Epic instances guide

I wanted to compile a list of epics guide for players, who want to learn how to kill these bosses. We do it with clannies on a weekly basis and I noticed how many ppl don't really know everything about those instances. Please, feel free to add whatever you think is needed. I hope it will help many players.

*Note: This is how I teach and do things with my clan, it doesn't mean that other ways are wrong or less efficient.

Ekimus lv. 99

• Lvl requirement: 95+
  • Min. number of ppl required in cc: 14
  • No prequest needed.

Tactics:

1. Ignore embryos & go straight to boss room & kill both rbs.
  2. Healers hide in the bridge corners, dds, tanks, iss & rb on bridge (it helps healers to stay alive if he casts his skill guided death)
  3.  Upstairs kill mini RBs in chambers when spawned to avoid skill *(guided death)
  4. Kill tumors when spawned.

Tips:

•  In case of pt death healers should pt res after guided death skills are over.
  • *Guided death: Casted 6 times (I think) if mini rbs in chambers aren't killed, every mini rb killed reduces the number of casting by 1.

Epic Istina

• Lvl requirement: 97+
  • Min. number of ppl required in cc: 14
  • Tank needed for aggro (can be done without, but harder > death blow skill from istina)
  • No prequest needed.
  • Confirmation of availability needed at starting npc. (option Epic istina)

Tactics:

1. Whole pt take energy control device from entry npc to use inside on *sealing energy* when a player is in yoke status (device has few seconds cd)
  2. Kill mobs when spawn if necessary.

Tips:

• Same as in normal Istina, avoid eruption, coloured areas, don't hit in front of Istina etc.

Epic Octavis lv. 98

• No prequest needed.

Tactics: Nothing special.

1. Same as in normal Octavis, 1 person on beast (wynn, feoh, yul) advisable not to put strongest dd on beast as it's dmg wasted.
  2. Again on 2nd stage same as in regular Octavis, healers hide from boss' skills.

Tips: Tank is a good class to bring in this instance, although not necessary, it all depends on your pt/pts gear, lvl.

Epic Tauti lv. 99

• Prequest needed > starting npc: Sizrak > quest name: Fergason's offer/scheme (200 mobs)

Tactics:

1. Two healers in cc (very important to sleep Zahaks)
  2. Marking floor with adena for an easy identifying to which Zahaks need to be slept.
  3. Looking from the entrance's way Zahak on the North & East must be slept at all times. If sleep fails, communicating is advisable and asking for petrify, transform from iss or exile from wynns. If Zahak is already debuffed with exile/petrify they will resist sleep, healer must keep target on Zahak and wait debuff to wear off and cast sleep right after they lose them. Zahaks spawn after Tauti is below 50% hp.
  4. Avoid red circles on the floor
  5. Tauti casts 2 skill you have to look out for, 1 is called Ultimate whirlwind the other Ultimate Typhoon. These 2 skills are casted when Tauti is below 50% hp and can wipe away the whole cc and it's necessary to get close to or far away from the boss when he casts them. It's good to use a **macro shout for when he is casting.
  • Tauti Whirlwind = Run away from boss
  • Tauti Typhoon = Get close to boss

Tips:

• Spam skills like brilliant purge, healer celestial, angel touch to be able to avoid annoying stuns (it reaches pretty far)
  • **Macro shout for skills
  1. ``Whirlwind >> RUN
  2. ``Typhoon >> CLOSE
cleardot.gif

Archived