feels like a constant atmosphere of a corrupted game "full of dirty rats" (if you know what I mean) seems to wander around this game. Also, being a honest player feels like being a fool.

This is just my impression.

I think u need to 'do whatever it takes' to enjoy an old game like Lineage2.

You have to make decisions and stand by the consequences of those decisions.

I started playing Lineage 2 back in Bartz Server 2004. Fell in-love with the game and some home comes back to this familiar place of Aden.

There are harsh realities of this game and like life, not everything will go your way no matter how much you wished it would be.

You might always wanted a Lamborghini Huracan to drive from town to town but in reality you can only afford to take the bus or walk from town to town.

You cant friggin cry to the government/Dev/town mayor of your problems... They will only tell you to suck it up and do what you are able to do.

So, in this game, you decide if you want to live in Aden and do what you can to live and enjoy the 1 ~ 2 hours that you have to play before your wife/GF/RaidBoss gets aggro on you.

PS: I'm playing on Live server, with the same toon I had in 2004, I tried Classics...and all the bad memories came rushing back... XP penalty at death, shitty drops, scammers, farmers and I tell myself ... Im not going back there .. I'll stick by Live.         Maybe I'll try Classics again...when I learnt to take real pain and be a zombie

11 hours ago, Umanre said:

After reading this forum, watching other player behave, the economy of the game and how L2 Classic works and  knowing that this game is mostly played by players that have been playing this game since the early days, whether on illegal server or the official server, I wonder: do the majority of players do illegal stuff to progress ? Like buying/selling adena, letting dozens of bots doing stuff while they do something with their main character or something else, exploiting bugs for fast progress, etc...

Feels like a constant atmosphere of a corrupted game "full of dirty rats" (if you know what I mean) seems to wander around this game. Also, being a honest player feels like being a fool.

This is just my impression.

This is a classic case of 'the news reporting the big story bad news'. Basically, what you are getting is a mouthful of the complaints because the people who are happy/content with the game are not the ones who are active on the forums. There are a few of us that I have seen, but you just don't hear about the good stuff. I haven't been nearly as active in the game as i want (hooray weekend warrior status), but I have already made a decent amount of friends thru the game. And honestly that is what I enjoy about it the most. Back in the day I made friends that I have been gaming with since, this game has also reunited me with one of my best friends from back in the day. 
There are issues with the game, but honestly, try to dive deeper into the experience. Embrace the difficulty that forces you to join a clan and xp with people and MAKE FRIENDS. share tips and learn the game better and its honestly not that hard. It is just a different style that most are used to. Gotta do more than just "level" to make money and upgrade n stuff. The delayed gratification makes it much better when you get that new set though. Trust me. Its worth it.

Archived