Another What class to play thread!

Akassa

Hi All, started playing classic last weekend and im a bit undecided on what class. 
I started with a Dark Elf Mage and im lvl 16 now. I dont get a great deal of time to play so will pretty much be solo, maybe party at weekends:) So was wondering your thoughts on best way to go? The options i am thinking are - 
- Go Dark Wizard and decide between Spellhowler or Phantom Summoner.
- Go Shillien Oracle as a box and second account Orc Fighter with the aim of going Monk and Tyrant? Or would you suggest a different class to lvl with boxed Shillien Oracle?
- Or something completely different to solo?
Im not really intending on PVP and not sure i will ever get to end game, just looking to enjoy a few months playing the first MMO i ever played 15 years ago:)
Many Thanks

Everything depends on the type of character you want: warrior, magician or hybrid.
The elementary sumoner is a good class to level up and get money, the warlord also because it does aoe and kills many bugs at the same time using few soulshots, although if you choose a warlord you will have to make a backpack that will heal the mp (I would say a I know because he also has VR).
Particularly I have an sps with se + pp and the mp is spent fast xd.

9 hours ago, Akassa said:

Hi All, started playing classic last weekend and im a bit undecided on what class. 
I started with a Dark Elf Mage and im lvl 16 now. I dont get a great deal of time to play so will pretty much be solo, maybe party at weekends:) So was wondering your thoughts on best way to go? The options i am thinking are - 
- Go Dark Wizard and decide between Spellhowler or Phantom Summoner.
- Go Shillien Oracle as a box and second account Orc Fighter with the aim of going Monk and Tyrant? Or would you suggest a different class to lvl with boxed Shillien Oracle?
- Or something completely different to solo?
Im not really intending on PVP and not sure i will ever get to end game, just looking to enjoy a few months playing the first MMO i ever played 15 years ago:)
Many Thanks

How many boxes are you willing to play at once? If you can box up to 3 (limit per PC) here you go :
Phantom summoner or Spellhowler > PP + SE : PP will learn acumen+zerk+bless soul. SE will learn empower, wild magic and recharge. 
Tyrant or Titan > WC+EE/BD : WC will learn all PP's buff but will also get vampire, you wont get zerk or bless soul/body but you don't mind it due to ur own buffs. EE is good 'cause he can recharge and heal you (and trust me, you'll need to heal urself A LOT), otherwise go BD since it will learn dances and you will need it to grind. You can fix the lack of vampiric rage with fish stew. 

As spellsinger (so think of it like you'll play SPH or PS) i'm actually playing SE+PP as boxes and things go reaaally smooth, i run out of MP a lot but due mana regen i can keep up. If you manage to buy CDL on SPH you wont have such problem since with CDL you will pwn mobs faster and way easier so you will need to rest a lil less, allowing both SPH and SE to restore mana. 
As dagger (so think of it like you'll play as orc) i can buff myself and heal myself from PP so i got 0 problems grinding. SE wont be of any help, since i can get VR from stew. I'd rather have a BD dancing me with Fire and later on Warrior/Fury to increase hunting speed. No mana, no problem, auto attack. 

There's a huge "con" tho, if you'll play a melee class...that is : Haste and Death Whisper spellbooks. Their price is insane. 8kk+ for haste and over 10 for DW...and those are KEY BUFFS. WC, somehow, get his books for way less. 

My personal opinion tho, feel free to ask anything else if you need. 

Thanks for the replies.

Mistral - I would say i would rather play 2 accounts to get use to that first.

I think my preferred style would be magic nuking but don't really want much down time to sit and wait for mana regen, also a non expensive good money making class:)

14 hours ago, Akassa said:

Thanks for the replies.

Mistral - I would say i would rather play 2 accounts to get use to that first.

I think my preferred style would be magic nuking but don't really want much down time to sit and wait for mana regen, also a non expensive good money making class:)

Going with 2 boxes alone is pretty hard...maybe you should go for Phantom summoner then...for sure, if you're a SPH you will need for sure an SE to recharge you if you don't wanna waste too much time sitting to recover mana...but also having a PP would be a must due to acumen+zerk+bless soul...so maybe, if you want a mage, summoner is the best pick. Not sure if it's cheap or not (no idea since it requires SS/BSS for you and ur summon as well). As for melee class...no idea, honestly, with just 2 boxes there is not much you can play. If you go melee and want just 1 box then go for a PP or a WC, but keep in mind what i said above. Good luck, anyway :)

Archived